Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
EDIT - Just noticed that both Pasquale & Kai are tall. Interesting decision to have them as AJ and Kevin's replacements (both short). I wonder if this spells trouble for one of the other tall guys. Not so sure that Aljaž brings much to the table these days and then there's Graziano who didn't do well with Vick and is now on the bench for the 2nd time.
I would say that while Kai is more of the front runner choice for a new pro boy next year as he is British and has experience from DWTS I doubt Pasquale is. It's like you said both of them are both tall boys and the show already has fairly tall boys in Johannes, Graziano and Aljaž; there is no signs of the show getting rid of them. I think for a 2nd choice they will go with someone different either from Burn the floor or from the competition world. Just because Pasquale has been in a celeb/pro routine and the group numbers this year doesn't mean he is automatically a shoe in for an actual pro slot. Every year they always hire extra dancers for pro routines; some dancers have been doing that for a quite a number of years and have never been given a pro slot. I think Pasquale would have been handy to hire this year as an extra dancer as he is in the UK and he has already done it before. By this time next year for the 2021 series of strictly with covid (hopefully) died down then the options for other dancers will be far more wide open. Who knows maybe they might hire Pasquale or not.

The next countdown:

The pro's and celebs will probably be a bit quieter on social media as everyone is getting partnered up this week.

The Daily Mail already have pap pictures of Nicola and her partner :rolleyes: we'll probably know all the pairings before the launch show 🧐

Reactions: 1
The Daily Mail already have pap pictures of Nicola and her partner :rolleyes: we'll probably know all the pairings before the launch show 🧐
Probably. I'd rather just know to be honest.

Happy with this pairing, Nicola has a good partner that will bring the best out in her.

Agreed. I'm fine with it but others might not be.

Is this a spoiler-free zone?
I actually don't know........ I don't think so as I remember when Joe and Saffron were on strictly people were posting the results on the saturday night in their threads saying who was eliminated. I think if you don't want spoilers you shouldn't come on a gossip forum :p

Maybe we should just all agree that if we post spoilers we tag them as spoilers so the people who don't want to see them don't have to, but can still enjoy the thread?

Reactions: 4
No thanks from me to Ian Waite - didn't like him as a pro and don't like him when he pops up on It Takes Two. Something about him that just bugs me plus he and Zoe Ball are a bit annoying together. His stint as a pro is now well over a decade ago and he's still sticking around the show.

Also no thanks to someone like Pasha or Flavia, they are just too quiet. The fairly reserved personalities don't work well as judges, see Jayne Torvill on DOI.
Karen Harding would be amazing judge imo

Why is there a lot of hate for Oti on here. I love her and think she is the best female pro dancer

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Karen Harding would be amazing judge imo

Why is there a lot of hate for Oti on here. I love her and think she is the best female pro dancer
I can only speak for myself and I certainly don't hate Oti, quite the contrary, I think she is a fabulous dancer and choreographer. I would say that she's running the risk of being overexposed though, the BBC do seem to promote her quite a lot, she's made at least Blackpool for 4 years in a row now so I think a quieter series for her would be a good thing. That way, people don't get fed up like many did of Kevin Clifton when he was the show's poster child.

I'd like some of the attention to go to the other pros who are also talented. Would also like to see her with an older guy (perhaps Bill Bailey) as a different type of test.

So nothing against her but I just find it frustrating when the BBC promotes a certain pro the face of the show.

Reactions: 4
Hold on, I cannot work the spoiler tag, no idea what's happening.
You use the insert button
Screenshot 2020-10-06 at 18.42.06.png
and go down to Spoiler. Just write Spoiler in the title and then write between the brackets.

I can only speak for myself and I certainly don't hate Oti, quite the contrary, I think she is a fabulous dancer and choreographer. I would say that she's running the risk of being overexposed though, the BBC do seem to promote her quite a lot, she's made at least Blackpool for 4 years in a row now so I think a quieter series for her would be a good thing. That way, people don't get fed up like many did of Kevin Clifton when he was the show's poster child.

I'd like some of the attention to go to the other pros who are also talented. Would also like to see her with an older guy (perhaps Bill Bailey) as a different type of test.

So nothing against her but I just find it frustrating when the BBC promotes a certain pro the face of the show.
She's not my fave but I deffo don't dislike her; I agree with the fact she has been pushed more than the other pro's as the new poster child of strictly (it used to be Kevin).

I wonder is she could be a 2nd Aliona Vilani. Aliona won with Harry Judd then got 2 duffers after that and had a face like a slapped a**e then got given Jay and the rest was history.

I do think she could do with some actual duffers for a change along with Giovanni.

Reactions: 3

Yeah I can see that but in my opinion I think she comes off quite modest and down to earth so I don’t mind it if she does well. I’m sure there are others who have made it to Blackpool just as much. Maybe it shows she is a good teacher if she can get her partner to Blackpool four times in a row? I don’t know 😂 I just really like her

• Heart
Maybe it shows she is a good teacher if she can get her partner to Blackpool four times in a row? I don’t know 😂
She did well to get Graeme as far as she did though I think Danny, Jonnie & Kelvin were all guaranteed to make it far based on looks and in Danny & Kelvin's case, dance ability.

I am glad that she won last year as she definitely deserved a trophy, last year was definitely the right year for her but now it's her turn for the old guy.

I wonder is she could be a 2nd Aliona Vilani. Aliona won with Harry Judd then got 2 duffers after that and had a face like a slapped a**e then got given Jay and the rest was history.

