Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #6 The Aftermath

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope that doesn't happen. Nothing against Karen and she is great at bringing out her partners personalities but don't think she really brings enough to the table to justify that many more series (not singling her out in particular, a lot of pros have an expiry date of 8-10 series), I'd give her one last roll of the dice this year and then let someone new have the chance in her place.
Fair enough! Intrigued whether Brendan would still be there if he wasn't axed. Maybe an unpopular opinion but I don't see much wrong with there being a few long serving male & female pros aslong as they're still putting in the effort. I really can't imagine Karen will be there in another 7 years (that interview was before the 2020 series) I mean will Strictly still even be a thing then but 2-3 more I think is probable.

So Caroline thinks there was no justification for our reaction to her behaviour in the Cha Cha:

Ugh truly don't think i've detested a contestant this much since A*n W*ddecombe :sick:

Reactions: 4
Fair enough! Intrigued whether Brendan would still be there if he wasn't axed.
Strictly was an easy meal ticket so he may have elected to stay a bit longer but then again, he wasn't really giving it his all in later series and seemed over it so I'm not so sure he'd still be there. Probably for the best as we get Johannes in his place instead.

Ugh truly don't think i've detested a contestant this much since A*n W*ddecombe :sick:
I think it would be a tall order for Strictly to find anyone more odious than homophobic Widdy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Caroline honey, it is nothing to do with Johannes and the colour of his skin and all down to you and your inflated ego and bad attitude.

Honestly, if we could have kept JoJo and sent you home we would have.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Caroline honey, it is nothing to do with Johannes and the colour of his skin and all down to you and your inflated ego and bad attitude.

Honestly, if we could have kept JoJo and sent you home we would have.
Abso-lu-tely !

He could have danced on his own every week until the final and we'd have enjoyed it more.

Her attitude regarding this ought to explain why we don't like her to the people who couldnt understand why we don't like her.

What always made me smile was how she clearly expected more favourable comments from the judges than she got.
Her expression was one of "well you might think that but I know I'm awesome so I dont care what you say."

She obviously thought we would all be overawed at how she could lift her legs so high because she had that oh-so-smug facial expression which meant, "look at my leg elevation! Arent I just marvellous"

And no-one mentioned it. Not one judge, ever.
Quite simply she is far more pleased with herself than anyone else could be pleased with her.

Big headed, sarcastic, passive-aggressive and with an attitude of "Im right and you're wrong."

Other than that, she's okay :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Abso-lu-tely !

He could have danced on his own every week until the final and we'd have enjoyed it more.

Her attitude regarding this ought to explain why we don't like her to the people who couldnt understand why we don't like her.

What always made me smile was how she clearly expected more favourable comments from the judges than she got.
Her expression was one of "well you might think that but I know I'm awesome so I dont care what you say."

She obviously thought we would all be overawed at how she could lift her legs so high because she had that oh-so-smug facial expression which meant, "look at my leg elevation! Arent I just marvellous"

And no-one mentioned it. Not one judge, ever.
Quite simply she is far more pleased with herself than anyone else could be pleased with her.

Big headed, sarcastic, passive-aggressive and with an attitude of "Im right and you're wrong."

Other than that, she's okay :ROFLMAO:
and to say she'd never watched it before - bollocks!!

Reactions: 5
I think it’s so interesting when a celebrity comes out of Strictly with a worse public perception than they did going in. The whole point of Strictly for many celebs is to boost their platform and get more work so I secretly love it when it backfires!

I think this happened with Caroline. Both my parents loved her going in but thought she came across as so self-absorbed and they don’t want to watch anything she’s in!

I think this happened with Danny John Jules too (but I think Amy had a part to play in that downfall) and also Jan Ravens! I don’t know if anyone remembers her but hit out a little at Craig for saying she wasn’t very good.
Does anyone remember anyone else who came across really badly on Strictly?

The Jan Ravens bit can be seen from 3:00 in this!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think it’s so interesting when a celebrity comes out of Strictly with a worse public perception than they did going in. The whole point of Strictly for many celebs is to boost their platform and get more work so I secretly love it when it backfires!

I think this happened with Caroline. Both my parents loved her going in but thought she came across as so self-absorbed and they don’t want to watch anything she’s in!

I think this happened with Danny John Jules too (but I think Amy had a part to play in that downfall) and also Jan Ravens! I don’t know if anyone remembers her but hit out a little at Craig for saying she wasn’t very good.
Does anyone remember anyone else who came across really badly on Strictly?

The Jan Ravens bit can be seen from 3:00 in this!

I really enjoyed watching that clip, thankyou!

All Jan did was make herself look mardy.
Quention and Fiona etc took the criticism on the chin and came out of it much better thought of.

And yes, going on the show does have the opposite of the intended effect for some celebs.

Whatever happened to Chris Parker?

Reactions: 2
Remember when Pamela Stephenson and Ann Widdecombe were both on the same season of Strictly? two years difference in age and Ann looked like she was old enough to be her Mum.

• Haha
So Caroline thinks there was no justification for our reaction to her behaviour in the Cha Cha:

Gawd, what a dose she is (as we say in Ireland)🙄
How rude to imply that she only did Strictly because she had nothing better to do.
"I'm a theatre actress, you know". Ya don't say 🙄 you only told us every week 😅

Reactions: 5
Will you guys be watching Dancing on Ice tonight?
No,
I don't enjoy it.
Too shouty for one, and two, Phillip Schofield is on it and I stopped watching him on anything since he elbowed Fern out of "This Morning."

If he ever does Strictly it will be problematic for me. I'd either have to record and watch later so I could fast forward him or I'd have to grin and bear it during his dances.

I might watch DOI on catch up - I'd like to see the skating (and it's a good cast this year), just not interested in watching the Schofield show again, dislike the god awful judging panel and the constant adverts. Also not committing to watching it much this year because ITV seem to thrive on controversies like GC and then Caprice-gate which was uncomfortable to watch.

6pm start too early as well.

There isn’t the same warmth with DOI as there is with Strictly. Could be something to do with the ice idk.

There have been a couple of Strictly seasons I only dipped in and out of, 2017 for example. However I still knew who was in it, who was being knocked out and potential finalists etc. DOI could run through a whole season and I wouldn’t notice. Also with Strictly you’d nearly come back to see the pros each week because you know them but not with the DOI pros. I used to like it back in the day but it dosent grab my attention at all compared to Strictly.

You’d spend your week looking forward to Strictly but wouldn’t be fussed if you missed DOI. Just my opinion of course.

There isn’t the same warmth with DOI as there is with Strictly. Could be something to do with the ice idk.

There have been a couple of Strictly seasons I only dipped in and out of, 2017 for example. However I still knew who was in it, who was being knocked out and potential finalists etc. DOI could run through a whole season and I wouldn’t notice. Also with Strictly you’d nearly come back to see the pros each week because you know them but not with the DOI pros. I used to like it back in the day but it dosent grab my attention at all compared to Strictly.

You’d spend your week looking forward to Strictly but wouldn’t be fussed if you missed DOI. Just my opinion of course.
The DOI pros seem to change every year so you don't get to 'know' them like strictly. There's only a few I recognise. No Sylvian ☹ and bloody Matt Evers AGAIN.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.