Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really liked the best of final episode tonight! Although I have to admit I definitely shed some tears on Carolines part 😿; such a sad story but she was definitely a star on strictly ⭐

Moving to a funnier note I'm excited for the new series to start next week and I'm glad there is going to be new dances to go mad over and a new champion. I'm saying this because if I have to see Oti gloat one more time........................... :rolleyes:

SPOILER ALERT:

I've done some digging based on who the pros and contestants follow on instagram and there are 2 potential couples. Obviously this is just a guess and I've put in a spoiler tab in case people don't want to know. I'd advise anyone not to look at the pros/contestant follow lists on instagram if they don't want to be spoiled (even though this isn't a definite).

Karen is following Max and no other contestant

Gorka is following Maisie and no other contestant

Katya and Nicola is a go from pap pics.

Anyway the VT's and first interviews are being filmed on Monday and then the first show on Saturday!!!! :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I really liked the best of final episode tonight! Although I have to admit I definitely shed some tears on Carolines part 😿; such a sad story but she was definitely a star on strictly ⭐

Moving to a funnier note I'm excited for the new series to start next week and I'm glad there is going to be new dances to go mad over and a new champion. I'm saying this because if I have to see Oti gloat one more time........................... :rolleyes:

SPOILER ALERT:

I've done some digging based on who the pros and contestants follow on instagram and there are 2 potential couples. Obviously this is just a guess and I've put in a spoiler tab in case people don't want to know. I'd advise anyone not to look at the pros/contestant follow lists on instagram if they don't want to be spoiled (even though this isn't a definite).

Karen is following Max and no other contestant

Gorka is following Maisie and no other contestant

Katya and Nicola is a go from pap pics.

Anyway the VT's and first interviews are being filmed on Monday and then the first show on Saturday!!!! :love:
Karen & Max seems interesting, could see that one working. I guess he could be her best dancer yet?

Gorka really deserves a partner like Maisie, he's been overlooked compared to the other younger male pros. Would love if this was true.

Karen & Max seems interesting, could see that one working. I guess he could be her best dancer yet?

Gorka really deserves a partner like Maisie, he's been overlooked compared to the other younger male pros. Would love if this was true.
Yeah Karen definitely deserves a contestant who has a real shot at the final after a long while.

Gorka deserves a good contestant after the benching last year and leaving early with katie the year before.

I'm putting my final couples guesses below. I'm putting it in a spoiler as some are based on my previous post about some pros/contestant following only each other.

This could be subject to change if anything leaks before saturday.

Maisie & Gorka
Caroline & Anton
Clara & Alijaz
Jacqui & Johannes
Ranvir & Giovanni
Nicola & Katya

Max & Karen
JJ & Amy
Jason & Luba
Jamie & Dianne
HRVY & Janette
Bill & Oti

I'm saying this because if I have to see Oti gloat one more time........................... :rolleyes:
Gloati 😂

I'm amazed they haven't been told not to follow each other on social media until casting's announced. There are enough moles and leaks already without the pros getting involved!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Gloati 😂

I'm amazed they haven't been told not to follow each other on social media until casting's announced. There are enough moles and leaks already without the pros getting involved!
Haha Gloati I'm using that in the future lol :ROFLMAO:

I know theyre best off following everyone or only following the people you want to follow after the couples have been announced.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I've just seen the video promo for Masie and she is annoying AF. She obviously thinks she's the main contestant and it's already in the bag. I hope she does get Gorka as I want him to do well this year

Reactions: 4
I've just seen the video promo for Masie and she is annoying AF. She obviously thinks she's the main contestant and it's already in the bag. I hope she does get Gorka as I want him to do well this year
I'd also like to see her with Gorka so we can see more of his choreo (loved his routines with Alexandra). Would feel slightly bad for the guy though as she would be his 2nd annoying EastEnders partner in only a few series (he had Tameka in Series 14). I'd like for him to get a fairly chilled out celeb for a change.

