Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was exactly the same about Karen. It wasn't until last year I realised how crazy she actually is and it really made me question the whole her / Kevin split
I warmed to Karen when she was paired with Charles Venn. But I think you are right about the relationship with Kevin. I think it was tough for Karen, like Kevin admitted on the podcast the breakdown of the marriage was completely his fault cause he was drinking extremely heavily and often & then she got hammered in the press & on social media because she started dating before the divorce was finalised. I think Karen is much happier with her boyfriend David, is much more settled now & feels more comfortable showing her fun side on Strictly now.

As for Janette she is a very weak teacher & choreographer, as she isn't trained in Latin & ballroom. She is trained in theatre & jazz dancing & learned Latin & ballroom from 2/3 years working on Burn the Floor. She got the job on Strictly cause they needed a short dancer to replace Kristina & Ola.

Reactions: 8
From the fact Oti is already hinting at this so vocally on tv, I suspect she's absolutely furious and is probably pretty unbearable to be around.

I'm curious to see Johannes this year. I personally really like him but wasn't massively impressed last year with his choreography so am curious to see what he's like this year.

Does anyone know when they're filming the partnering up show?
They are being partnered up before the show starts via a video call I think then on the first show all the couples will do their bit in a distanced group dance I think.

Reactions: 3
I warmed to Karen when she was paired with Charles Venn. But I think you are right about the relationship with Kevin. I think it was tough for Karen, like Kevin admitted on the podcast the breakdown of the marriage was completely his fault cause he was drinking extremely heavily and often & then she got hammered in the press & on social media because she started dating before the divorce was finalised. I think Karen is much happier with her boyfriend David, is much more settled now & feels more comfortable showing her fun side on Strictly now.

As for Janette she is a very weak teacher & choreographer, as she isn't trained in Latin & ballroom. She is trained in theatre & jazz dancing & learned Latin & ballroom from 2/3 years working on Burn the Floor. She got the job on Strictly cause they needed a short dancer to replace Kristina & Ola.
I loved Karen and Charles! They got so much stick to begin with but they did some fabulous dances. Karen seems like a lovely person to me - I think she’s a bit misunderstood sometimes because she seems very energetic and possibly annoying (the cat impressions!) but there is definitely a sweetheart under all that. I also think she is by far the best pro at street dance/commercial, both with her partners (her Couple’s Choice with Charles was absolutely amazing) and in the pro dances.

I will miss Nadiya having a partner this year - she’s not given enough credit: beautiful dancer and deserves a ringer soon! I’m pleased Luba and Johannes are getting another chance though.

Reactions: 6

Janette seems to be one of the sweetest people out there but she shouldn't have been kept on as a pro for so long. Someone with more ballroom and latin background could have taken her spot. I think this will be her last year anyway as she's 37 in November and as she wants kids, time will run out soon if she stays for another series.

I liked Karen when she was with Hairy Biker Dave and Jeremy Vine although she had a few off years when the whole Kevin divorce was going on (the way that happened didn't exactly raise my opinion of him). Glad she's got her mojo back. With the exception of Anton, they don't seem to keep pros once they hit 40 so I expect Karen to be gone after this year or next. Unless they plan to make her a female Anton which is possible given that she works well with the comedy types. Karen is better than Janette but I don't see her winning it and if anything, she seems to be the best at Charleston and the Couple's Choice routines.

Does anyone find it weird she won't automatically get Jamie this time, especially as they were pitched as being good last series. She couldn't have made it more clear she wasn't bothered he was injured last year so it wouldn't surprise me if he asked for anyone but her.
I didn't see Oti acting like that but I did notice that Jamie seemed to support Karim for the win last year which does possibly imply that there wasn't a whole lot of love lost between him & Oti.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Karen was much improved once she was no longer a Clifton :p I started to warm to her when she was with Charles, and I really liked her with Chris last year. She also really impressed me on the Pro tour, I often found myself watching her dance.

