Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there any way to see a repeat/clip of AJ's lift done correctly?
Bbc iplayer if you’re in the UK x

I can actually see how it was. AJ nailed the lift and had a more energetic routine but she was still quite messy. Dan was miles better than in the first show.

I still would save AJ though.

I don’t know how Dan has riled people so, he really isn’t that bad a dancer and is better than someone like Chris Ramsay who got to about the same place.
Oh totally agree he was better than Chris Ramsay, I really liked Chris but he got as far as he did because of his personality I think. I had voted for Dan in recent weeks too as I enjoyed his journey - I’m not against him but it was the right time for him to go now as the other 4 are miles better dancers

Reactions: 8
Bbc iplayer if you’re in the UK x

Oh totally agree he was better than Chris Ramsay, I really liked Chris but he got as far as he did because of his personality I think. I had voted for Dan in recent weeks too as I enjoyed his journey - I’m not against him but it was the right time for him to go now as the other 4 are miles better dancers
Sorry I didn’t mean you particularly but there has been a fair amount of anger at him the last few weeks but I didn’t see the same for Chris (who I also liked) and honestly he just is nowhere near as bad as some other past participants who actually did put out genuine end of series contenders!

it was his time to go though

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Marvin doesn't need this, he's being charitable to his mates.
Its like the bookers have gone 'who was in the charts 15 years ago? Oh yeah, jls, craig david, james blunt, westlife'

I thought Aston had been doing dance shows, one of them is a farmer
The other one is marvin and the other got cleared of rape snd his house burnt down.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
bye dan 👋 see you down endcliffe park picking up your dog's tit 😘
Glad he does clean up after his dog. ❤ Considerate dog owners. Actually thought aj was still not that great, though. Bad/hard routine? Seemed like she lost gusto at the end and got tired and messy.

Reactions: 4
Glad he does clean up after his dog. ❤ Considerate dog owners. Actually thought aj was still not that great, though. Bad/hard routine? Seemed like she lost gusto at the end and got tired and messy.
It was definitely better than last night, but not a lot of actaul Salsa content?? Just looked like Kai throwing her about for 90 seconds!
After this and their CC... I fear for their show dance when if they make it to the final!

Reactions: 6
Didn't like the pro dance and wtf were Neil and Dianne doing. Please use a couple of less try hard pros next week

SO HAPPY for AJ nailing the lift! She must have been bricking it

Not fussed about Dan either way, but I'm glad Nadiya had a great series. She's been unappreciated by the show a bit, and she's one of the best female pros they have imo ❤

Reactions: 15
Glad AJ got a chance to make it right.

Good for Dan making it this far, he has plenty to be proud of and I was never outraged at him making it far (remember Chris R, Ann, Ed all making it pretty far and they were worse) but this week was his limit IMO.

Can Nadiya finally get a frontrunner next year? Only good one was Davood, he was years ago and even if she doesn't win, I'd like her to get one final on her Strictly CV.

Reactions: 12
Even if AJ had messed up the lift again (thank God she didn't) - she still needed to go through. Her routine was packed with difficult content. I get that Dan has been on a 'journey' 🙄 etc etc but it gets to a point where it discredits the show when better dancers keep getting sent home instead of him.

Dan has written a nice summary on his Instagram, saying he’s had a great time and thanks many people. It seems he was well liked and popular with the public. I’m pleased AJ is through and after Rose is my fave but I’m not sure she will be lifting the glitter ball. Those long legs of hers are amazing. When her dancing is perfect they are an asset but highlight any errors too in a not so competent dance. Looking forward to the new two weeks.
Loved the group dance, Jowita giving Debbie Harry vibes. I’d like to see her with a partner next year.

Reactions: 13
Also, have started to find Gio very false at times? Still ❤ him and rose though. Just seems quite insincere at times or as if everything he does is for show.

It was definitely better than last night, but not a lot of actaul Salsa content?? Just looked like Kai throwing her about for 90 seconds!
After this and their CC... I fear for their show dance when if they make it to the final!
It was just not the content I expect of a quarter final 🤓 this series has been a bit tit hasn't it? Everyone is a little bit tit? Except Rose, I'm a diehard fan 🤣

Even if AJ had messed up the lift again (thank God she didn't) - she still needed to go through. Her routine was packed with difficult content. I get that Dan has been on a 'journey' 🙄 etc etc but it gets to a point where it discredits the show when better dancers keep getting sent home instead of him.
Im not a Dan fan, but to be fair to him he’s proved popular with the voters and he’s pulled off a couple of reasonable dances. Its not as though he’s stayed in the show while much better dancers have been voted off.
I could say that it discredits the show when a galloping donkey wins the glitterball, but then I remember it’s just a bit of telly 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Dan has written a nice summary on his Instagram, saying he’s had a great time and thanks many people. It seems he was well liked and popular with the public. I’m pleased AJ is through and after Rose is my fave but I’m not sure she will be lifting the glitter ball. Those long legs of hers are amazing. When her dancing is perfect they are an asset but highlight any errors too in a not so competent dance. Looking forward to the new two weeks.
Loved the group dance, Jowita giving Debbie Harry vibes. I’d like to see her with a partner next year.
I think this every week. Genuinely can not get over how amazingly long her legs are 🤣🤣

Reactions: 8
I think it works both ways. I’ve seen kai and Aj being accused of faking romance too (as if Gio doesn’t do that with his partner every year)
I do think both Gio and Rose are actors so are performing and know how to play the game.
I’ve no doubt they will win
I think there’s a big difference between using the “are they aren’t they” to their advantage (which it seems to plain that they are to me - or if they are involved, then they’re not hiding it) and people saying a person is pushing their disability to their advantage! What is she meant to do?

I said a couple of weeks ago that if Rose and Gio win, it’ll be because of who she is, not what she is. The rest of them can do with some of her humility - fair play, John and Johannes were pretty gracious but Rhys and Nancy out-screeching Amy and acting like they’d won, and AJ having to be reminded by Kai that she should offer commiserations to Dan and Nadiya.

I’m not 100% confident Rose will win, but I think it’ll be a travesty if she doesn’t.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.