Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nicola is partnered with...Katya!!

This is a great partnership, Katya is a creative choreographer and proven vote-winner (none of her celebs have gone early), both things that are definitely necessary for the first same-sex pairing. And we've never seen Katya with an athlete either. I'm not sure about Nicola's dance abilities but I reckon that they will do quite well.

I did want her with HRVY as she's due a ringer so I hope that this leaves him with Dianne who has also never had someone with dance experience. I'm getting worried that Amy has him though, would hate to see her with a ringer yet again. Maybe he'll get Janette, they'd get on well but a possible waste of talent (Janette's been very lucky on this show for someone who doesn't have adequate ballroom ability) and it'll look like he's dancing with his auntie. This is a situation where they could do with hiring a female AJ.

I believe he is the first American guy.

Gary Busey won CBB a few years ago (was that public vote?) so it is possible that Jason could get votes. Regardless of nationality, Ashley was never getting votes anyway as a mega ringer and Michelle didn't appeal to the right demographic for SCD.
Yeah I'm really glad she has Katya as I think Katya is one of the more 'entertaining' choreographers out of the pros. However I do feel that after the whole Sean kiss gate scandal I think strictly are not going to be giving her a married/dating youngish guy for a while :ROFLMAO:

We'll just have to wait and see; if he is good I think he could get the votes but enough to take him to the final.......I'm not so sure. The strictly audience is more brutal than BB.

I think Janette may get HRVY; she's only had one ringer in Aston and this could be her last year to actually to get someone to the final before she leaves to start a family.

I think Dianne may get Max or maybe JJ; I've seen on the digital spy forums people think she may get Bill. I think Dianne deserves to get an actual ringer as she's never had one yet only a duffer in the Rev or 2 middlers in Joe and Dev.

There's no way Amy will get a ringer or the youngest boy as it would be a repeat of last year so HRVY is out. So far she's had duffer in Brian, a middler in Danny then a ringer in Karim. So she will either get a duffer or a middler, I see her with Jamie or JJ.

Yeah I'm really glad she has Katya as I think Katya is one of the more 'entertaining' choreographers out of the pros. However I do feel that after the whole Sean kiss gate scandal I think strictly are not going to be giving her a married/dating youngish guy for a while :ROFLMAO:
I think Dianne may get Max or maybe JJ; I've seen on the digital spy forums people think she may get Bill. I think Dianne deserves to get an actual ringer as she's never had one yet only a duffer in the Rev or 2 middlers in Joe and Dev.
Some on Digital Spy are saying that it's Dianne's turn for an oldie which makes me laugh given Oti & Janette's track record of celebs, neither have had anyone over 45 and both have done way more series than Dianne. I could see her with Max and agree that she's due an actual ringer. Joe for all that he was a finalist was really only a middler. And at least she's danced with the Rev who ability-wise, was all levels of terrible.

JJ feels like someone that they could give to Amy.

I just don't know if Janette really has what it takes in terms of ballroom ability to get the best out of her celeb which is why I preferred her with the likes of Dr. Ranj. I found her quite frustrating in the Jake & Aston years and even the one with Peter Andre.

Some on Digital Spy are saying that it's Dianne's turn for an oldie which makes me laugh given Oti & Janette's track record of celebs, neither have had anyone over 45 and both have done way more series than Dianne. I could see her with Max and agree that she's due an actual ringer. Joe for all that he was a finalist was really only a middler. And at least she's danced with the Rev who ability-wise, was all levels of terrible.

JJ feels like someone that they could give to Amy.

I just don't know if Janette really has what it takes in terms of ballroom ability to get the best out of her celeb which is why I preferred her with the likes of Dr. Ranj. I found her quite frustrating in the Jake & Aston years and even the one with Peter Andre.
I think some of the Digital spy lot have short term memories when it comes to the actual facts. :sneaky:

You're right Janette and Oti are due an old duffer.

