Strictly Come Dancing 2019

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As much as I respect Shirley Ballas, I feel she has made some terrible/inconsistent judging decisions so far this series.
But I’ve also always thought that it’s fixed, pushing certain BBC agendas. Eg Dooley winning last year and then coincidentally being on that newly launched make up show and having another series of documentaries.

Reactions: 12
As much as I respect Shirley Ballas, I feel she has made some terrible/inconsistent judging decisions so far this series.
completely agree, Craig is the only one who seems to judge correctly and the other two I ignore.

Reactions: 10
I love Johannes and Cath but she did forget the steps and had a mare in the dance off! I would have said she was a cert to go through until her dance. Mike stomped but held his nerve.

Reactions: 8
Mike should have gone last week with his awful cringe worthy samba! It was the wrong decision to save him again this week! I can’t help but feel they are keeping Kataya In to try and make her look better after the scandal last year.

I loved watching Johannes. Catherine definitely wasn’t the worst dancer in the comp.

I’m just not looking forward to seeing Neil back next week. I can’t stand a thing about him! And he is always all over his partner!

Reactions: 4
Honestly, Strictly this year is a complete joke, the scoring is all over the place, the songs being used are dire.

At least this week they went back to basics with the pro number and it was it was a proper dance and not an over produced car crash like in previous weeks. The dancers have so much stage presence and are able to captivate an audience, that the all the CGI, over the top props and special effects which have been used this series, like in movie week takes away from the performance.

Also, after seeing Dianne and Giovanni as leads, I do not understand why Janette and Alijaz are leads in the majority of dances. They are amazing dancers, but they do not possess the stage presence of Dianne and Giovanni.

People may not like Dianne & Gio, but there is no denying they owned the stage in that number and they completely captivated the audience. I just think Janette and Alijaz shouldn't be centre stage so often, especially when other pros are clearly better performers.

Reactions: 11
Honestly, Strictly this year is a complete joke, the scoring is all over the place, the songs being used are dire.

At least this week they went back to basics with the pro number and it was it was a proper dance and not an over produced car crash like in previous weeks. The dancers have so much stage presence and are able to captivate an audience, that the all the CGI, over the top props and special effects which have been used this series, like in movie week takes away from the performance.

Also, after seeing Dianne and Giovanni as leads, I do not understand why Janette and Alijaz are leads in the majority of dances. They are amazing dancers, but they do not possess the stage presence of Dianne and Giovanni.

People may not like Dianne & Gio, but there is no denying they owned the stage in that number and they completely captivated the audience. I just think Janette and Alijaz shouldn't be centre stage so often, especially when other pros are clearly better performers.
Completely agree, I LOVED Sunday's pro dance-my favourite so far-because it was good choreo, good music and good leads. There were some annoying camera tricks when it started spinning but overall it was so much better than past weeks and I agree that Dianne and Giovanni need more leads in comparison to others.

Reactions: 5
I agree that Dianne and Giovanni need more leads in comparison to others.
I didn't mean just giving Dianne and Giovanni more leads. I think they both should get more leads. But, not just them. Like any time Nancy was on screen she owned it. It's her first year, so she probably won't get a lead, but she is also an amazing performer.

What, I'm trying to say is there are so many dancers on Strictly who have years of live show experience and who just have a natural charisma when they preform. Like Gorka, Luba, Nancy and Johannes. All of them as well as Dianne and Giovanni should be given more leads.

I guess I am just fed up with Janette always being front and centre. I know she is at the front because she is the shortest, but can't she go at the side or something, cause I personally want to see the other dancers, who are just if not more amazing. Janette isn't even trained in Latin & ballroom like the others, her background is musical theatre dancing.

Why don't people like Gio - out of interest ?

Personally i loved seeing Kevin dance with Alex this week. I cannot stand Neil - I think he's a great choreographer and dancer but he leaves me cold.

Reactions: 4
Why don't people like Gio - out of interest ?

Personally i loved seeing Kevin dance with Alex this week. I cannot stand Neil - I think he's a great choreographer and dancer but he leaves me cold.
Who doesn't like Gio, I think he is an excellent dancer and teacher. He's completely in love with himself, but he owns it and is all part of his charm.

I'm not a Kevin fan, I prefer him to some, but just don't warm to him. Don't get me wrong he's a great teacher, like his waltz with Anneka was good, if Anton got Anneka he would have made the waltz a joke. Kevin at least helped her enjoy the show and dancing. I personally prefer Neil to Kevin, but thats just me.

But I’ve also always thought that it’s fixed, pushing certain BBC agendas. Eg Dooley winning last year and then coincidentally being on that newly launched make up show and having another series of documentaries.
I have always said, and I will say again, that I do not understand why Shirley was made head judge. Craig and Bruno have been there far longer. Personally I would like to see Craig as head judge because I find him very strict and honest.

Reactions: 9
Shirley always seems to have clear favourites and a few she hates, I remember she was always over-marking and overpraising Simon Rimmer as they were both from the same area and last year she barley criticised Joe who certainly wasnt the best technical dancer. Yet she seems to take a dislike to some women - last year it was obvious her dislike of Faye and this year i think she can seem quite rude when commenting on Emma Barton

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Shirley always seems to have clear favourites and a few she hates, I remember she was always over-marking and overpraising Simon Rimmer as they were both from the same area and last year she barley criticised Joe who certainly wasnt the best technical dancer. Yet she seems to take a dislike to some women - last year it was obvious her dislike of Faye and this year i think she can seem quite rude when commenting on Emma Barton
Shirley needs to be given the boot quite frankly, her behaviour as Head Judge has been disgraceful, the favouritism is so obvious and it is unacceptable.

Reactions: 8
Not sure where it's from but saw some people on twitter saying that Craig said in an interview something along the lines of 'all the bad ones are gone now we just have the good ones' which is bizarre since Dev (who he gave 8s and 9s to) and Cath are gone, yet people like Chris and Mike are still there?

Reactions: 7
Shirley needs to be given the boot quite frankly, her behaviour as Head Judge has been disgraceful, the favouritism is so obvious and it is unacceptable.
Erin Boag, Karen Hardy Or Ian Waite would have been amazing head judges!

Reactions: 2
I followed Kelvin and his wife on Instagram long before he was on Strictly. His wife supports him every week on Insta but I noticed this weekend there was no mention of his dance? She seemed to be on a weekend away with a girlfriend but found it odd she didn't mention his dance or like his instagram posts about it, so hope there isn't 'trouble at 'mill'?!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.