Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh. Please no Ore and Joanne. Never have a pair been so smug and never has there been such bloody favourites. DANNY MAC SHOULD HAVE WON and I know I bring it up a lot, but I am not over it!
I’m not over it either! 😭😭😭😭😭😭

I also have insider knowledge that ‘never danced before’ Ore did indeed have lessons prior to the show.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I think the brash red is quite ageing on Dianne now, plus the roots just get wider and wider. I can't even imagine what the upkeep of it is doing to her hair. I agree - she would look so lovely with a deep brown or even a honey brown tone.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/04/...obia-gender-critical-peep-show-janice-turner/ re Robert's comments - he's a TERF supporter
Her hair was quite dark many years before she started Strictly. I think she suits being a brunette. The red is now so awful and far too long. Being a hairdresser, it doesnt look as if its in top condition

Reactions: 6
I remember this because it was the same week that Danny and Oti produced an exquisite AS that should have had a perfect score and then they ended up in the dance-off (against Claudia who did a brilliant QS) while Ore sailed through to the final 😒

Danny and Oti’s AS was absolutely gorgeous. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Her hair was quite dark many years before she started Strictly. I think she suits being a brunette. The red is now so awful and far too long. Being a hairdresser, it doesnt look as if its in top condition
The extensions do look a bit straggly. I wonder if she's a bit sick of it now but Strictly wanted her to keep the red - it must be knackering having to keep on top of bleaching, dyeing and caring for extensions.

Reactions: 7
The extensions do look a bit straggly. I wonder if she's a bit sick of it now but Strictly wanted her to keep the red - it must be knackering having to keep on top of bleaching, dyeing and caring for extensions.
The extensions look a right mess this time, definitely straggly. I wondered too if Strictly wanted her hair back red as the orange was so washed out at times 😬

Reactions: 3
The producers might be ‘persuading’ her to keep it that colour as her ‘USP’. I know Aliona was annoyed at being made to change hair colour as they wanted more variety of hair shades amongst the female pros (I’d imagine no such request was made of the male pros 🙄), and in her first year Joanne was asked to dye her blonde hair darker as TPTB felt there were already too many blonde female pros that year (Kristina, Iveta, Ola, Natalie).

Reactions: 8
Ugh. Please no Ore and Joanne. Never have a pair been so smug and never has there been such bloody favourites. DANNY MAC SHOULD HAVE WON and I know I bring it up a lot, but I am not over it!
Danny Mac was the best dancer the show has ever seen and Danny and Oti produced so many sublime routines. They were robbed and I will never not be angry about it!

Ore’s tears, the weekly “never danced before” spiel and them crowning him the next Gene Kelly was infuriating.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Danny Mac was the best dancer the show has ever seen and Danny and Oti produced so many sublime routines. They were robbed and I will never not be angry about it!

Ore’s tears, the weekly “never danced before” spiel and them crowning him the next Gene Kelly was infuriating.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Honestly the whole Ore debacle put me off the whole show, and I don’t think it’s helped that there hasn’t been a genuinely brilliant winner since. Joe was a “meh” winner and then bloody Stacey and smug twit Kevin were pushed like Ore was. Kelvin and Bill were ok but rubbish seeing Oti win with them and not Danny! I miss the winners like Jay, Harry, Caroline, Alesha, Abi!

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
It genuinely put me off the whole show, and I don’t think it’s helped that there hasn’t been a genuinely brilliant winner since. Joe was a “meh” winner and then bloody Stacey and smug twit Kevin were pushed like Ore was. Kelvin and Bill were ok but rubbish seeing Oti win with them and not Danny! I miss the winners like Jay, Harry, Caroline, Alesha, Abi!

Have to agree! The past 3 winners have been predictable and boring imo. Stacey was the pushed female winner, Kelvin was predicted since his first dance and Bill pretty much was the same given his likeability.

Reactions: 10
Have the Strictly singers ever not murdered a song??
I don't get why they can't just do instrumental?

Christ alive...😬 it's impossible to take your eyes off 👀😂😂
As a distraction technique...it certainly worked well!

I stopped watching that year as I couldn't deal with the constant tears from Ore!! 🙄
I couldn’t deal with ore full stop! #dannywozrobbed

Reactions: 8
Christ, they didn’t sing it any better that time either, did they?

I appear to have completely blocked that from memory - couldn’t bear Ore or Joanne so that’s probably why. 😬

On the subject of ‘starfishing in a catsuit’ as a distraction technique, anyone who watches this and claims they paid a micro-second of attention to anything Andrew Castle did is a barefaced liar! 😆

Which is why she wore it :)

Reactions: 1
Uh-oh, it's about that time in the evening for me to fall into a Danny Mac youtube rabbit hole and watch the best week one dance ever

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
It genuinely put me off the whole show, and I don’t think it’s helped that there hasn’t been a genuinely brilliant winner since. Joe was a “meh” winner and then bloody Stacey and smug twit Kevin were pushed like Ore was. Kelvin and Bill were ok but rubbish seeing Oti win with them and not Danny! I miss the winners like Jay, Harry, Caroline, Alesha, Abi!
Agreed. Contestants like Danny don’t come along all that often but I am hopeful this series could finally deliver an exciting winner rather than someone who’s obvious from week one (Kelvin) or overhyped (Stacey).

I wonder what would have happened if Danny hadn’t messed up the QS in the final. Would that have been enough for him to win or did Ore’s showdance make him unstoppable? I didn’t like Ore and Joanne but they did nail the showdance (one of the few couples who ever have IMO).

@aimzalicious I have visited this Danny/Oti playlist far too many times over the years:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Uh-oh, it's about that time in the evening for me to fall into a Danny Mac youtube rabbit hole and watch the best week one dance ever

Ha I’ve just been down that rabbit hole! His quickstep, Charleston and samba are just incredible!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Agreed. Contestants like Danny don’t come along all that often but I am hopeful this series could finally deliver an exciting winner rather than someone who’s obvious from week one (Kelvin) or overhyped (Stacey).

I wonder what would have happened if Danny hadn’t messed up the QS in the final. Would that have been enough for him to win or did Ore’s showdance make him unstoppable? I didn’t like Ore and Joanne but they did nail the showdance (one of the few couples who ever have IMO).
It was really hard to beat!

Speaking of the Strictly team repeating songs, I swear they've done Cuba by Gibson Brothers a few times - Rose and Gio are doing it this week and I remember Jay & Aliona doing their amazing salsa to it at Blackpool and after a quick Google, Chris Holins and Ola did their salsa to it as well! Pick a new song plzzzz

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.