The only thing about Max is I'm not sure if he actually fits into the actual 'ringer' category when you think about it maybe better off saying he is a middler. I think because he is young enough and a good looking guy from a boy band and being in a band where his bandmate won it before people will automatically think he is deffo a ringer contender. He may be like a Joe Sugg instead, no experience at dancing but given the right teacher he could pull off good enough dances to get through. He also may be like a Kelvin, good looking to get the ladies at home swooning and if he can get those hips moving then he's on to a sure thing but that can also be trouble because I don't think people would want a clone of last years winner winning it again. At least when Jay, Ore and Joe won it one after the other they were all different from each other. That's why a part of me would love for Dianne to get HRVY instead as from the moves he's done in his music videos (albeit hip hop) he does fit more categorically in the ringer box.

Janette's ballroom........well that's what you get when you hire a pro who is not ballroom trained. I mean Karim struggled with ballroom last year and he had Amy who is ballroom trained so if Janette got HRVY, god bless the lad.

I think some of the Digital spy lot have short term memories when it comes to the actual facts. :sneaky:

He also may be like a Kelvin, good looking to get the ladies at home swooning and if he can get those hips moving then he's on to a sure thing but that can also be trouble because I don't think people would want a clone of last years winner winning it again. At least when Jay, Ore and Joe won it one after the other they were all different from each other.
Most of the Strictly lot on Digital Spy are crazy. Thank goodness I no longer have an account there.

Harry Judd & Louis Smith won back to back and they were kinda similar. At the moment, I see Max as the most likely winner. I just think that Maisie & HRVY won't get the votes. Jury out on Jamie & Jason, they could go either way.

Maybe if Caroline is good, she could win? It would be interesting to see someone older win for a change. Difficult to predict except that I'm very confident that Jacqui Smith is 1st out and I see JJ Chalmers & Ranvir Singh as the 2nd and 3rd out in whatever order.

Harry Judd & Louis Smith won back to back and they were kinda similar. At the moment, I see Max as the most likely winner. I just think that Maisie & HRVY won't get the votes. Jury out on Jamie & Jason, they could go either way.
They seemed quite different to me, because I liked Harry in spite of Aliona, and only liked Louis because he was dancing with Flavia!

Difficult to predict except that I'm very confident that Jacqui Smith is 1st out and I see JJ Chalmers & Ranvir Singh as the 2nd and 3rd out in whatever order.
I'm with you on Jacqui. I think JJ might do better, depending on who he's with and whether he's musical enough. He's obviously fit and sporty, and I think his looks will appeal to a category of watchers too.

Most of the Strictly lot on Digital Spy are crazy. Thank goodness I no longer have an account there.

Maybe if Caroline is good, she could win? It would be interesting to see someone older win for a change. Difficult to predict except that I'm very confident that Jacqui Smith is 1st out and I see JJ Chalmers & Ranvir Singh as the 2nd and 3rd out in whatever order.
I check in on DS to see the gossip from time to time :sneaky:

Yeah Harry & Louis were sort of similar but I think Kelvin and Max seem even more similar. I think Maisie and Max seem to be the front runners so far; probably Maisie ahead of Max as she is a girl and a guy won it last year, and she is from a well loved soap and we know a lot of the viewers love a current actor from a soap in the final :p. The only thing I guess she has against her is dance experience so she could be like a Karim in that sense but if she is loveable enough she could be like a Stacey Dooley/Emma Barton.

The older person winning??? They would have to do a hell of a lot like really good dances like a Debbie Mcgee as well as being extremely likeable which I can see Caroline being so who knows she could get quite far as there are less contestants this year.

I think Jacqui, Bill and Ranvir seem to be first out candidates but who knows.

The first interviews are out:

I've just read this entire thread. Very excited to see the pairings.
AJ has just been announced for I'm a Celeb. Is that what he meant by Ant and Dec I wonder? Somehow I don't think so.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I've just read this entire thread. Very excited to see the pairings.
AJ has just been announced for I'm a Celeb. Is that what he meant by Ant and Dec I wonder? Somehow I don't think so.
Yeah I've just seen it

He really is severing his ties with strictly and the bbc isn't he :cautious:

Definitely will be voting for the other campmates :ROFLMAO:

I wish I was a fly on the wall during those discussions when AJ quit. What on earth went down for him to act the way he did?

The SCD statement for him leaving was hilarious - they couldn't hide their contempt.

I wish I was a fly on the wall during those discussions when AJ quit. What on earth went down for him to act the way he did?

