Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That dance is dreadful. I don’t remember it at all and I have watched every city.

Do you think Brendan was a good dancer? In general not in this dance?
I thought he did lovely ballroom, but I found his Latin odd - his arse always stuck out like a shelf!

That said, I don’t think he was an especially good teacher. The likes of Lilia, Karen, and Aljaz manage to make even poor celebs look passably mediocre, dance wise, but Brendan managed to make his mediocre celebs look poor.

Reactions: 12
That Bacofoil routine was so baffling - didn't showcase her strengths, wasn't entertaining, wasn't well danced, terrible choreography and they both seemed to believe it was amazing!

13 years on, let's have another one!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm gutted monkseal's not recapping anymore. about a third of the way down here is the recap of lisa's snowdance. it's amazing

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm gutted monkseal's not recapping anymore. about a third of the way down here is the recap of lisa's snowdance. it's amazing

I miss Monkseal - such a good sense of humour, I have no idea how he managed such commentary for over a decade. Always a treat when he pops up on Digital Spy though.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I loved Camilla (pro dancer), she was so fast!
And her tall-pro partnering with Ian Waite 😁

I saw that comment by James Jordan on Saturday night, buried in his tweets!

I would've assumed the producers forced that routine on Karen and Greg but who knows?
I thought they got on pretty well and the leaving speech was believable (although Karen repeatedly mentioned Greg providing food so perhaps she didn't have many other compliments?!)
People on here seemed to sense friction in the partnership in earlier weeks but I missed it.

I recall James Jordan and Ola having beef with all three Cliftons when they joined the show. Wasn't there a publicised bullying/spat between Ola and Karen?

I really want to know what James is implying here 😁 Generally I enjoy his critique.

Were the Strictly pros of yore allowed to shout encouragement/commands to their celebs on the dancefloor? It feels like a new thing!

All I remember are celebs singing along or dancing with their mouths wide open in a gormless, distracting manner 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Grease Night in the States last night, would rather that theme was left there.

Did Aljaž teach and choreograph this DWTS Quickstep? Felt like something we'd see from him with gapping throughout the entire number! And the celeb is apparently an ex professional dancer:
Jojo siwa & Amanda Kloots were incredible last night. Loving Jenna even more than usual this year 💕

Reactions: 2
I don't think Greg really gave a monkey's and that may have wound up Karen as a competitive professional. But I think they got on well enough - though that might be my bias as I like Karen... I think if Greg looked uncomfortable or annoyed in that dance I'd buy James' theory but tbh he looked like he was enjoying the silliness of it all!

Brendan was a lovely dancer usually, but his huge ego may have been his undoing

Reactions: 11
I miss Monkseal - such a good sense of humour, I have no idea how he managed such commentary for over a decade. Always a treat when he pops up on Digital Spy though.
he and his husband do live tweet everything, which is something, i suppose

I do think that there would be a hell of a lot of [PUNCHLINE REDACTED] this year if he was still recapping tho

• Haha
I see Giovanni has split from his girlfriend, is that the strictly curse again? He looked very close with Rose on Saturday. I think they would be a lovely couple!

Thanks @orlyb1310 I’ve never seen this before, it’s amazing ❤

Wow!! I’m not sure I’ve ever seen that, which is weird as I always see the Christmas specials! But bloody hell; that’s an amazing dance. Would definitely be in the hall of fame if it’d be on the main show!

• Heart
I had a look at Greg’s Instagram and he made Karen a bowl, they got on fine I think.

I actually did warm to him in the end

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Wonder if we’ll see any of Ian Waite now Zoe has departed it takes two?? The way they went on always made me feel ill

• Haha
That dance is dreadful. I don’t remember it at all and I have watched every city.

I wasn’t a fan but we saw him life in a tour he did with his brother and other dancers. The dancing was fantastic and he came across better than he did on the show too.

The only routine that sticks in my mind of his (other than the tin foil show dance) is Sophie EB’s Charleston

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I see Giovanni has split from his girlfriend, is that the strictly curse again? He looked very close with Rose on Saturday. I think they would be a lovely couple!
I don't see them as a couple at all. Just really good mates who take the piss out of each other.

Reactions: 14
Which was no mean feat considering it could* have been up against THE GREATEST show dance in the history of all dances, ever! 🤩🤩🤩

*but sadly Lisa and Brendan were eliminated first so not only did they have to struggle their way through this, they had to do so knowing that the public liked them least of all the finalists.

Aw the infamous bacofoil 🤣, back in the days when showdances tried to copy the reverse/rewind lift that some random professional acrobatic couple performed the week before. So glad Tom and Camilla broke that trend.
(And is it only me but I hate leotard dances, lots of split legs, I really don't want to see their foofoos!).

Reactions: 5
John’s replies to the other celebs on Instagram are so lovely, what a genuinely nice guy

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Anyone follow Tilly on Instagram? She’s just posted about someone calling her chubby on a radio show (think someone somewhat famous? No idea). Absolutely disgusting. Everyone needs to stop with the body shaming already.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.