Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

No idea if I've done that correctly!

But How adorable are Rose and Gio, šŸ˜
and omg how annoying is creepy Neil!!??šŸ¤®
I had missed this on Instagram. I love Oti, she is hilarious, and Aljaz, just loads on nonsense but so positive. Gio and Rose was lovely. I can't stand Neil either, he is so irritating.

Oh ffs,

kevin is the new Ian šŸ˜«
At least Zoe is gone šŸ˜‚
Absolutely gutted at Kevin being the new Ian, although he managed to not piss me off too much last night. And I loved him taking the piss out of Shirley.
I might just have to skip the Janette episodes though, I really find her difficult to watch.

Iā€™m sorry but Kai is hot as duck, iā€™ve tried to deny it for weeks but iā€™ve come to terms with it now šŸ¤£ If thereā€™s going to be any shagging this year I think it will be him and AJ (if they are both single that is)
I love Kai, I saw him dance in Giovanni's tour a few years ago and he was great. He has a cheeky chap attitude, loves to wink at the camera, but doesn't annoy me in the way Kevin Clifton does. Perhaps because he seems natural and Kevin does everything for show,

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I had missed this on Instagram. I love Oti, she is hilarious, and Aljaz, just loads on nonsense but so positive. Gio and Rose was lovely. I can't stand Neil either, he is so irritating.

Absolutely gutted at Kevin being the new Ian, although he managed to not piss me off too much last night. And I loved him taking the piss out of Shirley.
I might just have to skip the Janette episodes though, I really find her difficult to watch.
Some of these are actually quite funny šŸ˜„ except Neil I mean "grannies knickers?!?"
What was that meant to mean?? šŸ¤”šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Nadiya is adorable in that clip. I have always been a bit in love with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Even as a 17-year-old he looks about 40!
He was 16 in that clip. The BGT auditions are usually filmed in January so would have turned 17 later in the year

But he does look a lot older than 16 and his dance partner looked older than 15. Even the judges were shocked when they said their ages

Reactions: 4
Some of these are actually quite funny šŸ˜„ except Neil I mean "grannies knickers?!?"
I'm guessing those are the names they've given the moves. Swinging your granny's knickers round your head? Bizarre.

Nadiya is adorable in that clip. I have always been a bit in love with her.
Sheā€™s an absolute queen. Loved her since she joined the show and iā€™m so happy she is finally getting to show a bit of her personality! Who would have thought Dan Walker would be the one to bring her out of her shell šŸ¤£

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Sadly I think now that itā€™s known that the BBC are releasing these, certain pros are going to try their damnedest to come up with ā€˜hilariousā€™ terminology in order to ram home what a tremendously fun person they are.

Reactions: 12
Sheā€™s an absolute queen. Loved her since she joined the show and iā€™m so happy she is finally getting to show a bit of her personality! Who would have thought Dan Walker would be the one to bring her out of her shell šŸ¤£
Right? I'm loving Dan in the clips too - he seems to be having the time of his life and they have a lovely dynamic. I honestly thought he'd be a boring duffer so what a nice surprise.

I think the brash red is quite ageing on Dianne now, plus the roots just get wider and wider. I can't even imagine what the upkeep of it is doing to her hair. I agree - she would look so lovely with a deep brown or even a honey brown tone.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/04/...obia-gender-critical-peep-show-janice-turner/ re Robert's comments - he's a TERF supporter
He's not a "terf" supporter he simply doesn't agree with one organisation group's methods..

Reactions: 11
He's not a "terf" supporter he simply doesn't agree with one organisation group's methods..
He is a TERF supporter, he references terfy mc terf-face Julie Bindel and has called himself a "gender critical feminist", which is what they all say.

This isn't a place for any sort of debate though - I was merely answering a poster who asked about Robert's comments. It's good that they have a balance of two very difficult articles about it now!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Sadly I think now that itā€™s known that the BBC are releasing these, certain pros are going to try their damnedest to come up with ā€˜hilariousā€™ terminology in order to ram home what a tremendously fun person they are.
Omg this. I used to enjoy them at first but now it's just certain pros showboating for attention as per

Reactions: 5
He is a TERF supporter, he references terfy mc terf-face Julie Bindel and has called himself a "gender critical feminist", which is what they all say.

