Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some thoughts:

Cackling at the the thought of Mary Berry sitting down to watch Strictly and seeing she gave her approval to a filthy AT and not a chaste ballroom

John's was probably my favourite of the evening, but even then it wasn't a fantastic AT for me - same with the rest of them this series - too many big lifts and big moves and not enough intimacy (I know it was sexy, but I can't think of a better way to explain this, sorry! Just want more of a smaller, quieter sort of intimacy with AT sometimes). But I thought John did well

Wasn't feeling AJ's dance. The song is so sharp, but the dancing and choreography just didn't match it in that respect for me. Too many lifts slowing things down

I think Rose's dance was the most I felt her being moved about by Gio in a dance which felt off for a paso. Good but not great

Actually found myself voting for Rhys for the first time this series in spite of all the crying. I thought he did well but his facial expressions in hold 😬😬😬😬. He looked like he was in pain. Start enjoying yourself, Rhys

Dan. Torn between admiring the fact they didn't opt for a chaste best friend rumba and 😖😖😖😖 when I was watching it. Nadiya clearly enjoying herself though

Gorka thrusting with his 'open' sign made my evening 😍

Tilly's surely off home this week

Reactions: 17
Goodness me, can’t believe how fast the threads are going! Last year we only got to number 6!

Reactions: 3
I’ve only just been able to watch as was getting my nephew bathed and bottled for bed. Here are my thoughts.

Giovanni 🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵 sexy man. I liked it but did feel very lead by Gio. I liked some of the bits where she was on her own - they were my favorite bits I think. Not their best, not their worst. I love that for Rose though because she is having a journey too, she can do no wrong for me. Cynthia doing more signing in two weeks than anyone else has done is a disgrace - but I am so pleased that she has and it is so respectful.

Poor Dan’s wife watching him dance a rumba with such a beautiful women. Nadiya looked fabulous in that red dress and she is a fabulous dancer. It wasn’t bad. I liked the song choice for a rumba, a rumba isn’t very christian though 🤪. Dan for me, is the most improved in the competition and he does embody what Strictly is for me. He has had the “journey” that we expect to see

I loved parts of AJ and Kai’s couples choice, I liked the choreography and the melting of the different styles into the routine. I think maybe they could have done more with it though? Less lifts, more dancing. I would have loved more anyway. I agreed with Craig’s comments about her arms when she was turning. AJ looked absolutely STUNNING. Kai was doing things for me in that dance 😍😍😍

I liked Rhys’s dance, I like him doing more slow routines - I much prefer it. It was pretty and calm and elegant, but didn’t wow me. The staging and costumes were lovely - particularly Nancy’s dress. Craig getting all them boos was hilarious.

I liked the choreography for Tillys samba but it just felt awkward in bits, like she felt awkward in some bits and reliant on Nikita in bits and uncomfortable. Thought she could do better with it, maybe it was a confidence thing. I thought she looked really beautiful though in the face and hair. I think she will be in the dance off with Dan or Rhys.

The tango works well for two males but I thought it was all to compliment Johannes yet again and I wanted to see more of John. I really liked it as a routine but yet again, I wanted the roles reversed. It was very clear that he was the leader but some of the kicky bits of leg work I wanted to see John do 😂 Dramatic dances are definitely their strong point though. I think I would have loved it more if I’d seen more John, I think cos I have the same comments last few weeks have made me underwhelmed if that makes sense? The lifts could have been stronger too.

Where the hell was Amy?????? I thought that was unprofessional.

Some overmarking and odd comments tonight.

