Steve’s family vlogs #2 Always in a lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The children have probably had more home cooked meals all week, whenever Rachel cooks its normally actual meals like Lasagne or casseroles. You rarely see her doing chicken nuggets and chips.

Lacey has probably done more school work as well, I think Rachel is stricter.

I am finding it hard to believe that Steve is really isolating in his room though.

Reactions: 4
I wonder if Steve uses his anxiety as an excuse in order to not get a job?
I have no doubt. He mentioned work once and then they had chloe. Now Chloe is in school, he’s making out Laceys autism is worse and that her school education was rubbish so he has to home school and get out of working again. He’s see through

Reactions: 6
Steve's probably loving life being up in his room all day like a teenager! Wouldn't surprise me if he's moved the playstation up there too to play Fifa all day!! I'm obviously glad he isn't seriously unwell with it, but I think he'd like any excuse to be even lazier.

I also wonder what Lacey has been doing each day. Rache doesn't seem to be involved in her school stuff at all so wonder if she has taken that over or not. Maybe Lacey can watch her make another lasagna and call it a cooking lesson 🙄

Reactions: 5
Everyone who tests positive for Covid is going to worry and panic, its normal and natural.

Steve is no different to anyone else.

Most people who suffer from things like anxiety, depression and other mental health conditions still get up everyday and go to work in order to support their families. Although I don't actually think things are that bad for him because he is able to openly vlog in public.

I can understand why Lacey is the way she is when Steve is constantly talking about how worried he is in front of his children.

I think its disgraceful that Lacey has anxiety and paranoia and is having no outside support from therapists and councillors. Do they not want to help her? Its like they have just accepted it.

Most parents want their children to meet their full potential and to succeed and be happy but not this family.

Reactions: 10
The thing is there are people in this country and around the world who probably do have mental health issues like anxiety etc, and yet they have to get up and go to work to look after themselves and their families.
Whereas Steve uses his anxiety as an excuse not to go to work or even go out of the house at times.
I have anxiety and i still go to work and i just have to learn from it and get on with it.

Instead of just sitting around; why couldn’t steve just get advice on how to control his anxiety better or perhaps learn from it and acknowledge his strengths and weaknesses and how to build confidence.

In my opinion, He’s taking advantage of Lacey being homeschooled so he doesn’t have to go into work.
It makes me wonder where the family would be financially is Racheal didn’t work?

Also he’s got lots of times to walk the dogs, but no he’s too lazy to do that.

He uses the excuse ‘we’re not all perfect are we’ for everything. None of their bad habits like not walking the dogs, not preparing homeschooling, freezer dinners most of the time etc are one offs, that’s just how they live all the time.

Reactions: 7
I have anxiety and work. I find it helps my anxiety to keep my mind occupied and interact with other people. I walk the dogs, being outside in the fresh air helps so much. There’s loads he could do.. I’ve downloaded apps, exercise, just be outside, listen to helpful podcasts, read books on mental health, join Facebook groups. There’s so many things out there, but I doubt he’s even thought to challenge himself because he has little motivation with anything else in life.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Steve has 5 children and doesn't work. It doesn't matter that Jasmine is 18, she is still his daughter.

Its not like he is at home cleaning, walking the dogs, cooking and giving Lacey a decent education.

He does nothing apart from drive everyone around. They have even taken their child out of school and she now does an hour of recycled school work everyday if it isn't shop day of course, then sits around playing Minecraft.

Reactions: 11
I think it is really sad that not one of the household has any friends. I’m glad Chloe is a bit more social than the rest though, wanting to take part in school activities! They are all so isolated like the inghams kids and Battista family kids too.

Reactions: 7
I think Steve has let his anxiety fester by speaking to the bare minimal people he doesn’t know on a daily basis. If he ever manages to catch himself talking to a stranger on the vlogs, it’s always such an awkward, short ‘thank you’ or something, he’s never able to start conversation or keep one going. But he’s able to go to all the shops and even vlog in public so it doesn’t make sense that his anxiety can allow him to do that but nothing else.

Steve is sitting in the living room on today’s update vlog!!

Steve is sitting in the living room on today’s update vlog!!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.