I do think she could do with some actual duffers for a change along with Giovanni.
Giovanni really needs someone crap for a change. It will be favouritism if he gets Maisie. It would be cool for him to win at one point but at 30, he should still have plenty of time left to get a win, I don't agree with the Kevin formula of just giving someone contender after contender until they win. Give him some duds first.

Aliona had a bit of a bad attitude at times and it was clear that she only wanted contenders so maybe Oti will be the same if she gets a no-hoper but I would say that she was justified to have a face liked a slapped a*se when given Gregg Wallace. :sick:

She did well to get Graeme as far as she did though I think Danny, Jonnie & Kelvin were all guaranteed to make it far based on looks and in Danny & Kelvin's case, dance ability.

I am glad that she won last year as she definitely deserved a trophy, last year was definitely the right year for her but now it's her turn for the old guy.

Giovanni really needs someone crap for a change. It will be favouritism if he gets Maisie. It would be cool for him to win at one point but at 30, he should still have plenty of time left to get a win, I don't agree with the Kevin formula of just giving someone contender after contender until they win. Give him some duds first.

Aliona had a bit of a bad attitude at times and it was clear that she only wanted contenders so maybe Oti will be the same if she gets a no-hoper but I would say that she was justified to have a face liked a slapped a*se when given Gregg Wallace. :sick:
I would like for Gorka to get Maisie; he was on the bench last year and the year before left early with Katie Piper, height wise I think he is the best choice.

Giovanni really has been fortunate with all of his partners and hasn't yet to have true duffer in the 5 years he has been on the show.

At least Oti is self aware that she is probably due a duffer next as she said on the Packed Lunch programme recently that she didn't think she would be winning it this year or something to that effect. I think next year will be the determining factor to see if they may giver her a ringer or a somewhat good enough one to make the final. It depends on the contestant you get if the person is nice and humble I think people don't mind seeing a pro win twice but I don't it will be this year or next for Oti.

Jason Bell's interview is out:

I thought it was a bit of a shame Neil wouldn't have a partner, then I saw some of the news articles about his new girlfriend and thought it might be just as well! You wouldn't want the dancing to be overshadowed by all that drama.

I'm reserving judgement about Nichola Adams until I've seen her dance. She's young-ish, fit, and sportspeople usually have a good mentality. From what I've read though, I can't work out if she's just going to dance the male part, or whether she'll embrace all ladies dancing, where the style is a bit different, especially in Latin. I danced in an all girls partnership for a bit when I was at university and really enjoyed it (so much easier than my boy partner if I'm being honest!) , but we went in for matching dresses/hairstyles/make up, which I don't think she will want to do.

Jason seems likeable. I'm glad that they picked someone with a good personality to be the token retired sportsman this year even if he is lesser known. Having James Cracknell & David James being dragged around the floor with no enthusiasm last year was painful to watch and it was obvious both were in for a pay check.

And he may have some dance potential. 4 NFL players have won DWTS, 4 have made 2nd place, 2 have made 3rd place and a few others have also made it far.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Jason seems likeable. I'm glad that they picked someone with a good personality to be the token retired sportsman this year even if he is lesser known. Having James Cracknell & David James being dragged around the floor with no enthusiasm last year was painful to watch and it was obvious both were in for a pay check.

And he may have some dance potential. 4 NFL players have won DWTS, 4 have made 2nd place, 2 have made 3rd place and a few others have also made it far.
Yeah Jason seems sweet from what we've seen so far.

OMG it was pure cringe watching James and David! You could tell they didn't want to be there! At least Chris Ramsay for not being a great mover at least gave it his all.

Is Jason the first american male contestant on strictly? I mean Ashley Roberts and Michelle Visage suffered from low votes later on in the competition (I know Ashley also had the factor of being 'too qualified' as a dancer) and a lot of that was put down to British people don't tend to vote for Americans on British reality TV.

Nicola is partnered with...Katya!!

This is a great partnership, Katya is a creative choreographer and proven vote-winner (none of her celebs have gone early), both things that are definitely necessary for the first same-sex pairing. And we've never seen Katya with an athlete either. I'm not sure about Nicola's dance abilities but I reckon that they will do quite well.

I did want her with HRVY as she's due a ringer so I hope that this leaves him with Dianne who has also never had someone with dance experience. I'm getting worried that Amy has him though, would hate to see her with a ringer yet again. Maybe he'll get Janette, they'd get on well but a possible waste of talent (Janette's been very lucky on this show for someone who doesn't have adequate ballroom ability) and it'll look like he's dancing with his auntie. This is a situation where they could do with hiring a female AJ.

Is Jason the first american male contestant on strictly? I mean Ashley Roberts and Michelle Visage suffered from low votes later on in the competition (I know Ashley also had the factor of being 'too qualified' as a dancer) and a lot of that was put down to British people don't tend to vote for Americans on British reality TV.
I believe he is the first American guy.

Gary Busey won CBB a few years ago (was that public vote?) so it is possible that Jason could get votes. Regardless of nationality, Ashley was never getting votes anyway as a mega ringer and Michelle didn't appeal to the right demographic for SCD.

I think this could be a strange year for pairings with a few surprises. The interview a few pages back with the Executive Producer said that one half of the partnership will have to be a single household so I reckon they'll do the partnerships based on that, so a contestant living with family will have a partner who does already or could live alone. I can see a few wildcards on the horizon in terms of partnerships...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.