Reactions: 23
Some thoughts:

Cackling at the the thought of Mary Berry sitting down to watch Strictly and seeing she gave her approval to a filthy AT and not a chaste ballroom

John's was probably my favourite of the evening, but even then it wasn't a fantastic AT for me - same with the rest of them this series - too many big lifts and big moves and not enough intimacy (I know it was sexy, but I can't think of a better way to explain this, sorry! Just want more of a smaller, quieter sort of intimacy with AT sometimes). But I thought John did well

Wasn't feeling AJ's dance. The song is so sharp, but the dancing and choreography just didn't match it in that respect for me. Too many lifts slowing things down

I think Rose's dance was the most I felt her being moved about by Gio in a dance which felt off for a paso. Good but not great

Actually found myself voting for Rhys for the first time this series in spite of all the crying. I thought he did well but his facial expressions in hold 😬😬😬😬. He looked like he was in pain. Start enjoying yourself, Rhys

Dan. Torn between admiring the fact they didn't opt for a chaste best friend rumba and 😖😖😖😖 when I was watching it. Nadiya clearly enjoying herself though

Gorka thrusting with his 'open' sign made my evening 😍

Tilly's surely off home this week

I agree with all of your points!

Nothing was brilliant or perfect but I did feel John was the best. I still don't think we've seen a defining Argentine Tango but theirs had the smoulder, the power and the drive that it should have. I thought they were equals here. I really hope that it means John is back in the competition and ready to fight to the finals.

I was put off by how Rose was styled, to begin with. The look didn't suit her and I don't think the Paso they did was that strong. She is a beautiful dancer but the dance didn't have much attack... it just was, maybe a bit boring which a paso should not be.

AJ's CC disappointed me most. We talk about Johannes outdancing John but I felt Kai really, really, really outdanced her here. This felt more like she was the female pro showcasing a male celeb - she didn't do enough to shine. Did she look gorgeous and execute it well? Yes, but it didn't feel like "her" dance. Kai was good though, very sexy mover.

I tave a soft spot for Rhys. He reminds me of some of the boys I used to teach and I do think his emotions are genuine. I was touched by his waltz and thought he did a lovely job.

Dan was better than I thought he'd be, though I thought he'd be absolutely tit so it wasn't hard to challenge my expectations. He does have some nice elegant lines and wasn't as prudish as I thought he'd be. Not a total disahster, darling.

Tilly was okay. I think she's lovely, as is Nikita. She had some nice bounce and did keep going despite a couple of clunky bits.

Got to be between Tilly and Dan, really. If Rhys ends up the dance off against either of these, they're toast.

Reactions: 10

Nothing was brilliant or perfect but I did feel John was the best. I still don't think we've seen a defining Argentine Tango but theirs had the smoulder, the power and the drive that it should have. I thought they were equals here. I really hope that it means John is back in the competition and ready to fight to the finals.

I was put off by how Rose was styled, to begin with. The look didn't suit her and I don't think the Paso they did was that strong. She is a beautiful dancer but the dance didn't have much attack, it just was.

AJ's CC disappointed me most. We talk about Johannes outdancing John but I felt Kai really, really, really outdanced her here. This felt more like she was the female pro showcasing a male celeb - she didn't do enough to shine. Did she look gorgeous and execute it well? Yes, but it didn't feel like "her" dance. Kai was good though, very sexy mover.

I tave a soft spot for Rhys. He reminds me of some of the boys I used to teach and I do think his emotions are genuine. I was touched by his waltz and thought he did a lovely job.

Dan was better than I thought he'd be, though I thought he'd be absolutely tit so it wasn't hard to challenge my expectations. He does have some nice elegant lines and wasn't as prudish as I thought he'd be. Not a total disahster, darling.

Tilly was okay. I think she's lovely, as is Nikita. She had some nice bounce and did keep going despite a couple of clunky bits.

Got to be between Tilly and Dan, really. If Rhys ends up the dance off against either of these, they're toast.
Yes, I think you've hit the nail on the head about Kai and AJ and it not feeling like HER dance

Reactions: 4
Loved John and JoJo.
I really like Rhys too, not just because he got so emotional but he always get crappy comments and is actually a good dancer. It's gotta be Dan this week surely. I think he's hilarious but he is the weakest now.

