Steps

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you read my post, I was saying that the overly right-wing folk were the ones somehow blaming H for Steps' salaries in 1999, just desperate to find something to be mad about 😅 The current transphobia in the UK unfortunately is very similar to the homophobia that was prevailant just a few decades earlier - it's the same idea of othering, the same arguments painting a group as 'dangerous' or 'deviant' under the guise of 'protecting' people/children from 'immoral practices'. Section 28 (which made it illegal for schools to "promote the acceptability of homosexuality as a pretended family relationship" or even make kids aware that gay people existed) was still law within my lifetime and I'm only in my 20s 😕 Not wishing to derail this thread with gender arguments but there's a reason H himself only publically came out in 2007, not 1997. Just because we more openly accept homosexuality now doesn't mean we can pretend it was always accepted both socially and legally to this extent.

Definitely sounds like it's not a perfect software that he's used, which is always the danger with AI. Especially when, with most of the algorithms these days and how old SM accounts can be, most of us don't know exactly who we follow these days. I mind recently noticing I followed a random UK councillor - turns out it was because they used to be a massive Katy Perry fan when I followed them and they had simply rebranded their personal account over the years once they got into politics 😂😂 But ultimately there's probably not a lot H can do about it now, unless he's up for manually unblocking thousands of accounts 🙈

With respect, that is nonsense.
Section 28 was evil and based on the assertion that same sex relationships are perverted. Genuine aversion to gender ideology and being genuinely concerned about women having their own safe spaces is a world apart. You might call that transphobia but it's not.

Reactions: 17
I’ve loved Steps since they were around the first time. I was gutted on that Boxing Day when they split up! I remember mentioning it to a fellow Steps fan friend at school when we went back after Christmas and she wasn’t bothered! 😭🙈
I’ve always liked Faye and wanted to be her their first time round! I’ve never met her, but would love to! It’s nice to see that she is as lovely as she seems. She seems to live a very normal life in the North East.
I’ve always loved Claire’s voice, but the reunion tv show confirmed that she is a diva and an overgrown child.
I think that Lisa seems nice enough, but is very delusional about her own talent! She is a below average singer, but thinks she is Claire’s equal. She is also a pushy stage mum and I don’t think that having your own children front and centre in every production is a great way to run a theatre school/business.
Lee seems very bland and boring. One of those guys who looks good but has no personality!
I’ve always found H annoying and even more so since Steps returned. He was like an overgrown child the first time around and now he treats his sexuality like a personality trait and I think he deliberately does things to shock. I think that he is trying to capatalise on it and get attention for it because he didn’t get it in the 90s and early noughties. All of the ‘I’m a gay you know’ stuff is annoying! There’s a guy at work who is gay and he doesn’t announce it every day in the office - or at all actually. I guess because I don’t judge someone based on their sexual preference is why I find it tedious for it to be woven into everything that H does. Homophobia of course still exists unfortunately, but I think he likes people to be aware of him and he is not always aiming to raise awareness. I’m not blocked by him so far! I’m not sure what his motivation is for all of this, but he is clearly enjoying the attention.
You have answered your own question.

He can block comments till the cows come home. It doesn't change the fact and biology that you're not a woman if you have a penis.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’ve been blocked by H but I don’t care. I didn’t even follow him. He knows fine well what a woman is. He’s used at least 4 Women to have his children. (One surrogate had a miscarriage)
If he is offended by people saying A woman doesn’t have a penis then I don’t know what to tell him. I find it offensive when he says he knows more about periods than women do and when he calls a woman opening up a rape crisis centre vile. What’s he done for woman? Apart from being happy to take more pay than them?
I have had the mis pleasure of meeting him, Faye and Lee and H was a head.

Apparently as well the bot blocker he used was made by a pedalo allegedly.
When and where did he say that? I'd love to read it myself. I'm genuinely disgusted by his comments about periods and the rape crisis center.

Reactions: 7
I wonder what the rest of steps think of all this. Genuine fans have been blocked, and that affects the reputation of the whole group.

