Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #3 And so it begins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel bad for Karen. I just want her to get a proper ringer with a big fanbase who she can really showcase technical choreo on and not end up in the dance off every week. I love Chris and Jamie but they weren't exactly the next Fred Astaire. Not sure what to expect from Greg but he already seems quite marmite with people on here absolutely loving him or thinking he's a weirdo. As much as I'm delighted Nancy finally has a partner, it would've been nice for Karen to have an almost obvious ringer for a change. It's weird how she's been in the final/semi-final a few times but seems like we haven't even scraped the surface of technical routines with her.

Reactions: 11
Is it just me that doesn’t like Karen? I find her so annoying!! I haven’t actually watched the launch yet but probably will do on catch up and skip through the filler bits.

Reactions: 13
Is it just me that doesn’t like Karen? I find her so annoying!! I haven’t actually watched the launch yet but probably will do on catch up and skip through the filler bits.
I’m not a fan either tbh, she’s a bit full on for me (in a Jannette type way!) I would put Charles Venn in the ringer category but she has had her fair share of not great partners to be fair.

Reactions: 1
I think Karen is good with the comedy type partners but I personally don't think she has the choreography skills to do a proper contender justice, her focus always seems to be on the 'fun' dances and seldom ever decent ballroom/latin. That works with Chris & Jamie but I don't think someone like Kelvin Fletcher would have done nearly as well with her for example.

Reactions: 10
Some people might find the condom thing funny but it’s not in reality. Like others said it’s just plan disrespectful towards Karen and the other girls. So many of them have to put up with some pretty horrendous abuse this time of year for simply doing their job. Imagine if it was an professional office setting. It really wouldn’t fly there so why should it get a free pass here.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I do like Karen - she always seems to get on with her partners and gets the best out of them based on what they can do. She's dedicated to fitness, clearly loves her dogs and seems like a genuinely nice person. I also think she is probably the best pro at capturing a character in dance, which is where her strength might be with Greg.

I appreciate pros are marmite though, and that's fine.

Reactions: 16
I actually like Greg as a person (never watched Bake Off- can’t speak to that) but whenever I’ve read interviews with him, I thought he seemed like a levelheaded; decent person. I also think he’s really attractive so that’s a plus 🤣

But, on the launch show and their VT, he kicked off an air of “I don’t want to be here”… and that’s fine, but then don’t do the show! Maybe it’s nerves and hopefully him and Karen do well.

Reactions: 5
Honestly, I didn't get those vibes from him that he didn't want to be there. He didn't seem like the sort of person to rant and rave and be exuberant with joy, but he didn't seem to me like he'd rather be somewhere else.

I've haven't seen him interviewed or on Bake Off or anywhere else but he came across to me as more introverted with a dry humour and a dash of wickedness. Time will tell, of course!

Reactions: 7
I wish they’d scrap the Sunday show and have two shows with a break in between on Saturdays they’ve forever complaining about spoilers so just announce the dance off results live. Unless I like the band/singer I rarely watch on a Sunday because I look for the spoilers.

Reactions: 23
I never used to like Karen that much but once she split from Kevin, I took to her a bit more

I’m not a fan either tbh, she’s a bit full on for me (in a Jannette type way!) I would put Charles Venn in the ringer category but she has had her fair share of not great partners to be fair.
Im not a fan of Janette at all, more so after she flouted the Covid rules back in December and nipped back home to holiday with her family in Disneyland 😡

Reactions: 15
I agree I took to Karen a lot more once she spilt from Kevin.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Yes both Karen & Janette annoyed the hell out of me.....especially the votes opened segment with Claudia. Always front & centre acting like idiots. Too OTT.
I wonder what Janette will be like on It Takes Two...

Reactions: 8
Yes both Karen & Janette annoyed the hell out of me.....especially the votes opened segment with Claudia. Always front & centre acting like idiots. Too OTT.
I wonder what Janette will be like on It Takes Two...
She will be like cat who got the cream

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.