Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
everyone looked absolutely knackered this week, didn't they? hope our last 4 make it through ok

it's also occured to me that now big d's gone, all the contestants left are younger than me and that has not happened before! 😱

Reactions: 6
everyone looked absolutely knackered this week, didn't they? hope our last 4 make it through ok

it's also occured to me that now big d's gone, all the contestants left are younger than me and that has not happened before! 😱
I always think the semi-final could well be the hardest week as they have two brand new dances to learn. Both the final two weeks are rough going, honestly

Reactions: 8
was this really the same lift they attempted last night? It looks SO different I assumed they’d changed it for the DO to avoid disaster again! How did she get it so wrong the first time around?
I thought it had been changed/simplified too, to a version of a lift they did earlier in the routine. It didn’t look like the same thing they attempted first time round.

Reactions: 24
was this really the same lift they attempted last night? It looks SO different I assumed they’d changed it for the DO to avoid disaster again! How did she get it so wrong the first time around?
From the first time it looks like they tried to do it using the wrong leg, which is why it went wrong. I don't know if Kai reallised and tried to make the best of it?

Reactions: 1
Marvin doesn't need this, he's being charitable to his mates.
Not sure that’s correct. The way Rochelle Hulmes dresses herself and her 3 children in Dior he probably does need the money. Did a gig with them a few years ago ( my sister was the caterer ) and they were all actually lovely especially Marvin ( pre Rochelle ). However the promoter never paid my sis the 3500 he owed her conveniently went broke

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I know many on here were ready for Dan to leave, and I agree that he was the weakest of those still in the competition, however I thought he came across as a thoroughly nice chap. Seemed very well liked by the others, and his speech seemed genuine. He appeared to have really enjoyed the experience. It was nice to see.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I thought it had been changed/simplified too, to a version of a lift they did earlier in the routine. It didn’t look like the same thing they attempted first time round.
If you look at the original one it is the same, it just went so wrong and she panicked and ended up round his neck. I am so so happy they got it right this time

If you look at the original one it is the same, it just went so wrong and she panicked and ended up round his neck. I am so so happy they got it right this time
Just seen I was right as posted above

Reactions: 3
Listen, i’m a huge fan of AJ but those people on DS are genuinely frightening. Refusing to admit that your favourite has had a bad dance is really odd to me? The salsa wasn’t horrendous but it was definitely one of her worst dancers she’s done. She definitely wasn’t undermarked last night, although I do think she has been in previous weeks.

I know AJ won’t win, it’s been obvious from day one that Rose will win and she will deserve it. I do enjoy watching Rose dance but she just doesn’t give me the same feeling AJ does, which is fine as everyone has their favourites 🤷🏻‍♀️ All I hope is that AJ gets to the final as imo it will be criminal if the final 3 is not her, John & Rose.
This is my thoughts too I really enjoy AJ and vote for her every week but there is no need to be obsessive worship and loosing all objectivity
AJ doesn't do as well with the party Latin and Kai need to rein in the outside choreographers a bit more, they all have weaknesses somewhere in the partnership.
My hope has always been that she makes the final, my ideal final 3, pretty much from week 1, has been AJ - John - Rose. Although all 4 of the semi-finalists are great dancers that have earned a place in the final it's such a shame it's a 3 person final.

Reactions: 8
If you look at the original one it is the same, it just went so wrong and she panicked and ended up round his neck.
🤣
If I ever find myself in an awkward situation I’m totally using that as my alibi.
“I really don’t know what happened Officer. One minute I was walking down the street minding my own business, and the next thing I knew, I panicked and ended up round his neck”.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Watch AJ's right leg spin anti clockwise from 6 to 9 in the correct lift.
In the botched version, her right leg got stuck in the 12 o'clock position and she didn't have the momentum to keep spinning, so her left leg swung around to straddle Kai instead.

comp.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
🤣
If I ever find myself in an awkward situation I’m totally using that as my alibi.
“I really don’t know what happened Officer. One minute I was walking down the street minding my own business, and the next thing I knew, I panicked and ended up round his neck”.
Well lets be honest, it’s dream place to wind up, but maybe not at the end of the quarter final dance :)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Watch AJ's right leg spin anti clockwise from 6 to 9 in the correct lift.
In the botched version, her leg got stuck in the 12 o'clock position and she didn't have the momentum to keep spinning, so her left leg swung around to straddle Kai.

View attachment 907514
Seeing it side by side... They did really duck it up! 🙈 I'm glad we got to see how it should've been!

Reactions: 13

I had forgotten how bad it was. It’s like watching a car crash in slow motion 😬
I haven't watched that in years I had forgot how young Matt was during this series! It's left me feeling nostalgic for the original judging panel even thought I know it's a rose tined glasses situation.

And Flavia's dress seemed rather sexy for a Foxtrot dress compared to now. I miss Flavia too.

Seeing it side by side... They did really duck it up! 🙈 I'm glad we got to see how it should've been!
I will be interested to hear what they say about it on ITT. I am curious to find out if Kai actually attempted to abort the lift hence why it looked so wrong but she didn't fall. She didn't complete the move due to Kai hand/arm position and him not giving her the boost to complete the move.
Dancers will often practice how to abandon a lift safely at the same time as learning it to avoid injuries.
She was so heavy when he did the step over bit I wonder if mentally he prepared himself to intervene in the lift if he felt she was running out of steam but somehow didn't manage to communicate it in time to AJ.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I was a bit underwhelmed by AJ’s lift in the end, I was expecting something more spectacular the way everyone went on about it.
Like a previous poster I also noticed how Kai had to remind AJ to commiserate with Dan & Nadiya, I think she’s becoming a bit obsessed with herself. Abbey Clancy did the same when she won, Tess had to tell her to stop screaming until she could interview the runners up.
AJ was my favourite from the start but I’ve actually gone off her a bit. Kai, of course, is nothing less than perfect 🥰

Reactions: 16
If we're talking Strictly couples. One of my fave ever couples was Vincent and Rachel (totally robbed by smugface Tom Chambers) but I was in a forum with Rachel's sister in law who said that Vincent was relentlessly persuing Rachel to the point of her fiance unable to go to the show as he wanted to beat the tit out of Vincent!

I was always surprised that she went on to do a Christmas Special with him, tbh

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.