This is what was said about the launch show:

"The big difference is that we're going to be pairing our celebrities with their dancers in VT rather than in the studio like previous years. It's a bit more difficult with distancing but we've got some incredible locations for those VTs so I'm really excited about how they will look." teased Sarah James.
Going on to reveal "We will still have a group dance with celebrities so everybody will have a little taste of what the celebrities can do on that launch show. But obviously where they usually all dance together, that won't be possible this year, so all of the celebrities will be just be dancing with their pro partners for that number."

It's being filmed on the 12th, but no doubt the Sun will tell us who's partnered with who before then, they've had the scoop on everything else 🧐

Reactions: 2
I just hope they ditch those stupid team names. Hundreds of Instagram stories about something no one seriously gives a tit about

Kevin is the only dancer they‘ve interviewed for the specials, I did wonder if he’s had a change of heart... he left to do a tour which obviously can’t happen so he’s not working...

my only true dream is that Pasha will return 😭

I just watched the interview of Oti on Steph's Packed Lunch show - she said "there will probably be a meme of me watching Jamie dance with someone else in the front row" and also said something along the lines of "if you win one year, you don't win the next".

So we can definitely rule out a partnership with Jamie and probably pencil in a partnership with Bill.

Reactions: 1
although she had a few off years when the whole Kevin divorce was going on (the way that happened didn't exactly raise my opinion of him).
What was the way it happened? I didn’t really read much about the divorce because I’m not a big fan of Kevin, though I think he’s a good dancer. I think Karen has done well since the divorce, though I wonder why she went back to Hauer instead of her birth name of Guedez?

What was the way it happened? I didn’t really read much about the divorce because I’m not a big fan of Kevin, though I think he’s a good dancer. I think Karen has done well since the divorce, though I wonder why she went back to Hauer instead of her birth name of Guedez?
I hated how she got all of the blame for it but I swear that I saw somewhere that he was doing business with Louise Redknapp? Plus, the fact that she seems way happier since she left him indicates that he could be a piece of work (as if it wasn't obvious by how he acted on SCD).

As for Karen's surname - I doubt she goes by Hauer in real life, probably just uses it as a stage name as 3 name changes would be a bit much. Better for continuity.

Reactions: 4
I think Karen's been a great pro the last couple of years - so much more relaxed whilst making sure she gets the best out of her celeb. Also, a fantastic dancer live - she was a standout on the pro tour

One thing that sticks out when her and Kevin were going through their bad patch - when him and Susan got voted off and they were doing their goodbye speeches on the show, he took the mic and declared how sorry he was to his wife because he knew how difficult he had been to live with the last couple of months - then the camera cut to Karen looking incredibly uncomfortable. It always struck me as quite a manipulative to do - doing it on live TV and putting the focus on her when she clearly was in no mood for it and just made him look romantic and her look unreasonable. Like those men who publicly declare their love to women who aren't interested - just no.

And not to mention the fact that moment should have been about Susan, not him

Though I do think both of them handled the split situation well, considering they then had to tour with each other. But I'm not really going to miss Kevin on the show

Rhymes with Power - her online exercise thing is called Hauer Power.

Has anyone listened to Kevin's podcast? I've avoided it so far as I can only handle him in small doses, but I keep reading about interesting things he has said about Strictly on it. The latest thing is that the exec producer asked him to come back this year :oops: can you imagine if another male pro had been benched so that Kevin could return :eek:
Another thing was when Amy was on it she said she had suggested a song for Halloween week which was then given to someone else, and she and Karim were pretty much forced to do the Stranger Things theme 🧐 that's one thing I don't like about Strictly, how manipulated it is, and it was particularly noticeable last year I thought 🤔

Reactions: 5
Has anyone listened to Kevin's podcast? I've avoided it so far as I can only handle him in small doses, but I keep reading about interesting things he has said about Strictly on it. The latest thing is that the exec producer asked him to come back this year :oops: can you imagine if another male pro had been benched so that Kevin could return :eek:
Another thing was when Amy was on it she said she had suggested a song for Halloween week which was then given to someone else, and she and Karim were pretty much forced to do the Stranger Things theme 🧐 that's one thing I don't like about Strictly, how manipulated it is, and it was particularly noticeable last year I thought 🤔
Yeah I've listened to his podcast, only the episodes where he speaks about strictly cant be arsed listening to anything else he says :ROFLMAO:

No way he would have accepted if he was offered to come back in the first place, can you imagine how the public would have reacted?!?!? Cant you let the show go!!! lol

Supposedly Kai Widdrington was supposed to be joining as a new british male pro once Kevin and AJ left but there has been no announcement of that yet if its happening.

