Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rose looks so joyful when Cynthia signs - I wish some of the other judges would do it.

Nikita doesn’t talk about that much does he? It’s really a condition that must take a lot of work to manage as a professional dancer.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Rose looks so joyful when Cynthia signs - I wish some of the other judges would do it.

Nikita doesn’t talk about that much does he? It’s really a condition that must take a lot of work to manage as a professional dancer.
Yup it sure is. Real possibility that he could have a hypo whilst dancing live on the show

Reactions: 5
I agree. It would be nice to see the other judges making the effort. I doubt it would take too long for them to learn to sign ‘wonderful’ or ‘well done.’

Rylan did mention during his first interview with Rose that he’d learnt some sign language with Janette before the series started and Claudia said the same (though she learnt “the judges are horrid” which she hasn’t had to use).

Reactions: 10
Must be so hard to predict as well with the combination of exercise of dancing with stress of live shows.

Can't be doing with Rhys and all the crying. His eyes weren't even moist when he first started at the end of the dance. Don't know if he's doing it because he thinks he'll win sympathy? Either way he needs to lighten up! He must realise he's not gonna win!?

Cynthia can get in the bin and take Shirley with her. A 9 for Dan and an 8 for AJ??? Don't invite her back thank you very much.

Reactions: 18
Yea I'm not buying teary Rhys either, and forgive me but Nancy needs to give up on the acting and stick to the dancing: I find her massively insincere tbh.

I found tonight's show... not boring exactly, but unsatisfying. None of the dances were "spot on, amazing, I want to watch it again" material.

I voted for John, AJ and Rose.
I'll be disappointed if Dan doesn't go tonight. Failing that, I would be sad to see Tilly go but it'd be preferable to losing any of the others really.

Reactions: 19
I am gutted. Giovanni is dating Verity Bowditch from Made in Chelsea. I thought Rose had changed him. I guess he is a good actor.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Again with the bloody scoring 🤦🏼‍♀️🙄🤦🏼‍♀️ It’s so ridiculous that the judges mark the dances so differently. Just makes a total mockery of the whole thing - you can’t really believe they are “experts” if they can’t agree what a dance is worth. A point different maybe on personal taste but honestly 🙄

Reactions: 9
As a Church going Christian I haven't ever felt any hostility on this thread towards us, in fact during Halloween week there was a lot of support for Dan and Christians in general.
Up until a few years ago, I never realised Halloween was an issue for some Christians. It came to light one year when I held a halloween party and one of my daughters friends came. She wasn't in fancy dress and said she was not allowed to go trick or treating because she was a Christian. It was absolutely fine but that was the first time I had encountered it.

If I hadn't known Dan was a Christian I wouldn't have thought twice about him being dressed as a lobster and not a ghost tbh.

I say all this as someone raised Catholic.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9

I've fallen down another Gio(and Kai) rabbit hole!
Hadn't realised they'd run a marathon...
moment of appreciation for Gio's morning voice 😍

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Again with the bloody scoring 🤦🏼‍♀️🙄🤦🏼‍♀️ It’s so ridiculous that the judges mark the dances so differently. Just makes a total mockery of the whole thing - you can’t really believe they are “experts” if they can’t agree what a dance is worth. A point different maybe on personal taste but honestly 🙄
I can't fathom it out. The biggest discrepancies are usually between Craig and Shirley. It's quite bizarre. One of them is very wrong.

I'm quite liking Cynthia Erivo and her quiet, calm, manner. I'd never heard of her until last week.

Reactions: 13
The judges unanimously saved Rhys says Dave. Tilly had a good run. I'm not even surprised anymore that Dan is still in, but surely he'll be out next week?

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Up until a few years ago, I never realised Halloween was an issue for some Christians. It came to light one year when I held a halloween party and one of my daughters friends came. She wasn't in fancy dress and said she was not allowed to go trick or treating because she was a Christian. It was absolutely fine but that was the first time I had encountered it.

If I hadn't known Dan was a Christian I wouldn't have thought twice about him being dressed as a lobster and not a ghost tbh.

I say all this as someone raised Catholic.

It's more of a Evangelical Christian thing and even then there is a wide scale of NO WAY to people who will happily do Halloween. Dan is closer to the No way side of the scale.

I've fallen down another Gio(and Kai) rabbit hole!
Hadn't realised they'd run a marathon...
moment of appreciation for Gio's morning voice 😍
Even more impressively it was the Cancelled London marathon Gio was supposed to do, they decided to do it anyway and trained and did it off their own steam raising around 2k for charity.

Reactions: 17
The judges unanimously saved Rhys says Dave. Tilly had a good run. I'm not even surprised anymore that Dan is still in, but surely he'll be out next week?
I'm imagining the scenario where he wins? (He won't, Rose will, but I guess it's not out of the realm of possibility that he makes the final)

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.