Strictly come dancing 2021 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know that this is a bit controversial and as much as I love the John / Johannes partnership that dance would have been spectacular if it had been with a smaller, lighter more flexible woman, I’m finding the side by side stuff a bit samey now

I had to go back and look at the dress, I only had eyes for Pasha 😂

It is stunning. It’s painfully obvious the budget has been cut across the board but it’s their flagship Saturday night show so I’m not sure why. It doesn’t look like they’re paying the Pros any more so maybe it’s the contestant fees that have gone up 🤷🏻‍♀️
They could get rid of Gary Lineka and give us sequins 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I know that this is a bit controversial and as much as I love the John / Johannes partnership that dance would have been spectacular if it had been with a smaller, lighter more flexible woman, I’m finding the side by side stuff a bit samey now
I agree. At the start I thought it was really refreshing to see a same sex partnership of two good dancers -especially swapping the lead, but I think the difference between the male and female bodies and how they interact elevates the dance. Plus, as others have mentioned, the difference between the pro and the celeb is really obvious when they are the same sex.

Reactions: 7
I agree. At the start I thought it was really refreshing to see a same sex partnership of two good dancers -especially swapping the lead, but I think the difference between the male and female bodies and how they interact elevates the dance. Plus, as others have mentioned, the difference between the pro and the celeb is really obvious when they are the same sex.
I hope going forward they mix up the heights a bit for same sex couples. At first I thought J&J were the best match in that respect, but the fact they're a similar build seems to be hindering them a bit now

Reactions: 10
She did a jive for her first dance and she's done a salsa and samba as well so she has actually covered a pretty good range

Reactions: 3
Did they film the Christmas special today? I ask because Anton's in the local panto and I noticed there was no show today (there are also no shows on a Saturday while he's Strictlying!)

What is everyone thinking of Rylan going blond? I don’t think he suits it
I don't think it really works for him but I'm sure I read he was trying to go back to his natural colour?

Reactions: 1
Did they film the Christmas special today? I ask because Anton's in the local panto and I noticed there was no show today (there are also no shows on a Saturday while he's Strictlying!)

I don't think it really works for him but I'm sure I read he was trying to go back to his natural colour?
Yes! It was today they were filming I believe

Yeah they are/were

Think rehearsals were this morning and the actual recording is this evening so probably currently filming now.

Feeling justified with Kai on ITT confirming I was right he aborted the lift to stop AJ falling which makes it look worse but it's so much safer. It tends to be something dancers learn at the same time as learning the lifts in their teens.

Reactions: 11
Amy smashing the Strictly Pro Challenge and shooting to the top of the leader board! 💃

two.gif

• Sad
Feeling justified with Kai on ITT confirming I was right he aborted the lift to stop AJ falling which makes it look worse but it's so much safer. It tends to be something dancers learn at the same time as learning the lifts in their teens.
He's a pro and so knows how to do this, but I'm super impressed with how John managed to control his and Johannes' botched lift

Reactions: 10
I don’t know if it’s them being the same sex as much as Johannes isn’t dancing down to make John look good, he’s going big guns every time which makes John look rubbish which he isn’t! Whereas a lot of pros take on the task of making their celeb look good and themselves less so, it’s why we get so many ‘I couldn’t tell who was the pro’ comments IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
AJ and Kai on ITT. Yes I think they are a couple now and I don’t hate it - they seem a good match. I think the rumba could be very good - bring on the filth.

Reactions: 12
AJ and Kai on ITT. Yes I think they are a couple now and I don’t hate it - they seem a good match. I think the rumba could be very good - bring on the filth.
See, I watched and I really didn't see anything between them. I have seen a bit of chemistry before but today it was like Kai was not really into her other than being mates but AJ wanted more.

I say this as one of the only people here who doesn't fancy Kai so it's not wishful thinking, btw 😅

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.