The SCD statement for him leaving was hilarious - they couldn't hide their contempt.
Just plain big ego at work. He got big for his boots, had a big warm response in 2016 with Claudia then again with Mollie in 2017 with his showmance. Being a young good looking guy he got tv/modelling/influencing work then his own tours so I think it just inflated his ego.

I think being paired with Saffron last year he did think it was his year to finally get to the final then being eliminated the earliest he's ever gone out (which was a week before the quarter final which was not bad at all in competition terms) I think he just felt annoyed which is hardly strictly's fault then of course there was that really arrogant It Takes two exit interview :cautious:

I think he was definitely going to be on strictly this year (as it was announced along with the other pro's) as it was his main income then I think he probably had his agent and his family and Curtis along with his ego saying ''no you're better than this now you can do your own tours and your own tv appearances''. I think when corona hit and everything was cancelled I think his agents then probably put in the work for him to be on I'm a Celeb just so he can be on something and stay relevant.

Reactions: 6
I'm not sure about Max. I think he's probably going to be good but reckon he could be like another Dev. He seems pretty shy and quiet and to me seems to be a good contender for week 4 shock again.

They've not appeared yet but HRVY and Maisey are already annoying me. There's already been a story in the papers about their alleged flirting and can smell a showmance bullshit a mile off. I think they'll both be pretty good but feel they're both going to come across as arrogant and will alienate people.

I think Bill might be a dark horse. He's going to be really funny and I think he could be this year's Chris. I'm also really liking Jason. Whoever did his VT for twitter is a genius as he's come across really nice and funny.

Do you reckon Ant and Dec will be able to resist not mocking AJ on I'm a celeb about his "we want to be the new Ant and Dec" comments. Surely AJ has shown the worst judgement ever leaving strictly and it appears also crappy over the producers as he left. I still laugh at his leaving announcement

Reactions: 4
I'm not sure about Max. I think he's probably going to be good but reckon he could be like another Dev. He seems pretty shy and quiet and to me seems to be a good contender for week 4 shock again.

They've not appeared yet but HRVY and Maisey are already annoying me. There's already been a story in the papers about their alleged flirting and can smell a showmance bullshit a mile off. I think they'll both be pretty good but feel they're both going to come across as arrogant and will alienate people.

I think Bill might be a dark horse. He's going to be really funny and I think he could be this year's Chris. I'm also really liking Jason. Whoever did his VT for twitter is a genius as he's come across really nice and funny.

Do you reckon Ant and Dec will be able to resist not mocking AJ on I'm a celeb about his "we want to be the new Ant and Dec" comments. Surely AJ has shown the worst judgement ever leaving strictly and it appears also crappy over the producers as he left. I still laugh at his leaving announcement
Max does seem shy so it will take a good partner to get the best out of him.

Yeah there's something about HRVY and Maisey that seems off; they might come a little arrogant and entitled will have to wait and see when the show starts.

A lot of people do like Bill already so who knows he could last longer than people think; Jason was quite a surprise seems down to earth and sweet natured.

I would LOVE Ant and Dec to mock AJ obviously them doing it would be a harmless joke but it would nice to see them put AJ and Curtis in their place.

His leaving announcement; his being the operative word, it was just something bundled together from him PR and not from him. Just goes to show how much he was slamming the door in their faces.

I would love for him to be evicted early from the Jungle (or castle in this years case :ROFLMAO: ) so he gets taken down a peg or two.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I've just seen that Denise van Outen is going to be on Dancing on Ice. Is she the first celeb to have done both?

Colin Jackson is doing DOI too, seems they're not fussy about former Strictly contestants taking part 😁

News about next year's Strictly tours: http://strictlycomedancinglive.com/...s-strictly-announces-new-tours-for-2021-2022/

No Live tour next year but the 2022 tour will be on sale next week even though we have no idea who will be in the cast 🧐 Oti is on her own tour so has been replaced in the Pro tour line up by Kai Widdrington, and there's a new Power of Dance tour with Janette, Dianne, Amy, Neil and special guests, including Karim 🧐

Reactions: 2

I can’t find the Strictly statement. Anyone got it?