This isn't a place for any sort of debate though - I was merely answering a poster who asked about Robert's comments. It's good that they have a balance of two very difficult articles about it now!
He has said he's GC because he was a very non-conforming little boy, and he's bisexual (although now in a straight marriage with kids) and he feels like orgs like Mermaids (if they'd got their hands on him) with their 'born in the wrong body' rubbish would have sent him down a very limiting and medicalised path.

I love how flamboyant the dance was, and my daughter was straight on her Alexa playing Ra Ra Rasputin (she'd never heard it before)

Reactions: 13
He has said he's GC because he was a very non-conforming little boy, and he's bisexual (although now in a straight marriage with kids) and he feels like orgs like Mermaids (if they'd got their hands on him) with their 'born in the wrong body' rubbish would have sent him down a very limiting and medicalised path.

I love how flamboyant the dance was, and my daughter was straight on her Alexa playing Ra Ra Rasputin (she'd never heard it before)
I was referring more to the transphobic articles he's linked to than his personal views.

Reactions: 2
I was referring more to the transphobic articles he's linked to than his personal views.
I know RW in a roundabout way (friend of a friend). As a child he was very Gender non conforming. As a teen slept with men and women. (a brother and sister which is even funnier). He is absolutely entitled to express an opinion about how he feels his life may have been influenced by massive organisations like Mermaids and Stonewall as a boy who liked to wear dresses. He is not transphobic. I've also seen him share articles about retaining single sex spaces for women, which I think is wonderful.

I don't think you'll have any evidence to support your claims of him being transphobic (mainly as the word 'transphobia' is thrown around so much its virtually meaningless nowadays) given that he's made thought the background checks to the BBC's premium primetime show 'Strictly Come Dancing'

Surely if the Beeb had any real concerns he wouldn't have a place would he?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I know RW in a roundabout way (friend of a friend). As a child he was very Gender non conforming. As a teen slept with men and women. (a brother and sister which is even funnier). He is absolutely entitled to express an opinion about how he feels his life may have been influenced by massive organisations like Mermaids and Stonewall as a boy who liked to wear dresses. He is not transphobic. I've also seen him share articles about retaining single sex spaces for women, which I think is wonderful.

I don't think you'll have any evidence to support your claims of him being transphobic (mainly as the word 'transphobia' is thrown around so much its virtually meaningless nowadays) given that he's made thought the background checks to the BBC's premium primetime show 'Strictly Come Dancing'

Surely if the Beeb had any real concerns he wouldn't have a place would he?
Why don't we just agree to disagree on this, it was clear from you saying "'born in the wrong body' rubbish" that we have opposing views here. Nobody has said Robert shouldn't be on the show for his views.

Back to Strictly - it's Tuesday, do they announce the dances today?

AJ & Kai: Foxtrot to ā€œTears Dry On Their Ownā€ by Amy Winehouse
Judi & Graziano: Samba to ā€œGet Busyā€ by Sean Paul
Katie & Gorka: Jive to ā€œGood 4 Uā€ by Olivia Rodrigo
Nina & Neil: Tango to ā€œWould I Lie To You?ā€ by Eurythmics
Rose & Giovanni: Salsa to ā€œCubaā€ by The Gibson Brothers
Tilly & Nikita: Charleston to ā€œYes Sir! Thatā€™s My Babyā€ by Firehouse Five Plus Two
Sara & Aljaž: Foxtrot to ā€œDream A Little Dream Of Meā€ by Cass Elliot
John & Johannes: Cha Cha to ā€œStarstruckā€ by Years & Years
Adam & Katya: Quickstep to ā€œAre You Gonna Be My Girlā€ by Jet
Rhys & Nancy: Cha-Cha-Cha to ā€œReach Out, Iā€™ll Be Thereā€ by Human Nature
Dan & Nadiya: Paso Doble to ā€œGiantā€ by Calvin Harris and Rag N Boneman
Greg & Karen: Coupleā€™s Choice to ā€œIf You Could Read My Mindā€ by Ultra NatĆ©, Amber, Jocelyn Enriquez
Robert & Dianne: Tango to ā€œLa Cumparsitaā€ by Machiko Ozawa
Ugo & Oti: Quickstep to ā€œBring Me Sunshineā€ by The Jive Aces

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Judi and Graz doing the Samba to Sean Paul Get Busy?! Love that song, can't wait for this šŸ˜‚

Couples Choice in week 2 though? :cautious:

• Sad
Charleston Week 2
Samba week 1

isnā€™t this setting everyone up to fail?

I miss week 1 waltz or a cha cha

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.