Yeah Amy said she suggested a dance to the billie eilish song for halloween week and the strictly team said no and look who actually performed to the song........kelvin and oti :rolleyes: **coughfavouredcough**

• Angry
Supposedly Kai Widdrington was supposed to be joining as a new british male pro once Kevin and AJ left but there has been no announcement of that yet if its happening.
I believe that Kai filled in for some of the group dances to make up the numbers. Maybe he'll be a main pro next year if they go back to 15 couples, he did really well on DWTS in Ireland which I think got cancelled so SCD should definitely hire him.

I had enough of Kevin and I felt that there was a degree of entitlement with him - he always seemed to want to handpick his partner, he definitely made it clear that he wanted Stacey. He did well on the show and I'm glad he left with some dignity but I wouldn't be up to see any more of him, especially not at the expense of one of the other pros. He always rubbed me the wrong way and there was definite favouritism there. I also felt that he phoned it in a bit with Anneka.

I believe that Kai filled in for some of the group dances to make up the numbers. Maybe he'll be a main pro next year if they go back to 15 couples, he did really well on DWTS in Ireland which I think got cancelled so SCD should definitely hire him.

I had enough of Kevin and I felt that there was a degree of entitlement with him - he always seemed to want to handpick his partner, he definitely made it clear that he wanted Stacey. He did well on the show and I'm glad he left with some dignity but I wouldn't be up to see any more of him, especially not at the expense of one of the other pros. He always rubbed me the wrong way and there was definite favouritism there. I also felt that he phoned it in a bit with Anneka.
Kai could be joining this year like Nancy did last year - as a part time background dancer - if that were the case he maybe announced at the start of October a few weeks before the show starts like Nancy was last year. If not then like you said he could be announced next year as full time pro.

Omg Kevin was entitled as they come; he was the luckiest out of all the pro's in the partners he got, even with Susan Calman he didn't even get get a proper duffer. I like that he left the show with dignity as well but I've got a feeling when gets into his mid to late 40's and when one of the current judges may want to retire he will definitely be eyeing up a seat.

Omg Kevin was entitled as they come; he was the luckiest out of all the pro's in the partners he got, even with Susan Calman he didn't even get get a proper duffer. I like that he left the show with dignity as well but I've got a feeling when gets into his mid to late 40's and when one of the current judges may want to retire he will definitely be eyeing up a seat.
I'm sorry but when I read Kevin saying this'll I immediately smelt bullshit. I think he's probably trying to get in for next season and is trying to make out to the fans strictly desperately want him back so the fans start pitching for him. Personally I'm not going to miss either him or AJ. Both made their routines about themselves rather than showcase their partner. And he was an absolute tit allowing the media and fans to absolutely slam Karen when it seems he was as much to blame if not more for their split.

• Heart
I'm sorry but when I read Kevin saying this'll I immediately smelt bullshit. I think he's probably trying to get in for next season and is trying to make out to the fans strictly desperately want him back so the fans start pitching for him. Personally I'm not going to miss either him or AJ. Both made their routines about themselves rather than showcase their partner. And he was an absolute tit allowing the media and fans to absolutely slam Karen when it seems he was as much to blame if not more for their split.
I only liked AJ when he was partnered with Claudia Fragapane as they seemed so natural. I think their popularity together went to his head abit and he wasn’t the same after.

Do you remember when Stacey’s ex came out and said what a snake Kevin had been and what Kevin and Stacey had been up to behind his back? Jeremy vine then said on his show (who had previously partnered Karen) that Karen could destroy kevin with what she knew but had decided to stay silent.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.