Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well I think the Strictly team definitely took on board the battering they got on social media last week as tonight's best of Blackpool was much better. Less talking and less random segments between the dances.

Reactions: 2
According to The Sun Nadiya is another pro who won't get a celeb partner this year.

Meanwhile, Neil and his girlfriend are in the headlines again. Apparently she was reported as an illegal immigrant by her ex.

Part of me thinks nadiya opted out voluntarily so she could be back with her daughter. She’s definitely not in the uk anymore and is back with her little one. I wonder if she was concerned she might get stuck here if things changed and she couldn’t travel home. As for the Neil and Luisa I’m not super surprised this has happened. She gives me weird vibes anyway I can’t work her out.

Reactions: 4
Probably a mutual decision between Nadiya & the BBC - she probably didn't want to be away from her family for the full duration of the season and the BBC were short of tall celebs and I doubt that Nadiya was front of the queue to get a partner as she was kinda anonymous despite getting a celeb each of the past 3 series she's done.

Neil has denied that story and it's probably fake but there is something off with them as a couple. Really odd stuff - no idea why a pro on a show like Strictly would allow those sorts of pics on social media. That combined with his dreadful behaviour on his old IG account makes me glad that he's been benched and hopefully it will lead to him not being back at all for 2021 - I have no time for people like that.

Another one who I think may be benched is Amy - there was an Insta story from Karim of him and Amy having a face time chat and it looked like she was wearing a cast. Hope she's OK but if she's picked up an injury, maybe a good idea for her to sit this one out?:

If any of the younger dancers get pushed to the side for Anton, I'll not be happy. Even in the usual 15 celeb series, I still feel that he's wasting a spot that could go to a young, fresh, up and coming pro. There are no doubt some out there and by keeping certain pros on past their sell by date, I can't help but wonder what we're missing out on with new pros who got rejected so that the likes of Anton can stay for the umpteenth time and do his usual schtick. At least Pasha & Kevin both had the dignity to realise that their time was up and left with a bit of class.

Reactions: 5
Probably a mutual decision between Nadiya & the BBC - she probably didn't want to be away from her family for the full duration of the season and the BBC were short of tall celebs and I doubt that Nadiya was front of the queue to get a partner as she was kinda anonymous despite getting a celeb each of the past 3 series she's done.

Neil has denied that story and it's probably fake but there is something off with them as a couple. Really odd stuff - no idea why a pro on a show like Strictly would allow those sorts of pics on social media. That combined with his dreadful behaviour on his old IG account makes me glad that he's been benched and hopefully it will lead to him not being back at all for 2021 - I have no time for people like that.

Another one who I think may be benched is Amy - there was an Insta story from Karim of him and Amy having a face time chat and it looked like she was wearing a cast. Hope she's OK but if she's picked up an injury, maybe a good idea for her to sit this one out?:

If any of the younger dancers get pushed to the side for Anton, I'll not be happy. Even in the usual 15 celeb series, I still feel that he's wasting a spot that could go to a young, fresh, up and coming pro. There are no doubt some out there and by keeping certain pros on past their sell by date, I can't help but wonder what we're missing out on with new pros who got rejected so that the likes of Anton can stay for the umpteenth time and do his usual schtick. At least Pasha & Kevin both had the dignity to realise that their time was up and left with a bit of class.
It does annoy me that Anton gets picked over the younger dancers but I do understand why, with him being popular with the old nans, he’s never gonna not be given a partner.

It does annoy me that Anton gets picked over the younger dancers but I do understand why, with him being popular with the old nans, he’s never gonna not be given a partner.
No pro is bigger than the show, I highly doubt that viewing figures would plummet if he left.

If he's really that important to the show, I'd say that he should get a spot on the judging panel. Maybe to replace Bruno or Motsi as the "crazy" one? At least he has a background in ballroom I guess.

To add to the Neil stuff, I went through Twitter to find the tweets that had screenshots of his old account:

I thought that if Anton would sit out any year it would be this year as the whole covid thing because he has young children.

I saw some people online discussing Amy could be a potential benched pro this year as she has crohn's disease and might fall under the more vulnerable category.

I just want to know whos in or out and whos got a partner! There was also talk that the pairings will be pre-recorded (like DWTS) not how they usually do it on strictly.

Neil’s behaviour lately has been really really questionable. Not the sort you’d expect from someone associated with a show like SCD.

I saw the tweets regarding that old account and he tried (but failed) to justify it saying he’d been hacked and he’d been “trying for years” to get it removed. Except there was comments in reply to the captions if he’d been 16/17 you could of let it slide but he was 30 odd and definitely knew better.

As for Amy I really hope she is okay and hasn’t hurt herself. I can see her opting out with her condition. However like Nadiya I do find she fades into the background sometimes. She got really lucky with Karim last year (and probably would of won if Jamie hadn’t been injured) but if the pair of them left I wouldn’t be too fussed (as harsh as it sounds)

Reactions: 1
I thought that if Anton would sit out any year it would be this year as the whole covid thing because he has young children.

