Steve’s family vlogs #2 Always in a lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is this new property they live in now owned by the council or are they paying a mortgage?

Reactions: 1
Is this new property they live in now owned by the council or are they paying a mortgage?
I think it's some kind of housing association private rent. Their last house was owned by the council. I remember when they swapped over and had to go to the council building to see what date they had to pay rent up to.

Quite a few new builds nowadays have to have some affordable housing or some available to rent I think, in amongst the majority that are for sale.

Reactions: 3
We all knew that he wasn't isolating in his room.

My friend had the virus last week. The only time she came out of her room (apart from using the bathroom) was when everyone else was out of the house and she wore a facemask and gloves to ensure that she didn't contaminate anything.

Steve and Liam are both very lucky that they haven't been seriously ill with the virus. However they don't know how anyone else in the family will react if they get it as well so I don't understand why they are taking risks by Steve siting downstairs.

Although rare Covid can be spread by contaminated surfaces.

Reactions: 6
Yes housing association rather than council although pretty much works the same in terms of social housing.

Reactions: 3
Steve looked so happy about his freedom as he called it. No doubt they will make the most of it . Take Lacey swimming and out to an educational museum. Maybe a local park to get some fresh air. Or he will nip into Tesco and keep Lacey a hermit at home.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
He loves a countdown! Now it will be the countdown to half term and not having to do the ironing, pack ups and school run. Maybe he can teach Lacey about counting down the days, he could class it as a bit of maths.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
He’s counting down from doing nothing in one room to doing nothing in all the other rooms. What a day!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
He said he'd done his second antibody test. Did one a couple of months ago. Why, if he'd had no previous symptoms? He said he just wanted to see. What a waste. He really is a bit of a hypochondriac.

Reactions: 4
he acts like a few school runs a week is hard work. Would love to see him actually learn the meaning of hard work. Doing a 12 hour shift somewhere .
It’s actually mad how much he hates the schools runs when he doesn’t have to be anywhere urgently afterwards. Most people who stress about the traffic have a 9am shift to get to or are genuinely worried about the kids being late. He just wants to get home for a toffee nut latte and to shove a worksheet in front of Lacey to keep her occupied for an hour. He has all day to prep a decent meal too that can just go in the oven at 5pm but opts for freezer convenience food most nights because of the after school ‘rush’ even though 3/4 of the kids can wash themselves and go to bed late enough that it doesn’t need to be done the second they get home from school.

Reactions: 10
He literally has the entire day to prepare meals and I don’t think it’s necessary to clean a house top to bottom every day…most people wait until the weekend or do it a couple nights a week. All the kids are old enough now not to have massive messes or toys thrown everywhere.

Reactions: 6
You really couldn’t make it up. First day of freedom and he’s straight to Tesco and looking forward to school holidays where he will do what’s he did in isolation for the last few weeks. Absolutely nothing. His isolation showed how he isn’t actually essential in helping get the kids to school and Rachel to work because they managed fine. Hence why he was adamant he needed to home school Lacey so he could stay at home, but it actually just consists of giving her a worksheet and then leaving her to it.

I think he cleans so much to make himself look busy too because otherwise it would show how little he does. It can’t be so necessary to do it so much because there’s so many times he was said he was going to but then said he couldn’t be bothered.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.