Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I only liked AJ when he was partnered with Claudia Fragapane as they seemed so natural. I think their popularity together went to his head abit and he wasn’t the same after.
As soon as he got partnered with Molly, he seemed to be obsessed with creating a press illusion that he was in a relationship with his partner rather than just getting on dancing. Its quite noticeable how in the specials he was ignored and barely featured unlike Kevin who's still hanging round like a bad smell

Reactions: 5
I wanted AJ to get an older woman with dance ability like Debbie McGee for a totally different dynamic. The show didn't really help by not at all varying the types of celeb he got - dull, average ability young ones every year. He could have also been a good one for a same-sex partnership.

If he was still on, I'd have put him with Caroline Quentin.

At least he was fairly harmless even if a bit one-note as pro and slightly arrogant, can't say the same for ole Kev.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I still can't believe that AJ thinks he and his brother can be the new Ant and Dec :LOL: I remember thinking at Live tour this year how wooden he was at delivering his lines. Why would he give up something he did well for something that he hasn't shown much aptitude for? 🧐
The way he left was strange as well, he was announced as returning with all the other pros, and then two weeks later suddenly he had left and given his pal Dan Wootton the exclusive story :rolleyes:
Also agree about him creating fauxmances with his partners, it was one thing to do it when he was single, but he did it last year with Saffron as well, even though he has a girlfriend :sick: and he's so pretty that it actually annoys me to look at his face :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This might be unpopular opinion I cannot stand AJ. The fact he uses his partners and does the whole let’s stir up relationship rumours is disgusting especially as he’s had a girlfriend during some of the series. I really don’t think he’s anything special, I just think he’s fame hungry and just bloody annoying. The fact the he things he could be the next ant and dec with his brother makes me laugh. I thought he announced he was leaving ages ago? For some reason I thought he was leaving from like the start of this year

Reactions: 13
I still can't believe that AJ thinks he and his brother can be the new Ant and Dec :LOL: I remember thinking at Live tour this year how wooden he was at delivering his lines. Why would he give up something he did well for something that he hasn't shown much aptitude for? 🧐
The way he left was strange as well, he was announced as returning with all the other pros, and then two weeks later suddenly he had left and given his pal Dan Wootton the exclusive story :rolleyes:
Also agree about him creating fauxmances with his partners, it was one thing to do it when he was single, but he did it last year with Saffron as well, even though he has a girlfriend :sick: and he's so pretty that it actually annoys me to look at his face :ROFLMAO:
Him and his fake ass relationships with his partners, every year. It was disgusting what him and saffron did. They purposely posed couple like photos and encouraged her fans to post comments saying he should leave his girlfriend for saffron....vile! Just to try and get votes. No surprise him and saffron have the same publicist.
As for him and his equally cringe brother becoming the new ant and Dec, planks of wood have more charisma and presenting skills.

Reactions: 6
In the last few pages, we've criticised AJ, Kevin, Neil, Anton and Amy.

Are there any decent and likeable British pros out there? :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Haha saying that I do prefer the abroad pros like Dianne, Karen, Graziano and Johannes. :p

I think the British pro's let their fame, popularity, thirst for the win get to their heads.

Reactions: 4
There was an article about Amy during the Here Come The Girls Tour saying some of the back stage staff found her difficult to work with and she wanted all the attention on her. I know some articles are bullshit but I’m not so sure with this.

Reactions: 2
There was an article about Amy during the Here Come The Girls Tour saying some of the back stage staff found her difficult to work with and she wanted all the attention on her. I know some articles are bullshit but I’m not so sure with this.
Interesting. I would take such things with a pinch of salt but I do get a bizarre vibe from her - her "sweet young pro" mask has slipped a number of times. And the series with Danny JJ was odd, I never heard much about him being difficult to work with outside SCD (in fact, he got generally good reviews on Digital Spy's "nice and not nice celebs" thread) - was she also to blame in that situation? Then again, if she was difficult to work with behind the scenes on Strictly, I doubt she'd have had her contract renewed.