I saw some people online discussing Amy could be a potential benched pro this year as she has crohn's disease and might fall under the more vulnerable category.

I just want to know whos in or out and whos got a partner! There was also talk that the pairings will be pre-recorded (like DWTS) not how they usually do it on strictly.
Unpopular opinion, but I really don’t like Anton!

I don’t think his choreography is that great, he stands out like a sore thumb in the pro dances next to the other men, and he doesn’t know what to do with a decent partner because he only seems to do ‘joke’ routines now.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Neil seems to be in a midlife crisis. His relationship with Luise seems so fake to me. I also didn't know that there was a 15 year age gap between them and that she had a daughter 😮

I agree about Anton, he really needs to go! I refuse to believe that he's that popular. Haven't watched his dances with Emma last year but I remember lots of people tweeting that she was dancing better than him.
I doubt he will be benched, though. Graziano is probably the second male pro who won't get a partner this year.

As for Amy I really hope she is okay and hasn’t hurt herself. I can see her opting out with her condition. However like Nadiya I do find she fades into the background sometimes. She got really lucky with Karim last year (and probably would of won if Jamie hadn’t been injured) but if the pair of them left I wouldn’t be too fussed (as harsh as it sounds)
I don't think that either Amy or Nadiya ever really fit in to the show so I wouldn't be fussed if they left either. SCD is as camp as Christmas and I never felt that either ever showed a fun side to their personalities (and in Amy's case, I didn't like the way she acted in rehearsals, too shouty).

Plus, I feel that when either have had a good partner - there have been recurring issues that never got fixed like Karim's over dancing, Danny John-Jules's stiffness and then some odd routines by Nadiya for Davood. I think that time is up for those 2 alongside Karen & Janette. Oti, Dianne & Katya seem to be the only real strong links in the female pro lineup (though maybe Luba & Nancy could be good if they got celebs and went further).

A good half of these pros could leave and I wouldn't shed a tear (plus some I'd love to get rid of - mostly Neil & Anton). I miss some of the old guard. As long as Oti, Katya, Gio, Gorka & Johannes all stay and they give Nancy and Luba a chance.

Reactions: 6
I don't think that either Amy or Nadiya ever really fit in to the show so I wouldn't be fussed if they left either. SCD is as camp as Christmas and I never felt that either ever showed a fun side to their personalities (and in Amy's case, I didn't like the way she acted in rehearsals, too shouty).

Plus, I feel that when either have had a good partner - there have been recurring issues that never got fixed like Karim's over dancing, Danny John-Jules's stiffness and then some odd routines by Nadiya for Davood. I think that time is up for those 2 alongside Karen & Janette. Oti, Dianne & Katya seem to be the only real strong links in the female pro lineup (though maybe Luba & Nancy could be good if they got celebs and went further).

A good half of these pros could leave and I wouldn't shed a tear (plus some I'd love to get rid of - mostly Neil & Anton). I miss some of the old guard. As long as Oti, Katya, Gio, Gorka & Johannes all stay and they give Nancy and Luba a chance.
I share your opinion on Amy, even though I feel it is an unpopular one. :sneaky:

I feel like last year when she got Karim she was thinking ''THIS IS IT!!' as he could dance and already had a bit of experience. However I agree that Karim did over dance and it was a case of she should have been trying to make him calm down his dancing insteading of pushing him to his limits. I completely agree with Craig's comments about their contemporary dance while it was technically good it was too full throttle.

Something that also irked me about Amy last year was that she was practically begging to get through to Blackpool, as she been eliminated the week before Blackpool the two previous years. She was saying I think on ITT and with Claudia after they did their dance ''I really want Karim to experience Blackpool'', well yes that maybe true but we all know its because YOU really want to be there. :ROFLMAO: She cant use that excuse this year or any of the coming years as she has now been to Blackpool and the final!

With regards to Nadiya; I quite like her I just feel like she's too quiet which there's nothing wrong with but with a loud camp show like strictly it doesn't really work. (Sort of like Oksana Platero from the 2016 series). I think she did a good job with Davood and with Lee but she was hindered with Lee as no matter how good he danced he was never going to make it far as the public just don't like him (remember him on celeb BB).

I would like to see Neil and Anton leave although I don't think Anton will be leaving until he's collecting his pension lol

Another unpopular opinion I have is that I'm not entirely fussed on Oti; as a dancer and choreographer I think she's great but I do think she has become a little arrogant since the Kelvin win which I ultimately think whichever female pro he would have got he would have won as he was practically a made in the lab strictly winner from the get go. She has already been saying in interviews she knows she won't win this year as she won the year before (a little harsh to the contestant she will get this year before they have gotten started). I know no strictly pro has won back to back but a pro has won twice before (Aliona) so it's not impossible. Plus I think Motsi was a little easier with critiquing Kelvin this year so if Oti does get someone not as good I hope we're going to get real feedback even if its her sister.

