Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haven't read through the thread as I don't want to see a spoiler or following comments but really enjoyed tonight's show. Tess looked gorgeous while Claudia obviously sold the caravan and kept the curtains. Why Motsi was wearing a dress made out of the sacrificed skins of site managers the world over is a mystery.

Singing was the usual shite, while Craig had properly seen his arse. Enjoyed the CC for the first time in ages but then I love Rose for her sweetness and sense of humour. Rhys did very well and I loved his dance. His energy/athleticism is incredible.
Just caught up on last nights show and totally agree with your post 👏🏻 Love Rhys and Rose and that's about it from last night

So happy Tilly was saved! Sure her quickstep wasn't the most memorable but she doesn't deserve to be in the bottom two. Plus I ADORE Nikita ♥

Reactions: 7
Think the SCD scoring is bad, think again - I saw that the Norwegian version had it's final last night and the judges gave everything a perfect score even though little of it actually came close to perfect score standard.

Reactions: 5
Think the SCD scoring is bad, think again - I saw that the Norwegian version had it's final last night and the judges gave everything a perfect score even though little of it actually came close to perfect score standard.
My niece who lives in America was here a while ago and we where watching SCD and she was amazed at how harsh the judges were and the fact they dished out a 3 or 4 (That was Craig obviously 😁 ) . She said they're never that harsh on DWTS.

Remember Donny and his over generous scoring and Alfonso Ribeiro was just as bad.

Reactions: 11
Right, but given how creative Gio is with his choreo I was surprised he did something that echoed an iconic dance so much. Anyway, it gave me an opportunity to revisit Caroline's dance which was lovely.
He didn't do the choreography.

Ash-leigh Hunter did it.

Reactions: 4
I didn't like Pasha and Caroline's contemporary either though I loved a lot of their other dances.
I only really enjoy it when it's highly trained, balletic, non-Strictly external pros executing it. I don't really enjoy the Strictly pros dancing it to the guest singer on Sunday either, they make it look childish, running about and jumping 😁

I think I find contemporary cringe in the way that many people find rumba cringe!
I love a good rumba but they're few and far between on Strictly these days. The older pros were better at teaching and choreographing them. James and Cheri Lunghi's was wonderful. Rachel and Vincent too from memory.

Honestly I think the calibre of the original and mid-series pros was better all round in terms of choreographing and teaching. They were brilliant at choreographing to their students' strengths and inserting dynamic bits of choreo to keep the momentum and drive going.

Lol at 'menace from Venice' and 'sleazer from Pisa' 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
No I agree. I find at times I haven't even noticed what John is doing. Johannes is mesmerising at times, but he's not meant to be dancing on his own!
Johannes is a wonderful dancer but needs to reign it in. It’s making John look more awkward than he really is. Jeanette was a culprit for out dancing her partner too.

Reactions: 18
Johannes is a wonderful dancer but needs to reign it in. It’s making John look more awkward than he really is. Jeanette was a culprit for out dancing her partner too.
Problem is good dancers don't necessarily make good teachers. It's not about 'you'

Reactions: 10
I didn't like Pasha and Caroline's contemporary either though I loved a lot of their other dances.
I only really enjoy it when it's highly trained, balletic, non-Strictly external pros executing it. I don't really enjoy the Strictly pros dancing it to the guest singer on Sunday either, they make it look childish, running about and jumping 😁

I think I find contemporary cringe in the way that many people find rumba cringe!
I love a good rumba but they're few and far between on Strictly these days. The older pros were better at teaching and choreographing them. James and Cheri Lunghi's was wonderful. Rachel and Vincent too from memory.

Honestly I think the calibre of the original and mid-series pros was better all round in terms of choreographing and teaching. They were brilliant at choreographing to their students' strengths and inserting dynamic bits of choreo to keep the momentum and drive going.

Lol at 'menace from Venice' and 'sleazer from Pisa' 🤣
I know what you mean about contemporary dance on SCD - it seems to consist 90% of one person trying to run away and the other person angrily/passionately pulling them back. I felt that way about Ashley and Pasha's one too, even though I sympathised with the backstory to hers.
The one that I remember/like is from DWTS: Derek and Kellie, mainly because of the incredible move halfway through:

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I'd like strictly to return to how it was before they added the X factor style pulling at the heart strings sob stories.
Rose is an inspiration already and doesn't need to be condescended to pull in votes.

Also strictly need to sort out the music too. Hardly any of the chosen tunes suit the dances.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I know what you mean about contemporary dance on SCD - it seems to consist 90% of one person trying to run away and the other person angrily/passionately pulling them back. I felt that way about Ashley and Pasha's one too, even though I sympathised with the backstory to hers.
The one that I remember/like is from DWTS: Derek and Kellie, mainly because of the incredible move halfway through:
Oh wow this is brilliant!

• Heart
Wow! That was incredible! Although more lyrical than contemporary imo.

A lyrical/contemporary/modern with Derek comes very close to my paso with Kai btw 🤭

I just don't like contemporary dancing, as said above up here, pulling, pushing, running, add constipated passion faces and foetal positions, sorry not for me.

But I'm excited tonight as no idea who could be under threat, anything goes

• Heart
Reactions: 6
A-MAZ-ING!!!

A-MAZ-ING!!!
I hadn't seen this before and don't recognise either of the names so I took a guess at which one was the professional dancer. Just checked, I was wrong🙈

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Right, but given how creative Gio is with his choreo I was surprised he did something that echoed an iconic dance so much. Anyway, it gave me an opportunity to revisit Caroline's dance which was lovely.
I’m not sure 100% but I think they have other choreographers come in for the couples choice?

Reactions: 2
I’m not sure 100% but I think they have other choreographers come in for the couples choice?
Yeah I read that Arduino Bertoncello and Ash-Leigh Hunter choreographed it so I take it back about Gio..

A-MAZ-ING!!!

I hadn't seen this before and don't recognise either of the names so I took a guess at which one was the professional dancer. Just checked, I was wrong🙈
She was incredible but I guess had had training. Derek strikes me as a bit of a dick but is an amazing dancer.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.