Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #3 And so it begins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching the French show (working on my French skills) - they seem to have remade the set to look like The Voice. The judges even have buzzers (though they don't actually sound during the dance).

Reactions: 1
Tbh most pairings had been leaked which rendered the launch pretty pointless. It also went on far too long imo so I can see why people would watch on catch up and skip through bits. It had far too much unnecessary waffle. Think the launch needs a rethink for next year.

Reactions: 12
Tbh most pairings had been leaked which rendered the launch pretty pointless. It also went on far too long imo so I can see why people would watch on catch up and skip through bits. It had far too much unnecessary waffle. Think the launch needs a rethink for next year.
They have the right format of meeting the celebs (no more of them finding out in the studio please) but it's just dragged out too long. Not quite sure what they could do to change it though.

Reactions: 4

I saw this on TikTok and thought people hear might appreciate it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
They have the right format of meeting the celebs (no more of them finding out in the studio please) but it's just dragged out too long. Not quite sure what they could do to change it though.
The show needs to be live. That way nothing gets leaked either from spoiler pages or the paparazzi lurking at the studios used (especially those who are London based because it’s generally the same studios used every year). The on location VTs can get in the bin too. Just film them meeting each other in a dance studio on the Thursday when they’re the finalising the first group dance. What was the point in dragging Gorka up a bloody tower block to just point out where the old corrie set was. Just seemed so unnecessary 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Tbh I wouldn't be sad if there wasn't a launch show. I don't really see the point of a two hour show for them finding out their partners - just introduce them as a partnership on the show where they do their first dance. Meeting them can in be the VT plus the introductory bit and a little waffle about training.

Reactions: 22
I think they could definitely reformat strictly to make it less content heavy. I honestly wouldn't mind reverting back to the whole thing being done on a Saturday, they just add to many bits and pieces in now which drags it all out. I never bother watching the Sunday night results show and dance off, too boring for a piece of information I can see in 30 seconds on twitter.

Reactions: 21
There’s far too much filler content these days. There’s absolutely no need for the results show to be 45/50 minutes long, it’s 30 minutes max and even that’s a stretch.

Reactions: 25
Hey!! Just plonking myself here 😂
So at the moment my favourites are Rose & Gio - I’d like to see her do well as my mum is partly deaf.
Tom is also already annoying me too!

Reactions: 17
I think they should announce who they are paired with on the first live show, like the celeb is waiting in the dance studio and the pro walks in then they show you a quick bit of them rehearsing and then straight to the live dance.

I think they should announce who they are paired with on the first live show, like the celeb is waiting in the dance studio and the pro walks in then they show you a quick bit of them rehearsing and then straight to the live dance.
DWTS does that and it's a bit pointless because there is no pre-series promotion. It's difficult for the media to give it much coverage. Also worth noting that all of the pairings would likely get leaked (DWTS are under the pretence that their pairings are secret and being revealed tonight but I've known all 15 for 3 weeks).

I don't understand the hate for Greg. Thought he was really charming.

Tom just reminds me of Kevin from Grimsby.....he prob thinks he's won already.
I was prepared to give Greg the benefit of the doubt but after hearing him on Radio 2 talking to Zoe Ball this morning, he can get in the bin for me. I thought he had no manners and was patronising to Zoe (not ironic, if that's what he intended). I also don't think it was funny that his missus has given him some condoms in preparation for the "Strictly Curse" - it's just insulting to his pro dancer.

I'm not normally a moody mare but have had s sense of humour failure with this dude. Greg if you want the money or the exposure that Strictly brings - you signed up for it so play the game - nicely !!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
I was prepared to give Greg the benefit of the doubt but after hearing him on Radio 2 talking to Zoe Ball this morning, he can get in the bin for me. I thought he had no manners and was patronising to Zoe (not ironic, if that's what he intended). I also don't think it was funny that his missus has given him some condoms in preparation for the "Strictly Curse" - it's just insulting to his pro dancer.

I'm not normally a moody mare but have had s sense of humour failure with this dude. Greg if you want the money or the exposure that Strictly brings - you signed up for it so play the game - nicely !!
Well the condom thing was clearly a joke at the expense of the Curse nonsense! She obviously hasn't done that. Fair enough if you don't like him, that is your right, but it feels reading these threads that often people just look for reasons to dislike..

Reactions: 7
Problem with Greg is he came across as a knob on bake off, so he does have form.

I agree though that the condom is just a joke and a very Emma thing to do. I found it funny personally

Reactions: 8
I mean...even as a joke, the condom thing is pretty gross and disrespectful to Karen. I'd be mortified.

Greg looked as stiff as a board with a face fit for a funeral while Pro dancer Karen posed him like a lifeless mannequin.

Let's hope he's a quick learner.

greg.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.