Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #3 And so it begins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sigh. Having the vaccine massively reduces your chances of both getting and transmitting the virus. Higher vaccine rates means lower transmission all round. It's quite simple.
Right, so why are they worried if they've had it? It's exact my point

Reactions: 6
With every article/discussion I find on the vaccine situation, my excitement for the series starting diminishes further. Politics & current affairs are my area of expertise but I watch Strictly specifically to tune out from that world.

Reactions: 7
The BBC could’ve made it a contract requirement and got some replacements in to take over from the ones that chose not to be vaccinated … money talks and they’d have swiftly changed their minds

I’m guessing these have been jabbed
Gorka - his life is here now and I think Gemma was one of IG “look at me, I’ve been jabbed” stories
Janette and Aljaz, she’s the new bbc 2 host and will want to go back to Miami to see family
Diane - No way will her homeland be letting people from pommie land in without jabs
Oti - she gets a lot of favouritism and jobs
All the newbies and Nancy - they need work
Amy - think she’s becoming the new Kevin Clifton - you know, the home grown sweetheart so gotta keep people on side

my guess on the non vaccined
Pervicci
the one that snogged the tit comedian - but then again, her time was cut short last year due to covid positive testing
Johannes
Gios double jabbed - he said it in a hello interview the other day
E34B13D4-4290-42C2-9655-1DD3ABE0F720.jpeg

My vote is Nadiya

• Angry
Reactions: 11
I enjoyed the dance fusion week, Pasha and Kimberley Walsh’s cha cha chaaaaa/tango to Its Raining Men was fab

Who’s Pervicci?
Don't remember this week at all but wow, this routine is great. They should definitely bring it back. Would've been ideal last series when there were less weeks in the competition.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Gios double jabbed - he said it in a hello interview the other dayView attachment 776412

My vote is Nadiya
Also Gio said back in Feb that he’d happily get the vaccine:

So it was being raised back then…the BBC should have got this sorted ages ago. I don’t think it’s in pro contracts that they definitely get partnered with a celeb.

Don't remember this week at all but wow, this routine is great. They should definitely bring it back. Would've been ideal last series when there were less weeks in the competition.
It was back in 2012 and they got the big 4-0 for it.

I don’t get why they haven’t done it since then although I can’t remember any of the other ones so they were maybe all shocking 😂

Reactions: 1
We know it’s not Gio, Gorka and Karen then, and I’d imagine Amy was jabbed early due to being clinically vulnerable. Actually that’s what really annoys me, I know a clinically vulnerable person who has been double jabbed and has still ended up in hospital. However the jab made the difference between them living and dying. They are very unwell but would be in a coffin now had they not had the vaccine. Why are some people so self absorbed that they can’t see the bigger picture and its not all about them?

Reactions: 16
I don’t want this to be become a Covid thread we have enough of these, but the vaccine issue is massively overshadowing the series and will continue to do this until the BBC perhaps make a statement saying they are not going to comment on individuals. I’m double jabbed , but certainly not keen on getting a regular booster for every variant! The unvaccinated dancers are well within their rights not to have it, but this should have all been addressed pre contract.

Reactions: 17
I loved it when Shirley couldn't work the scoring ipad, I was on to my mum going that's you!!! I love Halloween week, not fussed about musical week, movie week quite good, Blackpool does my head in, they go on about it so much!

I wondered if fail were hinting at alijaz with their pictures for today's article?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Right, so why are they worried if they've had it? It's exact my point
The point is that the unvaccinated person has a much higher risk of getting and therefore transmitting the virus! The vaxxed pros and celebs and crew are quite well protected, but we know it's not 100% (especially for those who are immunosuppressed like Amy). So the unvaxxed are putting *both* themselves and the vaxxed at risk. This is why the UK is still in the mess it's in..

Reactions: 15
Can't wait for the show to start so we can comment on the dances..
Just realised it continues this Saturday. They used to do launch show and then a month of practice before the competition.

Reactions: 3
The point is that the unvaccinated person has a much higher risk of getting and therefore transmitting the virus! The vaxxed pros and celebs and crew are quite well protected, but we know it's not 100% (especially for those who are immunosuppressed like Amy). So the unvaxxed are putting *both* themselves and the vaxxed at risk. This is why the UK is still in the mess it's in..
Why do people think that not getting the vaccine and being reckless go hand in hand. You can still wear a mask, wash hands, keep a safe distance etc and not be vaccinated. Doesn't mean you go around breathing on everyone. No one had the vaccine last year!

Excited to see Rose’s jive. Can’t imagine that’s an easy one for her to start on! Really rooting for her.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.