Last edited:

So, I have a weird story about this and I don’t know who else to tell 😂! When Karen was dancing with Chris Ramsey she was at Kings Cross with David and I only recognised her as the pair were doing a very full on PDA in front of the entire train station, it was super cringeworthy and everyone was staring!! Then I went to catch the tube home and I ended up sitting next to David (I didn’t recognise him at the time!) but I glanced down at his phone and he was googling her and I thought, ‘ohhh that’s funny, he must have seen the embarrassing behaviour and wanted to check it was her too!) then he was texting a ‘Little Bear’ on his phone all of this over the top I love you shizzle and I didn’t put the parts together ... a few days later I saw them together in the DM and I was like ohhh wait the guy from the tube was her bf but why the duck was he sat going through pages and pages of pics of her on Google Images?! Bit odd 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Interesting. I would take such things with a pinch of salt but I do get a bizarre vibe from her - her "sweet young pro" mask has slipped a number of times. And the series with Danny JJ was odd, I never heard much about him being difficult to work with outside SCD (in fact, he got generally good reviews on Digital Spy's "nice and not nice celebs" thread) - was she also to blame in that situation? Then again, if she was difficult to work with behind the scenes on Strictly, I doubt she'd have had her contract renewed.
I’ve heard somewhere that DJJ can be difficult to be fair. Though I’ve heard nice things also. However, I really feel he was hung out to dry by Strictly’s ‘mole’ there with those leaks. They really wanted the idea he was a bully out there.

Reactions: 3
I’ve heard somewhere that DJJ can be difficult to be fair. Though I’ve heard nice things also. However, I really feel he was hung out to dry by Strictly’s ‘mole’ there with those leaks. They really wanted the idea he was a bully out there.
He clearly upset someone at the BBC. I did find it kinda funny that he snubbed the It Takes Two exit interview as revenge for the show not defending him.

He clearly upset someone at the BBC. I did find it kinda funny that he snubbed the It Takes Two exit interview as revenge for the show not defending him.
He also recently said he wasn’t allowed to go public at the time that Amy had missed training for nearly 2 weeks due to a secret injury and he had to train with someone else.

He also recently said he wasn’t allowed to go public at the time that Amy had missed training for nearly 2 weeks due to a secret injury and he had to train with someone else.
That’s interesting. I wonder why he wasn’t allowed to go public. What would they have done if he had?

I can’t shake the feeling that the producers are a bit sketchy to be honest

That’s interesting. I wonder why he wasn’t allowed to go public. What would they have done if he had?

I can’t shake the feeling that the producers are a bit sketchy to be honest
I think that the show has lost some of its original charm because it is clear that it is becoming more and more manipulated. Some parts of it are like a scripted reality show!

The recent producers are sketchy and have been since Louise Rainbow and Jason Gilkison joined around 2013/14. Jason needs to go - he seems to dictate the choreography (I believe he may be why some of the pros like James & Ola Jordan fell out with the show as they didn't like having less choreographic freedom) and have a say in the pro lineup (hence all the Burn the Floor cast making it onto SCD) but what does his involvement add to the show? The salaries paid to him and his choreography team could be used to attract better celebs surely?

Louise is now gone but the new producer Sarah James seems to be causing issues as well - last year had a very 'X-Factor' vibe which doesn't surprise me when looking at her CV. It was all too OTT and lacked the class that the show had before.

I love SCD for what it is but I feel that the quality is going down. I've got into some of the foreign versions during lockdown and kinda enjoy them more now, even the American version is better to watch (despite Tyrant Banks). I want them to maybe have a year off and completely revamp the show - come back with a new producer, new hosts, new set, a change of a few judges and a change of some pros (whilst keeping the big names), ensure decent standards of ballroom & latin and less manipulation. Bring it back to what it was around 10 years ago but with a more modern twist at the same time. A balance needs to be struck.

Reactions: 5

I think most (all?) of the recent British pros come from quite an intense competition background from a young age and give off either a really odd, intense vibe (Kevin and Jo Clifton, Amy) or are just generally a bit clueless and lacking in self-awareness (AJ - don't get me started on the 'new Ant and Dec' thing 🤣), and this might come from that. This is why I find them a bit off-putting anyway.

Some of the overseas pros have a bit more life and job experience outside that world, and just seem a bit more chilled out, perhaps because of this

Reactions: 4

So, I have a weird story about this and I don’t know who else to tell 😂! When Karen was dancing with Chris Ramsey she was at Kings Cross with David and I only recognised her as the pair were doing a very full on PDA in front of the entire train station, it was super cringeworthy and everyone was staring!! Then I went to catch the tube home and I ended up sitting next to David (I didn’t recognise him at the time!) but I glanced down at his phone and he was googling her and I thought, ‘ohhh that’s funny, he must have seen the embarrassing behaviour and wanted to check it was her too!) then he was texting a ‘Little Bear’ on his phone all of this over the top I love you shizzle and I didn’t put the parts together ... a few days later I saw them together in the DM and I was like ohhh wait the guy from the tube was her bf but why the duck was he sat going through pages and pages of pics of her on Google Images?! Bit odd 🤦🏼‍♀️
I wonder if he was hoping to see some papped pictures of himself ...reflected fame and glory

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.