Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not a fan of couples choice so early on in the competition, I have to say
It doesn't make sense - they've danced once. I can understand it when we've got to know the contestant and their partnership but how about letting them actually do some of the basic dances first?

Reactions: 20
Couple's choice already :rolleyes:

Seems like Rose is the only one to have to do 2 latin dances in a row. I really hope they keep it more balanced than they did last year.

Ugh Good 4 U is such a tit song choice for a jive :cautious: I wish they'd stop prioritising a desperation to stay young and 'relevant' over quality routines.

Excited to see the first charleston though! I think it will suit Tilly and Nikita in a cute way.

Reactions: 8
Argghh, American Smooth in week 1 is bad enough, but to follow that with Couple's Choice in week 2, it's going to be week 3 before Greg does some standard ballroom or latin 😩
I'd happily see the Salsa dropped from the show, and it's too early for the Charleston, bring back the days when everyone did a standard ballroom and latin as their first two dances :cautious:

Reactions: 16
It doesn't make sense - they've danced once. I can understand it when we've got to know the contestant and their partnership but how about letting them actually do some of the basic dances first?
It's such a waste! It's supposed to be a chance to put in cool tricks and different moves that don't fit into the other dances once they've developed their skills. Instead it's gonna be basic and just an excuse to not have to do any real technical choreo.

To be fair a week 1 samba when there’s two weeks to learn and no elimination is probably some pros dream come true given how many sambas eliminate couples/leave them in the dance off. Charleston’s aren’t too bad tbh it’s another that’s nice to get out of the way earlier when there’s more contestants and a bit more leg room for little errors.

Some good music choices this week . Glad to get good for you out of the way early on so it’s pretty forgettable. It was very obvious it would come up so rather now than the Blackpool/semi finals etc

Reactions: 7
Charleston Week 2
Samba week 1

isn’t this setting everyone up to fail?

I miss week 1 waltz or a cha cha
I think those with the samba last week must’ve breathed a sigh of relief that they couldn’t be eliminated on it. Charleston, I think that should be for later on too - call me old fashioned but get a few of the bread and butter dances out the way and maybe ‘earn’ the right to do a Charleston.

It was me who asked what Robert Webb had said - apologies, I don’t know why it didn’t occur to me that it was something really controversial 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
I think couples choice week 2 will not be good for Greg. It might lose him votes, it's bad enough he has Karen as his partner.

Reactions: 3
Ah Kevin from Clifton needs Strictly after all. Though I was pretty pissed off to see him on ITT

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Couple's choice already :rolleyes:

Seems like Rose is the only one to have to do 2 latin dances in a row. I really hope they keep it more balanced than they did last year.

Ugh Good 4 U is such a tit song choice for a jive :cautious: I wish they'd stop prioritising a desperation to stay young and 'relevant' over quality routines.

Excited to see the first charleston though! I think it will suit Tilly and Nikita in a cute way.
ok as a Gorka fan I’m going to say this anyway but I feel like they always give him the more modern songs that aren’t really well known by the strictly audience. I thought this last year too and now he’s had Griff and Olivia Rodrigo. Not exactly a good song to get the dramatics of the tango (although they did a good job because his choreography is always really good) and good 4 u won’t have the same fun vibe a jibe normally has. Compare it to something like Jailhouse rock for example it’s like night and day.

Reactions: 9
Kevin Clifton has been cast in war of the world uk tour. That seems to be the place where average musical talent c list celebs go

Reactions: 1
I think couples choice week 2 will not be good for Greg. It might lose him votes, it's bad enough he has Karen as his partner.
Nah, couples choice is always pretty much a free pass into the next week. I’ve heard that he might be dedicating it to his late sister which will probably see him sail through as well.

Reactions: 2
ok as a Gorka fan I’m going to say this anyway but I feel like they always give him the more modern songs that aren’t really well known by the strictly audience. I thought this last year too and now he’s had Griff and Olivia Rodrigo. Not exactly a good song to get the dramatics of the tango (although they did a good job because his choreography is always really good) and good 4 u won’t have the same fun vibe a jibe normally has. Compare it to something like Jailhouse rock for example it’s like night and day.
I kind of agree, but I'm quite happy with Good 4 U as a jive as it's pretty popular (I was sure they would give it to someone as a jive song this year). Though it would be nice for him to get a decent classic song at some point

Reactions: 1
I kind of agree, but I'm quite happy with Good 4 U as a jive as it's pretty popular (I was sure they would give it to someone as a jive song this year). Though it would be nice for him to get a decent classic song at some point
I might eat my words and it could be amazing and I hope it is. I just don’t think I’ve ever gotten over the samba to shape of you. 🤣

Reactions: 4
I like Dianne's hair; it reminds me of the Little Mermaid.

I do wonder about the condition of her hair being bleached constantly but she's not going to have it forever...

I might eat my words and it could be amazing and I hope it is. I just don’t think I’ve ever gotten over the samba to shape of you. 🤣
And the salsa with Maisie to that Meghan Trainor song 😅
I mean compare that to the samba they did with proper latin music!

Yes! And they even had Into the Unknown one of the lesser known Disney films and the tango to Midnight sky! Compare that to the tango he did with Alexandra Burke! I can’t remember what the music was but it was incredible!

Reactions: 2
They do have a weird choice of tracks. I’m in my mid fifties and perhaps not their target audience as I listen to alternative music ( the sort 6music plays) and haven’t a clue what is Chart music these days. I did enjoy Bill’s use of Metallica last year!

Reactions: 6
Urgh, I hated that Meghan Trainor song! It was so insipid. I thought the band might salsa it up a bit to suit the dance more. But no, of course not 😆

Although I felt the same about Midnight Sky when Gorka had that for Maisie's tango and they somehow made it work

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.