Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #6 The Aftermath

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The costume, hair and make-up budget must be astronomical so something may have to give
Whilst it’s probably sizeable I don’t think it’s necessarily as big as you think. Most of the basic outfits get reused either in another European version or in another series of strictly. For instance hrvy wore some of Joe Suggs basics. Stuff like traditional waltz tails will get reused every year (just with minor alterations)
DSI who make everything sell what they can’t or don’t want to reuse. There’s a lot of high street than gets customised (almost certain I’ve spotted primark men’s shirts in some group dances)

Reactions: 3
They could cut the bill if they gave everybody one pair of ballroom and one pair of Latin shoes, rather than constantly different ones which must be a nightmare to keep breaking in.

For the men, give them one set of tails, perhaps a Dokman suit, and a pair of Latin trousers, then you just change the Latin shirt.

Whilst it’s probably sizeable I don’t think it’s necessarily as big as you think. Most of the basic outfits get reused either in another European version or in another series of strictly. For instance hrvy wore some of Joe Suggs basics. Stuff like traditional waltz tails will get reused every year (just with minor alterations)
DSI who make everything sell what they can’t or don’t want to reuse. There’s a lot of high street than gets customised (almost certain I’ve spotted primark men’s shirts in some group dances)
Thanks @Guitarwarrior thats really good to know! I wrongly assumed they were worn once and kept by the guests and pros

In Week 1 of the 2016 series, I wouldn't have been surprised to have found out that most of the male clothes were from the BHS closing down sale.
Wardrobe can be hit or miss, some things they obviously invest into but there are sometimes stuff on the cheap and it doesn't always fit dancing.

Thanks @Guitarwarrior thats really good to know! I wrongly assumed they were worn once and kept by the guests and pros
No problem. There’s a small amount that doesn’t get or can’t be reused that gets sold in a charity sale at the end of the series but this usually the really unusable stuff so sometimes a dancer or celeb can get their outfits back. Dianne bought Joe some of his outfits and I think now they’ve moved he wants to frame them.

Reactions: 1
Genuinely don't know if I can handle watching Denise Welch's acting abilities (since when was she in Hollyoaks 😂) alongside our beloved Pritchard brothers, even for a laugh😰

Genuinely don't know if I can handle watching Denise Welch's acting abilities (since when was she in Hollyoaks 😂) alongside our beloved Pritchard brothers, even for a laugh😰
Shes actually terrible!
Wasn't she in Corrie 103 years ago and not as terrible at acting as she apparently now is?!

Shes actually terrible!
Wasn't she in Corrie 103 years ago and not as terrible at acting as she apparently now is?!
She was horrendous in Waterloo Road tbh. I rewatched it a few years ago and I was cringing at how awful she was. It's like watching Denise Welch herself read off a script rather than her playing a convincing character 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.