Reactions: 11
I'd have no problem seeing Steps in concert as a foursome

Edit … I meant a four piece 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I wonder what the rest of steps think of all this. Genuine fans have been blocked, and that affects the reputation of the whole group.
I’m surprised that management haven’t intervened! Faye, Lee and Lisa in particular would be very pissed off if he messed up Steps a second time! He obviously thinks that he is invincible and can say what he wants with no consequences.

Reactions: 10
I’d like to thank everyone in this thread that recommended Totally Scott-Lee - I hadn’t even heard of it before but last night I accidentally binge watched it on YouTube with a couple of G&Ts…….. Let’s just say, evening well spent! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’d like to thank everyone in this thread that recommended Totally Scott-Lee - I hadn’t even heard of it before but last night I accidentally binge watched it on YouTube with a couple of G&Ts…….. Let’s just say, evening well spent! 😂
It’s a absolute belter of a series, I went down the rabbit hole that is tsl during covid and it’s soo amazing, so many quotable taglines, if you ever get the chance there’s a podcast where they review each show and that’s a great listen too.
#B-list at capital

• Haha
H came across as an almighty bellend on that documentary they did years ago. I felt sorry for the others having to deal with that personality type.

Reactions: 11
H came across as an almighty bellend on that documentary they did years ago. I felt sorry for the others having to deal with that personality type.
Can't remember what one I watched but he went mad about Claire I think it was letting slip he was dating their manager Tim Byrne to the rest of the group. He got a lot of special treatment because of it as well from what I can remember, including getting to fly with Britney on her jet when they supported her in the US but the rest didn't.

Does anyone else remember when the asshole from hell Ian Watkins from Lost Prophets news came out and a lot of people rounded on H thinking it was him? It wasn't just the public either as some TV shows put his picture up when talking about it. At the time, he said he was gonna sue but I have no clue if he did or not.

Reactions: 3
Can't remember what one I watched but he went mad about Claire I think it was letting slip he was dating their manager Tim Byrne to the rest of the group. He got a lot of special treatment because of it as well from what I can remember, including getting to fly with Britney on her jet when they supported her in the US but the rest didn't.

Does anyone else remember when the asshole from hell Ian Watkins from Lost Prophets news came out and a lot of people rounded on H thinking it was him? It wasn't just the public either as some TV shows put his picture up when talking about it. At the time, he said he was gonna sue but I have no clue if he did or not.
That documentary kind of put me off Steps. I think Faye and Lee came off well but H acted like a prick. Claire also didn’t come across great. I thought it was really nasty that Claire was in the position of knowing about H and the manager and having to lie about it to the others. Especially if there was already tension there.

I watched it all a few months ago as well - brilliantly cringe. It was like a parody/ spoof! I quite fancy watching it again, I need a good laugh.

Reactions: 5
I am not remotely right wing but IMVHO, women cannot have penises, men cannot have vaginas and gender ideology is terrifying and dehumanising for women's very existence. Do not conflate this with homophobia as they are in no way similar.
Thank you! Glad someone said it!!

He deleted his JK Tweet because he got a lot of backlash. And then went on a blocking spree.
Feel sorry for the twins having a twit like him for a dad

• Heart
Reactions: 14
That documentary kind of put me off Steps. I think Faye and Lee came off well but H acted like a prick. Claire also didn’t come across great. I thought it was really nasty that Claire was in the position of knowing about H and the manager and having to lie about it to the others. Especially if there was already tension there.
They all seemed to absolutely hate each other

• Sad
Reactions: 2
They all seemed to absolutely hate each other
I agree. I don’t think they actually like each other. And let’s face it Lee is so embarrassed to be associated with Steps it’s painful. I’ve seen them numerous times over the years and aftwr seeing them on that last arena tour I wouldn’t go again. I couldn’t work with a character like H where the attention has to be on him all the time.

Reactions: 9
I agree. I don’t think they actually like each other. And let’s face it Lee is so embarrassed to be associated with Steps it’s painful. I’ve seen them numerous times over the years and aftwr seeing them on that last arena tour I wouldn’t go again. I couldn’t work with a character like H where the attention has to be on him all the time.
Lee seemed to be desperately pushing for them to reform in those documentaries

Reactions: 1