Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If John and Johannes did a proper filth rumba or Argentine tango there would be a section of the media and population that would complain. Sad but true. They are playing safe.
Shirley did tell them not to be afraid of doing more in hold. The people would complain gave an issue with same sex couples anyway, so as they are there they shouldn't bother about them. Same sex couples have always danced anyway, especially in Latin countries.

Reactions: 4
Judi on ITT going on and on with the sob story. She looks deflated like it’s all over .
It must be quite demoralising to know the public haven't warmed to you. It seems almost inevitable that she'll be in the dance off again and I can't see her being saved over anyone remaining unless they majorly mess up.

Reactions: 9
I actually really like Judi and her partnership with Graziano, I just can’t bear a sob story from anyone !

Reactions: 17
The history of Argentine tango is that
men learned to be followers before they learned to be leaders and men danced together to learn before they were good enough to dance with women so I really hope they do an AT that shows this off.

It would be wonderful. There are so many beautiful male-male ATs online, it’s such a beautiful dance when done properly.

Sadly on Strictly they’ve decided that an AT represents the aftermath of a row with your other half over whose turn it is to put the bins out, and must only be danced with a timbre of haughty contempt.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I actually really like Judi and her partnership with Graziano, I just can’t bear a sob story from anyone !
I'm with you there and yeah, I did feel the interview about losing her parents went on a bit - would have seemed callous for Rylan to try to wrap it up, I guess.

I can definitely see her with sweatbands, legwarmers, gym ball, the lot for this week's dance. I'm sure they'll have fun but I do think it's probably her last one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
WEEK 5 DANCES

AJ and Kai: Argentine Tango to Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks

Judi and Graziano: Cha Cha Cha to Physical by Olivia Newton-John

Rose and Giovanni: Viennese Waltz to Fallin' by Alicia Keys

Sara and Aljaž: Rumba to You're Still The One by Shania Twain

Tilly and Nikita: Foxtrot to Little Things by One Direction

Adam and Katya: Samba to Faith by George Michael

Dan and Nadiya: Viennese Waltz to She's Always a Woman by Billy Joel

John and Johannes: Charleston to Milord by Édith Piaf

Rhys and Nancy: American Smooth to I've Got The World On a String by Michael Bublé

Tom and Amy: Salsa to Watermelon Sugar by Harry Styles

Ugo and Oti: Rumba to Leave The Door Open by Bruno Mars, Anderson .Paak and Silk Sonic
Odds on that Judi and Graziano's Cha Cha Cha to Physical will include leg warmers and head sweatbands :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My husband LOVES Strictly, and it was him who got me into it when we met. The biggest travesty for him in the entire universe is Rachel Stevens not winning Strictly!
Tom Chambers’ showdance definitely won him the trophy. I was so young when it aired but I can remember watching it clear as day and it’s still my all time favourite showdance with Kelvin and Oti’s coming a close second. Tom did a Charleston with Oti on the xmas special a few years ago and it would’ve definitely gone down in the history books if it was a main show dance.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m 100% Team JoJo. Their Tango was so incredibly fierce and sexy really hope for similar vibes in their next dances (after the Charleston obvi).

• Heart
Judi on ITT going on and on with the sob story. She looks deflated like it’s all over .
It must be hard when you’re a bubbly, likeable soul but can’t win over the public. She isn’t the best dancer but she has loads of personality and a lovely partnership with Graziano. I’m glad she didn’t go over Greg or Katie. I cba with a sob story though - just say you want to do well in honour of your parents and get on with it imo. Let the dancing speak for itself.

Reactions: 14
Tom Chambers’ showdance definitely won him the trophy. I was so young when it aired but I can remember watching it clear as day and it’s still my all time favourite showdance with Kelvin and Oti’s coming a close second. Tom did a Charleston with Oti on the xmas special a few years ago and it would’ve definitely gone down in the history books if it was a main show dance.
Thanks @orlyb1310 I’ve never seen this before, it’s amazing ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Tom Chambers’ showdance definitely won him the trophy.
Which was no mean feat considering it could* have been up against THE GREATEST show dance in the history of all dances, ever! 🤩🤩🤩

*but sadly Lisa and Brendan were eliminated first so not only did they have to struggle their way through this, they had to do so knowing that the public liked them least of all the finalists.

• Haha
Which was no mean feat considering it could* have been up against THE GREATEST show dance in the history of all dances, ever! 🤩🤩🤩

*but sadly Lisa and Brendan were eliminated first so not only did they have to struggle their way through this, they had to do so knowing that the public liked them least of all the finalists.
What the duck, she looks like she's about to go in the oven for a few hours before a good basting

• Haha

ah, the snowdance. they were truly simpler times

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
What the duck, she looks like she's about to go in the oven for a few hours before a good basting

There was an epic DS thread on this dance that alluded to this: it’s still referred to as the ‘Bacofoil’ show dance 🤣

I don’t think I can post DS links here, but if you search ‘bacofoil’ or ‘Lisa’s showdance’ it comes up.

“ ...it looked like a bloke who had just shot a stag and was attempting unsuccessfully to pick it up and sling it across the back of his shoulders and take it home to cook but it was too heavy and the legs kept getting in the way.” 🤣🤣🤣

Some clever person took all the wittiest/most scathing comments and added them as subtitles on a YouTube video of the dance. It was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen, but sadly it’s gone from YouTube now (FFS Brendan, you couldn’t let us have our fun, could you? 🤬)

• Haha
Reactions: 9

As someone who considers Brendan their first love, this was by no means his finest hour😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
There was an epic DS thread on this dance that alluded to this: it’s still referred to as the ‘Bacofoil’ show dance 🤣

I don’t think I can post DS links here, but if you search ‘bacofoil’ or ‘Lisa’s showdance’ it comes up.

“ ...it looked like a bloke who had just shot a stag and was attempting unsuccessfully to pick it up and sling it across the back of his shoulders and take it home to cook but it was too heavy and the legs kept getting in the way.” 🤣🤣🤣

Some clever person took all the wittiest/most scathing comments and added them as subtitles on a YouTube video of the dance. It was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen, but sadly it’s gone from YouTube now (FFS Brendan, you couldn’t let us have our fun, could you? 🤬)
Oh my god, I'm going over for a look right now!

• Haha
Reactions: 5

That dance is dreadful. I don’t remember it at all and I have watched every city.

Do you think Brendan was a good dancer? In general not in this dance?

Reactions: 3

I am howling 😂😂😂! The bit when he looks like he’s rolling up a carpet to find a comfy way of carrying it 😂😂😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.