Colin Jackson is doing DOI too, seems they're not fussy about former Strictly contestants taking part 😁

News about next year's Strictly tours: http://strictlycomedancinglive.com/...s-strictly-announces-new-tours-for-2021-2022/

No Live tour next year but the 2022 tour will be on sale next week even though we have no idea who will be in the cast 🧐 Oti is on her own tour so has been replaced in the Pro tour line up by Kai Widdrington, and there's a new Power of Dance tour with Janette, Dianne, Amy, Neil and special guests, including Karim 🧐

I find it weird they are announcing the 2022 tour when we don't even know the celebs for the 2021 series. It's a shame for the celebs this series that they won't be able to do the strictly tour but I guess because they know covid will eventually have died down by then its best to get the arenas booked now before concerts start back up again.

The 'Power of Dance' tour next June was quite a surprise seeing as they are already going ahead the the 'Strictly Professionals' tour next May. It will be a quick turn around for Dianne and Neil who are doing both tours. Karim is joining the 'here come the boys' tour and 'power of dance' tour next year so he really has gotten a full quota from doing strictly. :ROFLMAO: There is also another special guest to be announced for that tour; the rounds on twitter saying it might be Joe Sugg and some say it could be Max or Hrvy from this years batch. Will have to wait and see.

Kai Widdrington is joining the 'Professionals' tour so this could be an early indicator he is definitely going to be a full time pro next series.

I can’t find the Strictly statement. Anyone got it?

Here it is:

HRVY has tested negative so it's a go for him. :)

Kai Widdrington is joining the 'Professionals' tour so this could be an early indicator he is definitely going to be a full time pro next series.
Was gutted to miss out on the pro tour this year (it was one of my birthday gifts from last year) so am looking forward to the one next year. Kai definitely in as 2021 pro if that's true. He seems to be replacing Oti on tour and that makes a gender balance (5/5). Will miss Oti but look forward to seeing Kai on tour.

I've heard that the likes of Karen & Dianne are great to watch on stage.

I wonder if the main live tour in 2022 will have a few more contestants than normal, perhaps the best of the 2020 & 2021 casts? I might make a booking to see the live tour, not been to it since 2014.

Last edited:
HRVY has tested negative so it's a go for him. :)

Was gutted to miss out on the pro tour this year (it was one of my birthday gifts from last year) so am looking forward to the one next year. Kai definitely in as 2021 pro if that's true. He seems to be replacing Oti on tour and that makes a gender balance (5/5). Will miss Oti but look forward to seeing Kai on tour.

I've heard that the likes of Karen & Dianne are great to watch on stage.

I wonder if the main live tour in 2022 will have a few more contestants than normal, perhaps the best of the 2020 & 2021 casts? I might make a booking to see the live tour, not been to it since 2014.
Yeah so happy for Hrvy; noticed his strictly countdown was out today as well so he must be at the studio able to do the promo photos/fittings and the like. I think HRVY seems to be the biggest question mark on which pro is going to get him because he is the youngest and a ringer it's more of a pigeonholed box; still seems like Janette and Dianne are the front runners.

Kai seems like a good one; heard nothing but positive things from his time on the DWTS ireland; he also has burn the floor experience so he is more than capable.

Yeah I haven't seen them live (only saw youtube videos of the kevin and karen tour, strictly tour, here come the girls tour, professionals tour and some burn the floor clips) but I think any of the pros who were Burn the floor members always seem to give that extra oomph :p

Yeah maybe they will include more dancers who knows??? Last strictly tour I saw was the Harry Judd year :p

Denise, Jason & Colin are all the first to do both shows (unless the Christmas specials count). Not sure any of those 3 will replicate their success on the ice as they are older now than on SCD (nobody older does well on DOI due to injury potential) but I'm sure they'll give it their best.

Any past DOI contestants we'd like on SCD? I'd quite like Bonnie Langford - an older contestant who can actually dance plus she seems really sweet as well. I'm fine with somebody doing both shows (as long as their appearances are not within a few years of each other) although a definite no to anyone who did a DWTS abroad (looking at you Pamela Anderson - 2x on DWTS USA, 1x on Argentina version, 1x DOI and 1x French version).

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.