Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #3 And so it begins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everyone is partnered up and they all appear happy. Even poor Nina who has obviously annoyed someone at the Beeb.
Anyway Keeeeeep dancin'!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
All in all I was quite impressed with the celebrities. Aside from TF and possibly Greg Wise I think they were all very likeable.

Reactions: 11
I hope Karen brings out the fun side of Greg. He comes across a bit stuck up and pompous which is a shame because he seems like he’d be lovely.

Reactions: 16
All in all I was quite impressed with the celebrities. Aside from TF and possibly Greg Wise I think they were all very likeable.
Yes I like all the ones I remember ( don't know who the blonde Gemma Collins lookalike was) apart from Tom. I loved Rose, and it was so interesting having her explain how deaf people hear music. I really hope she goes far. My kids are supporting Rhys because of cbbc so one of my votes will always have to go to him! He seems like a good dancer, but may lose out in the end because of the 'journey'. Robert Webb has had heart surgery since his flashback performance so I wonder if he will be more cautious because of that?

Reactions: 6
The Fletchers dishonesty claimed furlough money (and ended up returning it/donating it due to backlash? I need to check the facts there). Grabby people.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
The Fletchers dishonesty claimed furlough money (and ended up returning it/donating it due to backlash? I need to check the facts there). Grabby people.
Yes wasn't it to pay his or her Mum for childcare?
I suppose *technically* they were allowed to apply for it (were they? I'm not sure of the rules) but morally indefensible when they must be multimillionaires.

Reactions: 24
I hope Karen brings out the fun side of Greg. He comes across a bit stuck up and pompous which is a shame because he seems like he’d be lovely.
I didn't think Greg was stuck up at all. He seemed lovely and fun (making jokes about the jam, joking about his reggae dance moves).

Reactions: 30
The added bonus of Tom being paired with Amy is that it means I only need to leave the room once and I can avoid them both 🤣

Gio still looking fabulous 🥵

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I want to like Tom as I do like the old mcfly music and I used to watch the Fletchers on YouTube back in the day but the whole ‘we’re a quirky musical artsy family🤪🤪’ schtick is so off putting. And the fact he so blatantly had to promote his tour and books after 2 minutes of being on screen already makes the experience seem inauthentic and that he’s only there for exposure. No doubt him and Giovanna are pushing for some sort of couples gig when he inevitably does well/wins this. The total opposite to the lovely Harry Judd who was so shy and humble and genuinely fell in love with ballroom dancing over the weeks. Dougie and Danny seem great too and I’d much rather see them on Strictly. I wish he’d drop the whole ‘cute dad who writes children’s books’ act because being in such a nostalgic and genuinely good band is probably the most cool thing about him.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Yes I like all the ones I remember ( don't know who the blonde Gemma Collins lookalike was) apart from Tom. I loved Rose, and it was so interesting having her explain how deaf people hear music. I really hope she goes far. My kids are supporting Rhys because of cbbc so one of my votes will always have to go to him! He seems like a good dancer, but may lose out in the end because of the 'journey'. Robert Webb has had heart surgery since his flashback performance so I wonder if he will be more cautious because of that?
The blonde one is Sara Davies from Dragons Den. I remember her when she used to be on the crafting channel.

Reactions: 7
There could be some surprisingly good dancers this year, nina looks like she might be one of them
I'm excited to see what Nancy can do now that she has a partner 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 16
You would think it was Strictly's first 3-person dance team this year with the amount of times Tom Fletchers wife has tried to include herself in all the hype. Between sharing photos with Amy, uploading supportive stories and popping up in the background of all his stories like his shadow.. I keep having to check which Fletcher it is thats competing.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I think it was a good launch show and there is lots of promise.

Now let us pray really hard that the singers and the costumes don't let the side down.

Please, please let the music suit the dances and let the songs be in comfortable keys for the singers vocal ranges
and please let there be nice costumes.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm surprised Nancy got given such a contender for her first partnership. Rhys is already annoying me but I think I'll at least enjoy watching him dance.
Still can't warm to Nadiya. She never seems to have much of a rapport with her partners either. She's quite cold/aloof and seems like she doesn't really wanna be there. Maybe she's just more of an introvert but that isn't really great for strictly and is probably partly why she and her partners never do very well.

I didn't think Greg was stuck up at all. He seemed lovely and fun (making jokes about the jam, joking about his reggae dance moves).
Yeah and the 'back when I was young and lovely' made me laugh haha

Reactions: 9
Nancy was probably supposed be partnered last year but ended up being benched because of the reduced cast. So I wonder if getting a contender is a way of making it up to her. Just hope she’s a good teacher.

Reactions: 6
Tom Fletcher will go far, whether we like him or not. McFly are doing a tour at the same time so it will be a constant reminder to the fans every night to vote for him.

Reactions: 14
Ahh so excited Strictly is back! I've not warmed to the celebs as much as I did with the ones last year but hopefully they'll surprise me. Can't wait to see Johannes again and so happy Graziano has a partner this year 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’ve got to say that tattle is the only place I’ve seen any overwhelming negativity towards Tom. Everywhere else he seems to be topping the popularity polls already so I can’t see him going anywhere any time soon, sorry.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.