Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
AJ does seem to stroke the romance flames but they do have chemistry. The rose and gio fans are a bit weird too they try to insinuate a romance between them. Its all a bit cult like over there
People saying AJ plays up to the rumours as if Gio hasn’t done the same with almost every partner he’s had since 2015. 😭

Reactions: 18
When have a couple on strictly ever revealed they were together while on the show though? It just doesn’t happen, and they aren’t going to deny it if they are together. The crying has been for valid reasons, I don’t really see the issue with people getting emotional. Strictly looks like great fun but it must be tough on these celebs at times.
As discussed earlier there have in fact been couples who’ve confirmed they’re dating during the show.
Imo her crying because her family couldn’t afford childhood dance lessons is not a valid reason to get so upset.
I think, compared to front line workers, carers, homeless, cancer sufferers etc, learning to dance isn’t tough whatsoever. These celebs choose to do the show & are paid very well for it. Perspective is needed here.

People saying AJ plays up to the rumours as if Gio hasn’t done the same with almost every partner he’s had since 2015. 😭
Absolutely. And it gets gossiped about every year, usually in a derogatory way. He has quite the reputation. AJ & Kai should either say nothing or just admit it.

Reactions: 2
I read AJ's crying about not having dance lessons as a duck you to all the people (ahem James Jordan) insisting that she has had them.

Reactions: 12
AJ does seem to stroke the romance flames but they do have chemistry. The rose and gio fans are a bit weird too they try to insinuate a romance between them. Its all a bit cult like over there
It would be utterly hysterical if they got to the final...riding the showmance, are they? will they/won't they? wave, then the show ends and Kai pulls a Gio! 😂 a pat on the bum, gushing sm post then zilch...
Imagine the hysterics on DS 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
If we're talking Strictly couples. One of my fave ever couples was Vincent and Rachel (totally robbed by smugface Tom Chambers) but I was in a forum with Rachel's sister in law who said that Vincent was relentlessly persuing Rachel to the point of her fiance unable to go to the show as he wanted to beat the tit out of Vincent!

I was always surprised that she went on to do a Christmas Special with him, tbh
this is EXCELLENT goss - thank you!

Reactions: 6
I read AJ's crying about not having dance lessons as a duck you to all the people (ahem James Jordan) insisting that she has had them.
Yes probably. I don’t think she had to drive it home about her family being so poor though. I’d feel a big tit if I was her mum!

Reactions: 7
It's not so much Rose that's pushing it simply by being deaf as the producers and everyone else mentioning it all the time in every VT, ITT interview and chat with Claudia. It was interesting at first to hear about how she adapted to the show but it's got a little bit tedious and she's good enough to not have to rely on that narrative.
She's not relying on it though...? It's literally part of who she is and a major part of her having to adapt to the show shows how deaf people need to adapt to everyday life 🤷‍♀️

As discussed earlier there have in fact been couples who’ve confirmed they’re dating during the show.
Imo her crying because her family couldn’t afford childhood dance lessons is not a valid reason to get so upset.
I think, compared to front line workers, carers, homeless, cancer sufferers etc, learning to dance isn’t tough whatsoever. These celebs choose to do the show & are paid very well for it. Perspective is needed here.

Absolutely. And it gets gossiped about every year, usually in a derogatory way. He has quite the reputation. AJ & Kai should either say nothing or just admit it.
I don’t see it like that at all but that’s your opinion which is fair enough. To me, growing up and not being able to afford pursuing something you really wanted to do is a valid reason to get emotional.

