Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still believe she was robbed of title, and I miss Vincent
My husband LOVES Strictly, and it was him who got me into it when we met. The biggest travesty for him in the entire universe is Rachel Stevens not winning Strictly!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I would bet £1 (I don’t gamble) that Vincent choreographed that one - it’s very good.

Sadly you’re down a quid. It was choreographed by these people:

I have a friend who is quite well-connected in the world of ‘proper’ AT. Apparently, the AT community is generally pretty unimpressed with what passes for AT on Strictly. It’s like a ‘cartoon’ version: overly aggressive, rammed with exaggerated lifts and silly leg business, etc.

But then again, most of the dances on Strictly are now ‘cartoon’ versions of the original form.

Just imagine if J & J manage something like this🤩

Reactions: 3

I have a friend who is quite well-connected in the world of ‘proper’ AT. Apparently, the AT community is generally pretty unimpressed with what passes for AT on Strictly. It’s like a ‘cartoon’ version: overly aggressive, rammed with exaggerated lifts and silly leg business, etc.

But then again, most of the dances on Strictly are now ‘cartoon’ versions of the original form.

This is why I don’t gamble 😆
I watched the Rachel and Vincent one and it’s so similar in many sections.

AT on strictly is nothing like actual social dancing, it’s like a show dance. If you tried that in a salon you’d kick everyone else off the dance floor.

Reactions: 2

We went to dance lessons for a while and the teachers were also critical of Strictly - they said that it was such a bad representation of dancing and so many people were only taking it up after watching it, only to be disappointed that they don’t come out like the contestants

AT on strictly is nothing like actual social dancing, it’s like a show dance. If you tried that in a salon you’d kick everyone else off the dance floor.
That’s exactly what my friend said: if you were at a milonga and suddenly threw your partner around your head a la Katya and Adam, you’d concuss half the people in the room!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Will pay millions for both a really romantic waltz and a filthy AT from J&J 😂

I’ve says before that I worry they are both holding back from being in hold for either avoidance of the strictly curse rumours or because they are two men & they worry how it’ll go down. Or potentially a bit of both.

I imagine they’ll do a decent Charleston, John can really move!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The history of Argentine tango is that
men learned to be followers before they learned to be leaders and men danced together to learn before they were good enough to dance with women so I really hope they do an AT that shows this off.

Reactions: 10
Lovely to see Flavia again, her and Vincent were firm favourites on Strictly, in our house.
:love:

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The history of Argentine tango is that
men learned to be followers before they learned to be leaders and men danced together to learn before they were good enough to dance with women so I really hope they do an AT that shows this off.
There was an early professional dance with Vincent and Flavia which had some examples of this. It was amazing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.