Reactions: 5
I feel quite bad for Neil, I think he seems like a nice person. The attention seeking behaviour doesn't help him image though.

This year's line up doesn't look that exciting. I will probably watch it anyway.

I don’t necessarily think the ops on Amy and Nadiya are that unpopular. I think people outside of tattle/Reddit are too afraid to say them for fear of being lynched 😂😂
I think they’d of fitted in nicely in the earlier seasons when it was a little more traditional. There’s a bit more production and wow factor these days.
I think fading into the background and essentially a lack of personality is why Chloe Hewitt was let go(was never sure if it was her decision or if she was told she wasn’t having her contract renewed)
I find her really forgettable and again just wasn’t a strictly dancer. I think she only got the gig because of BGT and being Ajs partner.

I do feel as though we’ll loose potentially Janette/Karen maybe some of the guys this year. I think it’s time a few moved on (especially the female pros who want kids) I think Dianne/Katya/Oti got a couple of years left in them. Would love to see Nancy paired up next year so perhaps if Janette or Karen were to leave she’d have an opportunity.

Reactions: 3
Another unpopular opinion I have is that I'm not entirely fussed on Oti; as a dancer and choreographer I think she's great but I do think she has become a little arrogant since the Kelvin win
Yes! To be honest I never saw the hype with Oti, until I saw her trio on the TGD final last year where I was like wow okay this is why she is hyped up. She does really annoy me though she does have the I’m the best attitude and it came across so badly on TGD

Reactions: 3
Plus some of the ‘young up and comings’ have proved themselves to be poor at mentoring and choreographing for the less-than-talented celebs.

Yes! To be honest I never saw the hype with Oti, until I saw her trio on the TGD final last year where I was like wow okay this is why she is hyped up. She does really annoy me though she does have the I’m the best attitude and it came across so badly on TGD
She is a great dancer and choreographer and I'm glad she finally did win but there is a degree of hubris there, possibly partly because the BBC have basically made her the face of the show and have given her many other gigs outside it in the off-season. Part of me would be interested to see how she would react to getting someone like a 65 year old newsreader as she strikes me as very determined and not a good fit for a celeb that won't train that hard.

I don’t necessarily think the ops on Amy and Nadiya are that unpopular. I think people outside of tattle/Reddit are too afraid to say them for fear of being lynched 😂😂
I think they’d of fitted in nicely in the earlier seasons when it was a little more traditional. There’s a bit more production and wow factor these days.
I think fading into the background and essentially a lack of personality is why Chloe Hewitt was let go(was never sure if it was her decision or if she was told she wasn’t having her contract renewed)
I find her really forgettable and again just wasn’t a strictly dancer. I think she only got the gig because of BGT and being Ajs partner.

I do feel as though we’ll loose potentially Janette/Karen maybe some of the guys this year. I think it’s time a few moved on (especially the female pros who want kids) I think Dianne/Katya/Oti got a couple of years left in them. Would love to see Nancy paired up next year so perhaps if Janette or Karen were to leave she’d have an opportunity.
I'm glad I can say my opinion about Amy on here lol

I think Chloe Hewitt was let go because well first of all her, AJ and Neil were only recruited as part time dancers in the first place so they were never guaranteed a partner. It just so happened they cast Claudia Fragapane late on and she needed a partner hence she got AJ and the rest was history.
Plus I think with Chloe being so young her being paired with a guy older than her having to do more of the sexy, romantic numbers may have come across weird. She probably would have only suited a Karim or HRVY partner and they dont come along that often.

I think Janette still coming on to the show is the biggest surprise as she is 36 and has expressed she wants children so hopefully this year maybe her last. Karen; I'm not sure she wants kids so her being 38 you could still get another 3/4 years out of her still. I think we still have a good number of years of Dianne/Katya/Oti/Amy with them only being 31/30/29. Nancy, I'm unsure of still only reason being is her english is not that clear, I've heard her talk on ITT and she's not that pronounced. Maybe strictly want her to live in the UK and get a hang of it more for a while before they give her a partner.

She is a great dancer and choreographer and I'm glad she finally did win but there is a degree of hubris there, possibly partly because the BBC have basically made her the face of the show and have given her many other gigs outside it in the off-season. Part of me would be interested to see how she would react to getting someone like a 65 year old newsreader as she strikes me as very determined and not a good fit for a celeb that won't train that hard.
I feel Oti has gotten the easier hand with partners over the years and hasn't got a real duffer yet so I would love for her to get that partner sometime. I'm worried that because she is now more of a household name with strictly and the Greatest Dancer that the strictly team will always keep her somewhat in the forefront.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.