Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #3 And so it begins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tom and Amy could surprise us all. All that time touring together, the two vanilla ones you'd never suspect...

Haha, yeah right!
No touring as he has a bad throat and it was only for a few gigs anyway, not like it was a major tour.

Reactions: 1
I’m not a huge strictly fan but isn’t it strange that Tom is touring whilst training? Surely that’s going to be detrimental to him. Maybe needs to pay back that furlough money

Reactions: 6
I’m not a huge strictly fan but isn’t it strange that Tom is touring whilst training? Surely that’s going to be detrimental to him. Maybe needs to pay back that furlough money
hes only touring till the end of this month and 1 date in november; but yes he should pay back that furlough money.

Reactions: 5
Most people only get the front few done but they usually whiten the others first so they’ll match once in. Especially if you have a really wide smile like that

Finally, a sensible post! We know that you can still get Covid/test positive even if you've been fully vaccinated, so the only people they're putting at risk is themselves. Not to mention that some of the black or Asian pros/celebs may feel uncomfortable having the vaccine given historical events (whether this is justified or not is up for debate but it can't be ignored given the much lower vaccination rates for these groups generally).
Exactly this it’s crazy the way people are being almost forced to have jabs or be shamed. Work places and media wouldn’t and are not allowed be able to discuss or disclose any of their other medical history so why is vaccinated or not allowed.

For the record I have had both but don’t think anyone should be forced into it or potentially lose work or be outed for the public to have their say.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
By all means refuse the vaccination, but that should also waive rights to nhs care if you then get covid and need treatment. I think it's appalling these dancers aren't vaccinated.
Would you say the same for people who choose to smoke/are obese/etc.? And again waiving rights to NHS care for the unvaccinated would disproportionately affect those from black and Asian backgrounds - which would be racial discrimination...

Either way I am looking forward to the show on Saturday :)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I don't live in the UK so can't watch live. Does anyone know how quickly the shows usually go up on iPlayer?

SHOWMANCE

Johannes and John - they’ve argued already

they’ll play the pork sword fighting game to make up

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I used to love Halloween ones (actually I still get excited about them) but they started to scrape the barrel for Halloween connections.
I think I prefer the movies, more scope.
I hate the Blackpool ones, especially as they start to use "backing" dancers go help fill the floor

Reactions: 3
They went through a phase of having loads of theme weeks a while back when Sir Brucie was still hosting. There was Around the World, Decades, Dance Fusion and also Wembley week where they went to Wembley Arena because Children in Need was on in the same studio. Only Blackpool and Halloween have stuck but Dance Fusion was excellent and I’m surprised it didn’t come back. Strictly is the also the only version where they don’t do a partner swap week.

Reactions: 2
Does anybody miss the -athons? The last one I can remember is the Lindy Hop one which was a total free for all. They were always a bit of a mess and I think everybody just wanted the schadenfreude of seeing somebody knocked over.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.