Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was watching some Strictly dances from 4 or 5 years ago on youtube last night and it struck me how much better the production values were, the staging, the lighting, the costumes and the music . No comparison to todays offerings :(

Reactions: 15
Ugo probably headed for the exit door this week with Rumba. As predicted, he got a slower style but Rumba for men rarely gets votes or scores and I think TPTB want him out to avoid any further injuries.

Reactions: 14
Ugo probably headed for the exit door this week with Rumba. As predicted, he got a slower style but Rumba for men rarely gets votes or scores and I think TPTB want him out to avoid any further injuries.
Yep, I was thinking that. Good excuse to bring out the old 'it's just so difficult for the men' card so he's near the bottom of the leaderboard

Reactions: 6
Tom gives out a strong asexual vibe to me. Looks like somebody who would wear marvel comic boxer shorts 🤢 don’t want to see him doing any sexy dance moves with the equally sexless Amy.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Grease Night in the States last night, would rather that theme was left there.

Did Aljaž teach and choreograph this DWTS Quickstep? Felt like something we'd see from him with gapping throughout the entire number! And the celeb is apparently an ex professional dancer:

• Wow
Reactions: 2
That’s three rumbas this season already - I don’t think we had more than one last year.
Someone on ITT said it was an optional dance they had to request to do. Which brings up a whole can of worms about request dances - didn’t know that was a thing.

Reactions: 6
That’s three rumbas this season already - I don’t think we had more than one last year.
Someone on ITT said it was an optional dance they had to request to do. Which brings up a whole can of worms about request dances - didn’t know that was a thing.
I don't think you have to request it, but you can easily opt out of it. Kevin was saying it was one he usually chose not to do as it is basically not worth it as it's hard to make an impact and easy to go wrong. I thought Adam's one was fine if a bit underwhelming, but it is talked about like Ed Balls/Gangnam Style, and got the same marks as Greg's samba atrocity!

Reactions: 2
I think the lighting on Strictly is phenomenal. My dad is a retired theatre lighting director & he watches Strictly ‘just for the lights’ 🤣 in fact, he watches a lot of live TV & bangs on about the lighting 😂

I only really started watching in 2017 so can’t comment much on how it’s changed. But I blooming love everything about Strictly because it’s fun & uplifting. I don’t take it so seriously, I don’t care if it’s inconsistently marked or there are ringers or Motsi doesn’t say much. I love the sparkle, love the dancing, love the pros. It cheers me right up!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Genuine question and I really don’t offend anyone by asking this. Obviously they’ve got a Charleston this week so never much in the way of hold but does anyone think John and Johannes are doing less hold in dances you’d expect them to because they’re worried it won’t be so popular with the viewers? Or could it just be a case that they think John is better out of hold?

I am in no doubt there will still be many a viewer who thinks there shouldn’t be same sex couples on Strictly so I’m wondering if they’re trying to err on the side of caution a bit

• Sad
Reactions: 12
If John and Johannes did a proper filth rumba or Argentine tango there would be a section of the media and population that would complain. Sad but true. They are playing safe.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
If John and Johannes did a proper filth rumba or Argentine tango there would be a section of the media and population that would complain. Sad but true. They are playing safe.
Oh heck I hope the 2 of them get a chance at a proper Argentine tango. They'd be Ah-may-zing! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14
WEEK 5 DANCES

AJ and Kai: Argentine Tango to Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks

Judi and Graziano: Cha Cha Cha to Physical by Olivia Newton-John

Rose and Giovanni: Viennese Waltz to Fallin' by Alicia Keys

Sara and Aljaž: Rumba to You're Still The One by Shania Twain

Tilly and Nikita: Foxtrot to Little Things by One Direction

Adam and Katya: Samba to Faith by George Michael

Dan and Nadiya: Viennese Waltz to She's Always a Woman by Billy Joel

John and Johannes: Charleston to Milord by Édith Piaf

Rhys and Nancy: American Smooth to I've Got The World On a String by Michael Bublé

Tom and Amy: Salsa to Watermelon Sugar by Harry Styles

Ugo and Oti: Rumba to Leave The Door Open by Bruno Mars, Anderson .Paak and Silk Sonic
no quickStep so far this season?

Genuine question and I really don’t offend anyone by asking this. Obviously they’ve got a Charleston this week so never much in the way of hold but does anyone think John and Johannes are doing less hold in dances you’d expect them to because they’re worried it won’t be so popular with the viewers? Or could it just be a case that they think John is better out of hold?

I am in no doubt there will still be many a viewer who thinks there shouldn’t be same sex couples on Strictly so I’m wondering if they’re trying to err on the side of caution a bit
I dunno cos their tango was in hold and as far as I'm concerned that was their best dance. Plus the pros dance with the same sex couples showed that it can be done well!

Reactions: 12
Reminiscing about rumbas past - got to Kara and Artems. And Argentine tangos, Rachel and Vincent still one of the best.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.