Reactions: 9
How come we keep saying rumba isn't very Christian for Dan? I know he's religious but does that mean he can't b "sexy" (he isn't but he could have been trying). Just sensing a bit of hostility towards Christians :(

Reactions: 12

I was put off by how Rose was styled, to begin with. The look didn't suit her and I don't think the Paso they did was that strong. She is a beautiful dancer but the dance didn't have much attack... it just was, maybe a bit boring which a paso should not be.

I just rewatched everything as I felt I didn’t take them in properly. Aj’s dance improved with another watch - that backwards head move to the ‘damn!’ and then the flying leap…amazing!
Agree that John needed more moves ( the leg flicks - not sure of their proper name). Rhys was surprisingly good and Dan was still stiff as a board ( not in THAT way!!).

How come we keep saying rumba isn't very Christian for Dan? I know he's religious but does that mean he can't b "sexy" (he isn't but he could have been trying). Just sensing a bit of hostility towards Christians :(
Yes I agree! You’ve seen many of my comments and I’m a regular church goer! Doesn’t stop me appreciating good moves :)

Yes, I think you've hit the nail on the head about Kai and AJ and it not feeling like HER dance
But I couldn’t keep my eyes off AJ in that dance ( and her legs!), so not sure I agree really.

As a Church going Christian I haven't ever felt any hostility on this thread towards us, in fact during Halloween week there was a lot of support for Dan and Christians in general.

I just rewatched everything as I felt I didn’t take them in properly. Aj’s dance improved with another watch - that backwards head move to the ‘damn!’ and then the flying leap…amazing!
Agree that John needed more moves ( the leg flicks - not sure of their proper name). Rhys was surprisingly good and Dan was still stiff as a board ( not in THAT way!!).

Yes I agree! You’ve seen many of my comments and I’m a regular church goer! Doesn’t stop me appreciating good moves :)

But I couldn’t keep my eyes off AJ in that dance ( and her legs!), so not sure I agree really.
There was some really fantastic elements to AJ's dance I suspect the judges marked her down for now being too smooth in between the transitions which is fair enough but the heart of the issue was the choreography not being good enough (funnily enough same people did her Paso which also had a similar disjointed feel about it) and how much they butchered the song in editing it was basically the same line over and over again.
But still a fantastic performance from them.

J & J were great too I still feel Johannes needs to hold back on the dancing a little.

It felt a little like everyone was struggling tonight, which often happens at this stage they are all a bit exhausted. I expect the adrenalin will kick in by next week as they battle for semi final places.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
It's actually the first time Tess has annoyed me tonight. Normally her parts wash over me as they're just filler, like cheap Tesco Value white bread but she was a patronising cow tonight.

I really like Rhys too. I feel he is genuine. If someone can just get him to calm down he might be excellent.

Reactions: 13
I think we're just going to have to get used to couples choice including a sob story VT from now on
If it’s a genuine back story - like Greg’s dance for his sister - then I find it more bearable - and I have been known to shed a tear (Will Bayley ❤). AJ has what, 8 siblings so her not getting dance lessons isn’t really an obstacle. She seems really close to her family which is maybe why she got upset, I’m just so cynical because she only cried after she thought they were going to be in the bottom two

Does Nikita have diabetes? Noticed he has something on his arm that looks like the bm checker with your phone.

Reactions: 7
It's actually the first time Tess has annoyed me tonight. Normally her parts wash over me as they're just filler, like cheap Tesco Value white bread but she was a patronising cow tonight.

I really like Rhys too. I feel he is genuine. If someone can just get him to calm down he might be excellent.
I noticed tonight for the first time the awkward silences after she talks, the couples just don't have anything to say to her there just isn't much to say after "look at your little face" etc.

Reactions: 10
Or it could have been Amy 😅 though no way would she have spoilered herself

I noticed tonight for the first time the awkward silences after she talks, the couples just don't have anything to say to her there just isn't much to say after "look at your little face" etc.
It was absolute Cringetown FC when she said to Rhys "Are you crying, love?"

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.