Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #6 The Aftermath

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve not been watching but I imagine karims cringe factor comes from being in the awkward position of trying to transition out of kids tv into mainstream adult tv.

Reactions: 4
Janette was apparently presenting a live programme on BBC1 yesterday with Gethin Jones. I wonder if this is the start of her building up for her post-Strictly career.

Did anyone see it?

Tina would be the best one from that list - she wants to do the show and has plenty of dance skill.

Can we imagine Van Tam or any of the other COVID team on SCD?

So Bruno isn't back judging in person this year but possibly may still be getting paid (by licence fee payers money) to do cameos while we have a 3 judge panel:

🤬

• Angry
Reactions: 1
So Bruno isn't back judging in person this year but possibly may still be getting paid (by licence fee payers money) to do cameos while we have a 3 judge panel:

🤬
Literally so unneccesary. We want karen hardy!!!

Reactions: 5
Some 2021 rumours:

- Jonathan van Tam
- Ben Shepherd
- Baga Chipz
- Maya Jama
- Tina Barrett
- Nicola Adams (again)
I've got some vague recollection that Ben Sheppard said he wouldn't do Strictly because he's got a degree in dancing i.e he's a ringer!!! However my memory is well dodgy now so I might have dreamed it 🤪🤪🤪

I've got some vague recollection that Ben Sheppard said he wouldn't do Strictly because he's got a degree in dancing i.e he's a ringer!!! However my memory is well dodgy now so I might have dreamed it 🤪🤪🤪
Did he do dancing on ice back in the day? Or did he just host the sister show? I feel like male ringers get an easier time if they're attractive - the public didn't really warm to Karim (I thought he was great tbh but I can see why people thought he was a tad over-confident and 'theatre kid') but I think most of us are Danny Mac obsessed. There is definitely a lot of misogyny but that's probably a convo for a different day 😂

Reactions: 2
Did he do dancing on ice back in the day? Or did he just host the sister show? I feel like male ringers get an easier time if they're attractive - the public didn't really warm to Karim (I thought he was great tbh but I can see why people thought he was a tad over-confident and 'theatre kid') but I think most of us are Danny Mac obsessed. There is definitely a lot of misogyny but that's probably a convo for a different day 😂
There's less hate thrown at male ringers (though interestingly, not much at Faye Tozer or Caroline Flack either) but they are just as unlikely to win as female ones. For some reason, the GBP settle for fairly average winners a lot of the time (Joe M, Stacey, Bill - all real uninspired winners IMO). Jay is the only male ringer in 'recent' years to have won and there wasn't really much compelling competition that year. The moment he did the Jive, the trophy was his.

I think people liked Danny Mac because of his looks. If you're attractive to the main audience, you'll get away with it more. Karim still looked young for his age so not quite the same appeal.

Reactions: 2
There's less hate thrown at male ringers (though interestingly, not much at Faye Tozer or Caroline Flack either) but they are just as unlikely to win as female ones. For some reason, the GBP settle for fairly average winners a lot of the time (Joe M, Stacey, Bill - all real uninspired winners IMO). Jay is the only male ringer in 'recent' years to have won and there wasn't really much compelling competition that year. The moment he did the Jive, the trophy was his.

I think people liked Danny Mac because of his looks. If you're attractive to the main audience, you'll get away with it more. Karim still looked young for his age so not quite the same appeal.
I was such a huge Danny Mac fan when he was on Hollyoaks (for his looks more than his character ngl) so I was ecstatic when he was announced. Luckily he exceeded my high expectations and I think even though he's so fit, he genuinely is the best celeb they've ever had.
I think some of the female soap stars have been underwhelming in recent years, not including Maisie (Catherine Tyldesley and Emma Barton come to mind) whereas I've preferred the female non-dancers like Anita Rani, Clara Amfo and Claudia Fragipane.
It is kind of hit or miss - some predicted ringers don't deliver and we get some surprise middle-of-the-roaders but you do get more of the 'god she's full of herself, too overconfident and cocky' comments when it's a beautiful woman ringer which is eye-roll worthy to say the least in this day and age. It would be interesting to see Maya Jama on the show as she's easily one of the most attractive women in the business rn but some people are fed up of her already. I'd love to see Emma Willis but I don't think she'd do it :(

🤬
So nice that the producers have not listened a jot to those of us who watch the show
😡😡😡😡

🤬
What a mistake if true. His time on Strictly is done. Just give Anton the role.

Reactions: 6
What a mistake if true. His time on Strictly is done. Just give Anton the role.
It's not just that (Anton taking on Bruno's role would be my preferred outcome) but more that it feels so tone deaf to pay someone so much money (out of our pockets through the licence fee) for such short pointless contributions. It would annoy me anyway but the fact that it's happening during a pandemic when some people aren't making any money (especially in the entertainment industry) and meanwhile, he is earning in the 6 figures for DWTS.

Similarly - they can't have him flying between London & LA every week in this era.

It frustrates me that we have such idiotic producers who run Strictly now.

Reactions: 4
What pisses me off with it is that he’ll be getting a six figure pay check for a five minute appearance via zoom whilst the dancers (who could potentially have to isolate away from family again) won’t get the pay rise they actually deserve. They’re the ones doing the actual work. Give his chair to Anton or another ex pro (or have a rotation of two/three) and leave Bruno to states.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.