Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nicola Adams has made the headlines, it's claimed she has set up an account with only fans with her girlfriend. It's been "suggested" she might get in trouble with the BBC over this.

One of the crew has the virus so they've had to do a deep clean of the set and more members are waiting on results..

Thankfully the BBC will have prepared for a situation like this. By the sounds of it, they seem to have a very COVID secure show this year, they've taken plenty of precautions so I wouldn't worry.

Ultimately they had to continue the show with some adjustments - otherwise there would be little for the BBC to show during fall and lots of people would be missing out financially (the pros in particular really need the paycheck this year after many cancelled tours).

Thankfully the BBC will have prepared for a situation like this. By the sounds of it, they seem to have a very COVID secure show this year, they've taken plenty of precautions so I wouldn't worry.

Ultimately they had to continue the show with some adjustments - otherwise there would be little for the BBC to show during fall and lots of people would be missing out financially (the pros in particular really need the paycheck this year after many cancelled tours).
Just going by the press the person that's tested pos is a lighting tech and has been in contact with a lot of the crew members hence the headline " Sickly Come dancing " ๐Ÿ˜‚

Does anyone here watch Dancing with the Stars? They have got some great celebs from back in the day this season, plus a few from recent Netflix shows, amazing cast compared UK ๐Ÿ™„ Also Derek Hough will be a judge this time around with Tyra Banks hosting!

Reactions: 1
Does anyone here watch Dancing with the Stars? They have got some great celebs from back in the day this season, plus a few from recent Netflix shows, amazing cast compared UK ๐Ÿ™„ Also Derek Hough will be a judge this time around with Tyra Banks hosting!
I won't watch anything that has Tyra in because I can't stand her voice and general manner but I have been thinking of her a lot lately when attempting to "smize" while wearing a face mask ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 3
They've pulled a great cast out of the bag this season for sure. I like watching it but the last 3 seasons were crap due to rogue results (talentless radio guy Bobby Bones winning 2 years ago and last year, Sean Spicer making the quarter final). Tyra being host won't improve things as she's so full of her own self importance but I like the cast and some of my favourite pros are back. Derek as a judge should be interesting, I think that the show did miss his presence.

I'm a bit frustrated that they paired Johnny Weir with a newbie pro (Britt Stewart) whose background isn't ballroom. He could be so good but I wish that they hired pros that were more proficient in ballroom/latin. That is one negative about DWTS - they don't seem to care at all about traditional ballroom there and have hired numerous pros without a sufficient background in ballroom & latin in the past. At least all of the SCD pros (as much as I'd like to see the back of some of them) are sufficiently trained in the dance styles, except for Anton in Latin and Graziano, Karen, Janette in Ballroom.

Carole Baskin's first dance is a Paso to "Eye of the Tiger". Can't wait for that!

The 3 partnerships of AJ McLean & Cheryl Burke, Kaitlyn Bristowe & Artem Chigvintsev and Jesse Metcalfe & Sharna Burgess excite me. I think all 3 could be really interesting and do well. And I'm so happy that Artem finally has a good partner. Skai Jackson & Alan Bersten could also be good but I think that she could struggle for votes due to being from Disney and also her recent controversies (a lot of the viewing audience is kinda racist unfortunately :().

It's generally a high ability cast - with the exception of Charles Oakley & Carole Baskin, everyone is either a ringer or could have some potential.

Does anyone know when they are filming to coupling up show, i know digital spy often has spoilers but i wonder how things will work this year if their is no audience, will they get the spoilers

Dancing with The Stars is shite. Used to be really good about ten years ago, but they have tinkered with the format so much that it barely resembles what it was.

Does anyone know when they are filming to coupling up show, i know digital spy often has spoilers but i wonder how things will work this year if their is no audience, will they get the spoilers
I think Jacqui said the launch show is being filmed on the 12th October, to be shown on the 17th. The pairings will probably be leaked to the press in the same way that the celebs were.

Katya wants Nicola Adams.
I doubt she'll get her as Nicola wants to lead and have a shorter partner while Katya is an inch taller. I'd definitely think that Katya would be a good partner for her but I think Nicola is a big enough signing for her request to be granted, especially given the circumstances.

I just hope that Katya doesn't get Bill - the show's penchant for giving her a middle aged comedy contestant has got old now.

I would imagine all of the girls want Nicola.

Anyone want to be in the audience this year? https://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/shows/strictly-2020

Tickets are available for groups of 4 in a bubble and you have to wear a face mask throughout ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
No thanks! I've never really got the appeal of seeing Strictly in the studio as the seats look really uncomfortable and they also take your phone away from you (which I would object to). The face masks for the full duration of the show would make it a definite no for me.

I do like seeing the tours every now and then though.

No thanks! I've never really got the appeal of seeing Strictly in the studio as the seats look really uncomfortable and they also take your phone away from you (which I would object to). The face masks for the full duration of the show would make it a definite no for me.
Same, especially with the way they usually do it, giving out more tickets than seats so you have to queue up at an early hour to get them validated ๐Ÿ˜ฌ and the way they re-record stuff if the audience aren't making enough noise ๐Ÿ™„ hopefully with a reduced audience this year there won't be as much inane clapping throughout the dances ๐Ÿ˜

and the way they re-record stuff if the audience aren't making enough noise ๐Ÿ™„
I don't get why they do this. It makes the show seem so contrived. To be honest, it's kinda gone a bit downhill in the last few years and these sorts of cheesy ideas are part of the reason why.

A positive for this year is that there will be less clapping (although I bet that they'll add some fake clapping into the background, likely off the beat as well) and no Clauditorium, too much forced nonsense goes on up there.

Reactions: 2
Seeing DWTS last night makes me wish that SCD was back sooner...

Couldn't they have done a 13 week series like normal and just scrapped the pro dances? Were the pro dances ever that popular anyway?

Couldn't they have done a 13 week series like normal and just scrapped the pro dances? Were the pro dances ever that popular anyway?
I personally don't like DWTS in America they barely do actual ballroom/latin dancing just touches of it.

I love the pro dances as you really get to see what the pro's can do plus from watching celebs do a decent job of the dances to watch an actual performance of the world class dancers makes a nice change.

Reactions: 6

Personally Iโ€™d say some pros are more popular and well known than the some of celebs that sign up. The group dances are a major part of why I (and many others) tune in and Iโ€™d be gutted if they dropped them. I watched a couple of clips of last nights dwts and I wasnโ€™t impressed with the standard or style of the show.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.