I'd also like to see her with Gorka so we can see more of his choreo (loved his routines with Alexandra). Would feel slightly bad for the guy though as she would be his 2nd annoying EastEnders partner in only a few series (he had Tameka in Series 14). I'd like for him to get a fairly chilled out celeb for a change.
Not to mention low maintenance Alexandra Burke 😬

Yikes, forgot her. And whilst Katie Piper seems like a nice person, I get the impression that she was kinda high-maintenance as well (understandably so though).
To be fair though, i can't imagine anyone else but the lovely Gorka dealing with massive pains like these. I loved how furious Alexandra got because he dared to fancy and date Louise. Could you imagine Giovanni with Alexandra!!

Maisie seems a diva and Gorka suffered enough with Alexandra, i cant remember the rest of the female celebs though who would be suitable for his height, is Caroline quite short?

The only other person I thought he could get is Clara. I think she could be good but usually radio DJs do really badly. Ranvir looks like she could be pretty uncoordinated but fun. But its surely got to be Giovanni turn for a duffer this year

To be fair though, i can't imagine anyone else but the lovely Gorka dealing with massive pains like these. I loved how furious Alexandra got because he dared to fancy and date Louise. Could you imagine Giovanni with Alexandra!!
Imagine Alexandra with Kevin, Brendan or James Jordan! Didn't think Giovanni was particularly fiery, the only celeb he clashed with was Laura Whitmore and I can't exactly call her the most likeable person.

I believe that Alexandra & Gorka may have fell out on tour over him being involved with Gemma. I'd read on Digital Spy that Alexandra had organised a girls day out to a spa when the tour was in Glasgow and didn't invite Gemma.

Ah well, if he gets Maisie, he can at least go full throttle with his choreo and make another final. And hopefully he can then get a more likeable journey type celeb that could win in 2021 - he deserves a trophy after all these years.

Last edited:
Maisie does seem annoying; sort of the east end eliza doolittle. A bit like stacey dooley but younger and much worse; I think she is one of the celebs where it'll not be her dancing she'll have to work majorly on but her likeability.

Maisie does seem annoying; sort of the east end eliza doolittle. A bit like stacey dooley but younger and much worse; I think she is one of the celebs where it'll not be her dancing she'll have to work majorly on but her likeability.
I'd imagine her having dance experience and winning CiN would stand against her do would need to be massively liked by the audience. From what I've seen of her so far, she might have to just rely on being able to dance

Reactions: 1
I'd imagine her having dance experience and winning CiN would stand against her do would need to be massively liked by the audience. From what I've seen of her so far, she might have to just rely on being able to dance
The Eastenders link is probably the best thing going for her chances as the EE cast seem to do well on strictly.

Maisie's dance ability might get her to the final, but she's going to need the likeability as well to win. Right now she's just giving me bratty Saffron vibes :LOL:

So the launch show is filmed tomorrow and hopefully they're still having a small audience so we can get some spoilers of the pairs. After Nicola's partner was papped on the first day of filming the pairings I was expecting there to be similar pap shots of the others, but I've not seen any yet 🧐

Reactions: 4
Maisie's dance ability might get her to the final, but she's going to need the likeability as well to win. Right now she's just giving me bratty Saffron vibes :LOL:

So the launch show is filmed tomorrow and hopefully they're still having a small audience so we can get some spoilers of the pairs. After Nicola's partner was papped on the first day of filming the pairings I was expecting there to be similar pap shots of the others, but I've not seen any yet 🧐
Yeah she seems bratty but at least she has more personality than that drip Saffron lol :ROFLMAO:

The pairings are pretty much out there if you see my previous posts maybe the case of 1 or 2 being different just in case; its being the easiest year to suss the couples due to the whole some having to move out and form their own bubble and of course who's following who on instagram.

will there be a male - male partnership (unsure of correct term) ?
No there is only going to be a one same sex couple which is female this year. The celebrity is olympic boxer Nicola Adams. Click the spoiler below to find out the pro she is with; this is based on pap pics that leaked last week.

Katya

will there be a male - male partnership (unsure of correct term) ?
Male same sex partnership - and no not competing, two of the pros dance together last year, resulting in a lot of backlash, but hopefully the British public can’t get over their homophobia and it will be a more common thing especially as same sex female partners are quite common in ballroom anways

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.