Strictly Come Dancing 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The problem with couples choice is that it's whatever the producers want it to be on any given week. Sometimes it's a heartfelt routine as a tribute to a family member, sometimes it's a weird dance to the Simpsons theme because....the rights to the music weren't too expensive? Who knows. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a childhood dream of Max's to dress up as Homer Simpson though

I wouldn't mind so much if there were some sort of rules or consistency to it, but I think that horse has bolted now 😆

And they need to give over with all this 'best dance EVAH' nonsense when most of the CCs are quite dull (there have been a few good ones though)

Reactions: 9
I totally agree with all the comments about CC, but I will say that Faye and Giovanni's jazz dance is easily one of my all time favourite dances on Strictly!!

Reactions: 15
They could shorten the series to 11-12 weeks rather than 13 and it wouldn't feel much different (not saying this will happen) but 9 weeks was too condensed for what we're used to. 3 of the quarter finalists dodged most of the styles they would have struggled with, the series was littered with Couple's Choice (free ticket to next week) plus less time meant less improvement.

Latest rumour appears to be Matilda Ramsay - wouldn't surprise me, I've seen her rumoured before and a reasonable signing in her own right since she has a CBBC show. Also wondered why Gordon had a terms and conditions segment on one of the weeks last year, maybe that was connected to her eventually being involved since I can't imagine him usually appearing.

Reactions: 2
Hearing that announcements won't start for celebs until after Olympics is over, so maybe the 9th of August. Might hint that they have booked someone for the Olympics or Paralympic.

Pro zoom rehearsals start tomorrow though. Isolation bubble for pro rehearsals will be formed soon too. They are filming some dance pieces on location again too. R.A.H is supposedly one place they are using

Reactions: 1
I've been thinking for a few years its only a matter of time before Tom Daley starts popping up on the reality circuit as he is clearly fame hungry and his career will end soon as he ages, and i can see him being a good fit for strictly. Now having won gold his profile will be higher

Reactions: 5
I've been thinking for a few years its only a matter of time before Tom Daley starts popping up on the reality circuit as he is clearly fame hungry and his career will end soon as he ages, and i can see him being a good fit for strictly. Now having won gold his profile will be higher
That could be a good shout. I can see him with Giovanni or Gorka

Reactions: 4
His profile has always been fairly high. He was the professional diver for the z-list reality show Splash! on ITV. And he got caught out checking out Dan Osborne wearing just a Speedo.

Reality TV is definitely going to be his post-diving career. Strictly should be top of the list. I'd love to see him on Strictly.

Reactions: 3
Olympians are a tricky one. On the one hand there are plenty who’d be great fits but this year i don’t think is the one. With the commonwealth games being a home games I can see those who’s events are included (and have qualified/going for qualification not sure how it works for these smaller games) not wanting a commitment like SCD just out of fear of injury and to potentially just have a small recovery period.

I could see Tom finishing competing on a high now that he's got a gold and will be 30 at Paris. He's had 4 shots and has now managed to win so it is possible. I reckon he'll end up on Strictly before long last.

Agreed that he'd be great with Giovanni or Gorka! (assuming he'd want a male pro)

Reactions: 6
If Tom has any sense then he will get on Strictly this year while his name is known. Keep the momentum high to secure another media job.

Reactions: 6
If it isn't Tom Daley on Strictly this year it will be Nile Wilson since he retired. And he definitely wants a profile I think, with his YouTube. And I think he would be a fun dancer for someone.

Oh god yeah Nile is even more fame hungry than Tom. Plus he has the sports and youtuber draw. Not a fan of either but I'd rather tom, he seems a nicer guy

Oh god yeah Nile is even more fame hungry than Tom. Plus he has the sports and youtuber draw. Not a fan of either but I'd rather tom, he seems a nicer guy
Oh yeah definitely. Tom sometimes rubs me the wrong way, but generally I think he's a nice guy, good heart. But Nile definitely comes across more irritating, bit more arrogance and definitely more fame hungry. And he pissed me off going to Dubai or wherever for "work" during the peak pandemic when every Insta bleep and z-list reality twit was going out there.

If Tom did take part I can see him doing very well. He's a very well known and liked athlete and a favourite of many, and I can also see him just being very good at dancing. I do hate the stereotype that if he took part it would be with a man though. Maybe he would want to, but just because he's married to a man doesn't necessarily mean he wants to dance with one. I feel like after Nicola last year every single gay person is suggested with a same-sex partner. But anyway, I digress.

I don't think for this year as it's a bit too late but I'd also love to see Tom's partner Matty Lee take part. I think he'd also be surprisingly good and I also think he'd actually be up for it. I must admit that I am quite the fan of Tom, and you see a lot of Matty on his youtube and he seems like a really nice and genuine guy.

Yeah personally I wouldn't want a male partner just because I'm gay. Ballroom dancing isn't about sex or attraction.

Reactions: 8
I love Tom - would be great seeing him on Strictly! And imagine if we'd have had to sit through an Ore and Joanne contemporary number...😳😳😳

Apologies for getting political but I’ll put in my two cents - as another gay on here, I find the assumption that all gay men/women in the show would want a same-sex partner to be a tad insulting, it just reduces us to our sexuality. I’m glad there is some common sense on that issue here since a lot of people online just jump to the assumption, a few posters on DS in particular seem to quite aggressively push for same-sex pairings when even a bisexual celeb is mentioned and it really rubs me the wrong way.

It’s still an inclusive show - as long as there are gay pros and participants, all is fine. Sometimes they dance together, sometimes not, I’m sure plenty of LGBT youth would still have been inspired by seeing Johannes dancing on the show regardless of whether he got a man or woman as his partner. :)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I completely agree. It really angers me that for much of my life I've fought against being defined by my sexuality, and now people are obsessed with labels and everyone in their place.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.