I think that’s a bit ridiculous if i’m honest, claiming someone can’t be upset over something because others have it harder? That’s not how it works…

Reactions: 21
It would be utterly hysterical if they got to the final...riding the showmance, are they? will they/won't they? wave, then the show ends and Kai pulls a Gio! 😂 a pat on the bum, gushing sm post then zilch...
Imagine the hysterics on DS 😂😂
That would be hilarious. I am nervous at what shipping hell the Gio/Rose AT will unleash next week. And the KJ rhumba. Ship wars will be dialled up to 11!

he really does. I don’t really believe he fancies rose. I think his fans would like him to fancy rose bc she’s the type of girl they think he should be with. remember the ranvir situation ffs

Reactions: 12
I don’t see it like that at all but that’s your opinion which is fair enough. To me, growing up and not being able to afford pursuing something you really wanted to do is a valid reason to get emotional.

I think that’s a bit ridiculous if i’m honest, claiming someone can’t be upset over something because others have it harder? That’s not how it works…
Millions of people didn’t get to do what they wanted as kids, me included. That’s life. At the end of the day, this a a fun dancing show, meant to be enjoyed. None of them have it tough in the grand scheme of things. I’ll save my sympathy for someone’s who’s really struggling.
I still want her to win. She just doesn’t need to resort to crying & speculation to get the votes, her natural talent should be enough.

Reactions: 4
he really does. I don’t really believe he fancies rose. I think his fans would like him to fancy rose bc she’s the type of girl they think he should be with. remember the ranvir situation ffs
I dont think Ranvir even liked him that much tbh

Reactions: 9
Millions of people didn’t get to do what they wanted as kids, me included. That’s life. At the end of the day, this a a fun dancing show, meant to be enjoyed. None of them have it tough in the grand scheme of things. I’ll save my sympathy for someone’s who’s really struggling.
I still want her to win. She just doesn’t need to resort to crying & speculation to get the votes, her natural talent should be enough.
Ok but millions of people aren’t on tv every saturday with the country watching, so we don’t hear about their struggles. Not sure why you are acting like this is a new thing as if strictly hasn’t been the same for the last decade.

Also, you don’t know if they are “really struggling” or not, whatever that means. We have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. People have done these types of shows before while dealing with private family illnesses and deaths, I don’t have an issue with people showing their emotions but if you do then fair enough 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 8
People want to believe the 'real' Gio is the sensitive nice guy who listens and puts his partner first (and some of that is clearly there). But the reality is more like instababes and licking Maura Higgins' face for the gram..
I remember someone saying that even when he was dating Ashley - who is stunning, obv - he would still add random girls on insta..

Reactions: 16
People want to believe the 'real' Gio is the sensitive nice guy who listens and puts his partner first (and some of that is clearly there). But the reality is more like instababes and licking Maura Higgins' face for the gram..
That’s what I was trying to word and kinda failed hahaha he loves an instabird does gio

Reactions: 4
Ok but millions of people aren’t on tv every saturday with the country watching, so we don’t hear about their struggles. Not sure why you are acting like this is a new thing as if strictly hasn’t been the same for the last decade.
The sob stories this year have been ridiculous & unnecessary imo. Do a fun VT & get on with the dancing, that’s why I watch it. It’s turning into the X-factor with all the tears & “journeys”. 🙄

Reactions: 15
It was definitely better than last night, but not a lot of actaul Salsa content?? Just looked like Kai throwing her about for 90 seconds!
After this and their CC... I fear for their show dance when if they make it to the final!
Yeah, I agree. I had to watch the results show on the iPlayer with the sound off (husband was watching the Grand Prix, which was messier than the end of both salsas last night 😂😂). With the sound off, AJ and Kai’s routine looked more like a Show Dance than a salsa

Glad to see AJs correction, still didn't like the routine and her shimmy arms need working on.
Kai calmed down this time.
The final lift, I was underwhelmed by it and it wasn't ever needed.

Dan's speech sweet, and his lobster dance classic instead of the usual awkward goodbye "what shall we do now" dances.

I love Strictly and I am excited for it to come back every year but does this series feel quite long or it is just me?! I enjoyed last night's dances but all the filler with the VTs and messages from home etc have reduced the show's quality for me. It is so great it is on and I know when it's over I will miss it but I feel like I have been watching it for ages!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.