Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seeing DWTS last night makes me wish that SCD was back sooner...

Couldn't they have done a 13 week series like normal and just scrapped the pro dances? Were the pro dances ever that popular anyway?
The pro/group large scale dances are pretty much the only bits I sit and watch properly! I love to see the choreography of a big group like that and what clever things they do.

I pretty much fast forward through all the Tess and Claudia nonsense bits (50% of the show is completely skippable by avoiding those two bleathering on). I'll watch a few of the couples dances if they are celebs I am interested in (or even know who they are?!), and stop to hear Craig and Bruno's banter about those few. Generally skip Shirley and Motsi comments too, have little interest in what either of them have to contribute. Gutted that Darcey stepped down from judging, I adored her!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The pro/group large scale dances are pretty much the only bits I sit and watch properly! I love to see the choreography of a big group like that and what clever things they do.

I pretty much fast forward through all the Tess and Claudia nonsense bits (50% of the show is completely skippable by avoiding those two bleathering on). I'll watch a few of the couples dances if they are celebs I am interested in (or even know who they are?!), and stop to hear Craig and Bruno's banter about those few. Generally skip Shirley and Motsi comments too, have little interest in what either of them have to contribute. Gutted that Darcey stepped down from judging, I adored her!
Haha...this is exactly what I do!

Reactions: 2
I’ve applied for tickets only because it said if you get a ticket you are guaranteed a seat, doing it differently this year

Reactions: 2
I’ve applied for tickets only because it said if you get a ticket you are guaranteed a seat, doing it differently this year
Good luck! (y)

I saw on bbc breakfast yesterday a tv critic talking recently about strictly and he said he is actually looking forward to there being less of an audience as normally ever year the audience is packed in like sardines so it will make a nice change this series. :)

Reactions: 1
If you had the opportunity to be a contestant on Strictly, would you do it?
Do you mean if I was a celebrity or let's say they did a civilian episode?

To answer both than yes definitely!

I mean if I was an A-list celeb like a well known singer or actor then no but if I was a celeb looking to give their career a kick start or if opportunities had dwindled than why not.

The pay is the best of all the reality/competing shows as its the BBC plus its the most well loved by the public.

On the ticket draw page it says
"All audience members will be required to wear face coverings throughout the recording and when on site at Elstree. We would be grateful if you could bring plain black face coverings."

That's going to look bloody weird on TV everyone sitting there with their face nappies on.

On the ticket draw page it says
"All audience members will be required to wear face coverings throughout the recording and when on site at Elstree. We would be grateful if you could bring plain black face coverings."

That's going to look bloody weird on TV everyone sitting there with their face nappies on.
Yes but that’s understandable as it’s an indoor venue so to be expected. I don’t have a problem wearing a mask 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I doubt she'll get her as Nicola wants to lead and have a shorter partner while Katya is an inch taller. I'd definitely think that Katya would be a good partner for her but I think Nicola is a big enough signing for her request to be granted, especially given the circumstances.

I just hope that Katya doesn't get Bill - the show's penchant for giving her a middle aged comedy contestant has got old now.

No thanks! I've never really got the appeal of seeing Strictly in the studio as the seats look really uncomfortable and they also take your phone away from you (which I would object to). The face masks for the full duration of the show would make it a definite no for me.

I do like seeing the tours every now and then though.
I’ve been in the audience and it is really uncomfortable. Plus it’s a long night - we had to get there for 3.30 and we didn’t get out until 11. The only refreshments they give us was a small pack of biscuits and a Capri Sun - good job we had a filling lunch. We joined the queue at 2.30am and we were 27 and 28 when we got our tickets stamped at the back of 9am.

We were staying at a hotel and left our phones there, which we had no problem with - they can’t contain the Strictly Spoiler so they’ve no chance if hundreds of people had their phones with them! The warm-up guy kept talking about the Strictly Spolier so I think it’s him 😉

It was tiring, expensive and there is very little room to move when you’re there...but it was a great experience to see the dancing live but also how it all works.

Reactions: 3
Anyone know when it is starting?
The first show which is pre-recorded will air the 17th October then the first live show will air the 24th October.

Leading up to this strictly are airing a best of strictly series this saturday with movie week, followed by musicals week, blackpool week then the final week.

The first show which is pre-recorded will air the 17th October then the first live show will air the 24th October.

Leading up to this strictly are airing a best of strictly series this saturday with movie week, followed by musicals week, blackpool week then the final week.
Thank you!

Is it just me that's not keen on Nicola Adams? Shes very cheesy and has always gone to every little event going. She makes me cringe.

Reactions: 5
If you had the opportunity to be a contestant on Strictly, would you do it?
Definitely. It would be such a great way to get fit, as well being able to wear such glamorous costumes. I wouldn’t care if I ballsed up a dance, just being out there would be fabulous. 🤣💃🏼💃🏼🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.