Strictly Come Dancing 2019

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching Emma and Aljaz- it was a nice dance but 4 nines? As good as Karim and better than Alex and Kelvin? HECK NO! I think it's the judges sticking a big middle finger up to Dev fans, them trying to prove it was the correct decision. And now Saffron getting 38? Give me a break crikey 😂

Reactions: 9
Watching Emma and Aljaz- it was a nice dance but 4 nines? As good as Karim and better than Alex and Kelvin? HECK NO! I think it's the judges sticking a big middle finger up to Dev fans, them trying to prove it was the correct decision. And now Saffron getting 38? Give me a break crikey 😂
Agree 100% !!

Reactions: 2
Thank god 🤣
I don’t like either of them. The right one went!! Does anyone else find Craig a bit rude? He didn’t stand up once and you could see Alfonso getting annoyed with him 😂😂 I think he only stands up in the final

I don’t like either of them. The right one went!! Does anyone else find Craig a bit rude? He didn’t stand up once and you could see Alfonso getting annoyed with him 😂😂 I think he only stands up in the final
Yeah I saw Alfonso telling him to stand up! Craig is a bit of a rude bugger

Reactions: 4
That’s Craig’s act though isn’t it? He’s been like that since the first series. His role is the nasty judge. Probably has his opinions scripted by the Producers!

Reactions: 8
That’s Craig’s act though isn’t it? He’s been like that since the first series. His role is the nasty judge. Probably has his opinions scripted by the Producers!
That’s what annoys me about people who get annoyed/angry at Craig. This is his act, he is the “Mr Nasty”, but generally he is right with his comments, and it makes his praise more significant because you really have to earn it from him.

If you see him in interviews or anything outside of the judging panel, he is actually a very nice, warm, funny guy.

Reactions: 14
That’s what annoys me about people who get annoyed/angry at Craig. This is his act, he is the “Mr Nasty”, but generally he is right with his comments, and it makes his praise more significant because you really have to earn it from him.

If you see him in interviews or anything outside of the judging panel, he is actually a very nice, warm, funny guy.
Completely agree. The contestants know as well that if they get a compliment from Craig they know he means it. The other judges can be really cringe with their over gushing comments.

Reactions: 11
Completely agree. The contestants know as well that if they get a compliment from Craig they know he means it. The other judges can be really cringe with their over gushing comments.
Motsi in particular for me is a bit cringe, and gushing in finding praise and emotional reasons to compliment, but when it comes to the actual dance critique I think she doesn’t give enough constructive advice sometimes.

The one that infuriates me the most is Shirley. She makes it seem like she is all tough on technique and whinges a lot and then reduces it all with unnecessary comments about certain male dancers and waffles about 'growth as a dancer' and 'energy'.

No I know that’s his “role” and I saw him at the end dancing etc but sometimes it wouldn’t hurt him to be a tiny bit nicer?? It’s a good thing he is real and isn’t over the top like Bruno or Motsi he isn’t biased towards anyone not that I’ve noticed and he is right most of the time I just think sometimes it wouldn’t hurt to praise someone a tiny bit more. He could have at least stood up for will that’s all😂

Reactions: 1
When Craig does give praise - like when he knelt down for Debbie McGee - it means so much. But he doesn't stand up or give 10s until Blackpool at the earliest. But agree with previous comments - it is a scripted act. But actually he comes across as lovely.

Reactions: 7
I like Craig, very honest and gives constructive criticism and agree the other judges can be really embarrassing.
It was definitely the right couples in the bottom 2, David should have gone before Dev and there always has to be a comedy act.

I had a thought... they knew Alfonso would be judging this week and obv wanted a Katya special paying homage doing his dance... Had to ensure kept Mike in hence overmarked scores last week 🙄

I had a thought... they knew Alfonso would be judging this week and obv wanted a Katya special paying homage doing his dance... Had to ensure kept Mike in hence overmarked scores last week 🙄
Alfonso was never going to send Mike home 🙄

Alfonso was never going to send Mike home 🙄
That's not what I said.... I mean last week they had to ensure Mike got through to perform this weeks dance hence high scores which mean in dance off situ judges can justify saving him... undoubtedly he made a huge improvement but a 9 cmon!

Reactions: 3
That's not what I said.... I mean last week they had to ensure Mike got through to perform this weeks dance hence high scores which mean in dance off situ judges can justify saving him... undoubtedly he made a huge improvement but a 9 cmon!
Yes I know, I was just meaning that even though he was in the bottom 2 he was never going to go home this week either doing that dance.

When Craig does give praise - like when he knelt down for Debbie McGee - it means so much. But he doesn't stand up or give 10s until Blackpool at the earliest. But agree with previous comments - it is a scripted act. But actually he comes across as lovely.
I believed this fully until he gave Emma and Aljaz a nine after she got dragged round the floor and Saffron and AJ (I mean it was technically good but it wasn't special in my opinion). That being said I'm not a dancer but in previous times he hasn't given out nines to certain people until the final.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.