Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #3 And so it begins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jeez what do Dianne and Nadiya have to do to a ringer with some full on dance experience from the producers on this show??? Even Nancy and Neil have had ringers now?

Anyway well done to Amy, Giovanni and Nancy for getting to the final this year...

Reactions: 11
I’ve got to say that tattle is the only place I’ve seen any overwhelming negativity towards Tom. Everywhere else he seems to be topping the popularity polls already so I can’t see him going anywhere any time soon, sorry.
I dont really know much about him, but he and his wife seem very smug! But they must have a fanbase.

Yes wasn't it to pay his or her Mum for childcare?
I suppose *technically* they were allowed to apply for it (were they? I'm not sure of the rules) but morally indefensible when they must be multimillionaires.
The furlough money is technically to pay for someone who cannot work due to the pandemic. Getting the taxpayer to pay her because she doesnt have to look after the grandchildren is taking the pee. He had a McDonalds franchise for his books soon after. If his mum was hard up, he could have bunged her a few quid from that!

Reactions: 17
I dont really know much about him, but he and his wife seem very smug! But they must have a fanbase.
I also don’t really know anything about him. I just find it interesting that a majority of people on here seems to have such passionate feelings about him that I don’t really see anywhere else

Reactions: 1
I also don’t really know anything about him. I just find it interesting that a majority of people on here seems to have such passionate feelings about him that I don’t really see anywhere else
Oh. I’ve seen similar comments before. Would be excellent if he gave a good account of himself - dance wise and personally.

Reactions: 1
Tom Fletcher will go far, whether we like him or not. McFly are doing a tour at the same time so it will be a constant reminder to the fans every night to vote for him.

Mcfly are only on tour for the rest of September (so that's only the first 2 weeks of the competition and the first week no one gets eliminated) then only one date in November however I do agree that the fanbase could get him up to a certain point alone. Him, his wife, his bandmates and celebrity friends will be hammering social media every week for the votes. :cautious:

Reactions: 8
Just watched the launch show, looking forward to watching along with you all from next week.

Reactions: 5
I’ve got to say that tattle is the only place I’ve seen any overwhelming negativity towards Tom. Everywhere else he seems to be topping the popularity polls already so I can’t see him going anywhere any time soon, sorry.
I also read The Guardian postalong which is entertaining and they have a dim view of Tom, but competely love Amy which I don't get.
They also are very funny about AJ Pritchard seething silently at home after his leaving 'for new things' 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Mcfly are only on tour for the rest of September (so that's only the first 2 weeks of the competition and the first week no one gets eliminated) then only one date in November however I do agree that the fanbase could get him up to a certain point alone. Him, his wife, his bandmates and celebrity friends will be hammering social media every week for the votes. :cautious:
The McFly fanbase was instrumental in getting Giovanna the win on IAC. My eldest daughter is a huge McFly fan and she said that the fans were all over it. So I can only imagine how they’ll be for Tom. I can’t imagine him being a terrible dancer either.

Reactions: 6
Just realised I'm out the next two Saturdays so won't be able to watch live - quite rude of my boyfriend to have his birthday during strictly season 🙄😂

• Haha
They did exactly the same for his wife when she was on IACeleb, they were never off social media especially her brother who was in Towie or some such programme so it is going to become a popularity contest not a dancing competition. I honestly hope he falls flat on his face, literally

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It has been pointed out on DS that in Rhys and Nancy's promo shot Nancy is wearing the outfit she wore in her 2019 photo, and it looks like she's been photoshopped in. I had ruled her out as the pro with Covid as she had posted a story of her dancing shoes, but she could have done that to throw people off 🤔

Attachments

Reactions: 9
Can’t stand Tom from McFly, convinced he’s done this to try and prove he’s move popular than his wife or whatever. Seems to need the validation.

The McFly fanbase was instrumental in getting Giovanna the win on IAC. My eldest daughter is a huge McFly fan and she said that the fans were all over it. So I can only imagine how they’ll be for Tom. I can’t imagine him being a terrible dancer either.
Plus Harry has previously won Strictly (I didn’t watch it at the time but I’m sure the fan base helped) and Dougie won IAC the same year. Their fan base is not to be underestimated (I used to be part of it). 🤣

Reactions: 7
Eating my words a bit but I’m actually loving the partnerships now I’ve finally seen the show!
Rose & Giovanni seem really sweet and I’m sure they’re both up for the challenge. John & Johannes are FIRE together - hoping they’ll be good.
I’m so glad Graziano has a partner, I really like him as a pro and I don’t get the general dislike of him? Judi Love seems popular too so I hope they do well.
So excited to get started properly!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Does Strictly start next Saturday? Why are they not doing the 3 week gap between the launch and live shows this year? Not complaining, it'll be interesting to see the difference in quality.

I don’t think there’s a particular reason for no longer having the gap in episodes between the launch and the first dance. The launch is always a prerecorded episode so to be honest it doesn’t make much difference in my opinion. Saves the bbc the effort of finding a repeat to air in its place 😂😂

The only downside is there’s the risk of more spoilers because whilst they do exist they are generally easily avoided. But pap shots can be a harder to avoid.

Reactions: 4
Does Strictly start next Saturday? Why are they not doing the 3 week gap between the launch and live shows this year? Not complaining, it'll be interesting to see the difference in quality.
Yeah first live show next Saturday, 7pm

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.