Strictly Come Dancing 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This article appeared elsewhere, just wonder how ore and alesha managed to win then šŸ¤” oh maybe because they were better?
Did she get to the final with Gleb and they had a pretty mediocre show dance?

Sheā€™s maybe said this before (it was 2015 she was on!) but I donā€™t know itā€™s brought up again now. I havenā€™t read the article so it maybe explains in that

Reactions: 1
Did she get to the final with Gleb and they had a pretty mediocre show dance?

Sheā€™s maybe said this before (it was 2015 she was on!) but I donā€™t know itā€™s brought up again now. I havenā€™t read the article so it maybe explains in that
She got to the semi's

Aye ok luv šŸ™„
Well considering strictly is basically speed dating for giovanni I'm not surprised šŸ˜‚

I'm probably in the minority but I'm actually not a massive fan or Blackpool week so not bothered about them not going

Reactions: 6
Well considering strictly is basically speed dating for giovanni I'm not surprised šŸ˜‚

I'm probably in the minority but I'm actually not a massive fan or Blackpool week so not bothered about them not going
Just confirms to me nothing but a business manager arranged showmance. We all know as well Giovanni is like a dog on heat from September so she's got to get her headlines now to stay relevant

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Just confirms to me nothing but a business manager arranged showmance. We all know as well Giovanni is like a dog on heat from September so she's got to get her headlines now to stay relevant
I guess whoever gets partnered with Giovanni this year has to brace themselves for all the PR nonsense. Quite intrigued to see how this plays out šŸ˜†

It's a shame about Blackpool, but understandable. Pleased we don't have to wait a couple of weeks between the launch show and live show though

I don't get how Giovanni is seen as some sort of stud. He looks like a ratty little chav to me. I can just see him in a tracksuit and a Vauxhall corsa.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
As for Anita Rani - I get it, I'm sure most people question how they'd have fared if aspects of them were different but she's being a bit unfair suggesting that it was race that got her eliminated from SCD.

That was the year with Jay - she was never winning. That series also had some good competition in Georgia, Kellie & Helen, there was also Peter Andre (early favourite) and Katie Derham who was quite good and got votes so that Anton could make his 1st final. I don't see how she could have won.

If she's wondering about not making the final - nothing to do with the voters and all to do with having Gleb as a pro. His choreo just showcased him plus his behaviour at DWTS has me convinced that he may be a bit of a narcissist. That awful non Salsa in the semi final ensured their fate - it seemed like they threw caution to the wind and did a Showdance anyway with the possibility that they wouldn't get to the final to do one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
The tabloids are obsessed with the strictly curse they will be digging for any story they can.
Tbh I couldnā€™t tell you who won the glitter balls but I know who the tabloids said shagged who šŸ¤£

• Haha
As for Anita Rani - I get it, I'm sure most people question how they'd have fared if aspects of them were different but she's being a bit unfair suggesting that it was race that got her eliminated from SCD.

That was the year with Jay - she was never winning. That series also had some good competition in Georgia, Kellie & Helen, there was also Peter Andre (early favourite) and Katie Derham who was quite good and got votes so that Anton could make his 1st final. I don't see how she could have won.

If she's wondering about not making the final - nothing to do with the voters and all to do with having Gleb as a pro. His choreo just showcased him plus his behaviour at DWTS has me convinced that he may be a bit of a narcissist. That awful non Salsa in the semi final ensured their fate - it seemed like they threw caution to the wind and did a Showdance anyway with the possibility that they wouldn't get to the final to do one.
Yeah, i kind of get why she might asked this question in hindsight, but it definitely wasn't a similar situation to Alexandra Burke, where one of the best dancers was repeatedly in the bottom two. From what I remember, Anita was popular and a classic journey contestant, and the semi final was the first time she was in the bottom two. And yes, that salsa was dire

Incidentally, it was amusing that Anton getting to the final with Katie seemed to have been erased from Strictly history in 2019, where the show seemed keen to stress that this was, in fact, the first time that Anton had reached the final. It's almost as if they were pushing him to win and then retire šŸ˜†

Reactions: 5
I think I can possibly explain that anton getting to the final thing. The year he reached with Katie the final had a different format where a couple was eliminated on the night.

As for Anita I could understand if sheā€™d been in the dance off multiple times but she wasnā€™t. Im pretty sure at the time she was on the one show and countryfile two pretty high profile bbc shows so I think race had little to do with it. Itā€™s like you say that year had a lot of great dancers. Another year with a different pro she couldā€™ve quite easily won the whole series as the journey contestant.

I suspect with Anita it's understandable that when you have faced discrimination during your life, you're bound to wonder at the back of your mind did race play a part. I dont think she was outright making accusations, just that her mind wondered.

I don't get how Giovanni is seen as some sort of stud. He looks like a ratty little chav to me. I can just see him in a tracksuit and a Vauxhall corsa.
I don't think he's as attractive as he seems to think he is. It's his cocÄ·y 'I'm so gorgeous & irresistible ' attitude that puts me off him. If he was chocolate he'd eat himself šŸ¤¢

Reactions: 9
Smelling of Lynx Africa šŸ˜‚

I donā€™t get it either tbh

Thanks @glasgow27, that was the dance I was thinking of!

I didnā€™t get the hype with him either

Reactions: 3
The Strictly curse is laughable. How many have partnered up in comparison to those who didnā€™t.

Apparently the Christmas Special is back this year. Judge Rinder has put himself forward to partner with Giovanni. That could be interesting, would be up for that.

Could this be the year for someone like Jay or Danny Mac to come back for the Christmas show? Either would be good for Oti to have one good routine with this year (since she can't get a contender without it being unfair).

Shame for Ed Balls that the one year Katya went out early was the year that they didn't have a Christmas special! I can't see him with anyone else. Maybe one day.

Who else do we think could come back? They've brought former celebs back for it since 2014 and have had a fair few popular ones already.

If there is also a Children in Need special, I'd say that's a good chance to get some Olympians involved if they don't have the time for a full series with Commonwealths coming up next year.

Reactions: 2
Apologies for getting political but Iā€™ll put in my two cents - as another gay on here, I find the assumption that all gay men/women in the show would want a same-sex partner to be a tad insulting, it just reduces us to our sexuality. Iā€™m glad there is some common sense on that issue here since a lot of people online just jump to the assumption, a few posters on DS in particular seem to quite aggressively push for same-sex pairings when even a bisexual celeb is mentioned and it really rubs me the wrong way.

Itā€™s still an inclusive show - as long as there are gay pros and participants, all is fine. Sometimes they dance together, sometimes not, Iā€™m sure plenty of LGBT youth would still have been inspired by seeing Johannes dancing on the show regardless of whether he got a man or woman as his partner. :)
I very much agree with you. Do you think if an openly gay celeb chose to dance with a partner of the opposite sex, they would get a lot of heat/criticism for this? A bit like, "Why would they chose to do this when same sex pairings are now allowed/accepted on the show?"

I very much agree with you. Do you think if an openly gay celeb chose to dance with a partner of the opposite sex, they would get a lot of heat/criticism for this? A bit like, "Why would they chose to do this when same sex pairings are now allowed/accepted on the show?"
From some people yes but I would fully respect them and applaud them doing so. It should be a choice. Tbh there's also no reason two straight same sex couldn't dance together in theory. Just make it a question at selection

No offence to anyone and I'm not against it but for me I don't think the same sex partnerships work. It didn't work on DOI with H and didn't work with Nicola on strictly. H pushed for it on DOI so I think strictly felt they had to do it too. I'm hoping it's just male/female partners this year.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.