Steps

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah Lee and Faye were the most keen for them to reform. They probably would have needed the money the most too.
I’m rewatching the reunion documentary on YouTube. Faye doesn’t take any tit especially from arrogant H.

Reactions: 6
I imagine H is a pain in the ass to work with. Especially now he’s on a trans tirade.
I get the impression they didnt like each other. The girls seemed jealous of Claire because of her voice and because they wanted to sing more. Their documentaries didn’t paint them in a great light.

Reactions: 9
I want to watch that documentary again now! I remember it kept me very entertained at the time even though I didn't think any of them came across well at all in it from what I recall.

Reactions: 1
I don’t think they like each other at all. It’s all about the £££. IIRC H let Claire take the brunt of the backlash during the documentary - he basically threw her under the bus and let her take the beating.

I do really like Faye though and Lisa Scott-Lee is awful but iconic.

Reactions: 9
I want to watch that documentary again now! I remember it kept me very entertained at the time even though I didn't think any of them came across well at all in it from what I recall.
Its on YouTube still. I liked Faye though she at times was a little jaded about what happened and think Claire at time was probably not in the best headspace. H was manipulative and Lisa came across as been a bit deluded at her abilities in the group. Lee just seemed there letting most of the others speak up.
I do wonder on their current dynamics, suspect the others kind of wish H would stop his political activism as it reflects on them as a whole.

Faye was always my favourite. I just get lovely vibes off her so I'm glad the tea matches up.

Agree that the band as a whole came off badly in the documentary. I haven't watched it in years but didn't they make the girls go to Ibiza to talk it out and Lee just cooked H a really awkward dinner lol.

Reactions: 13
I thought H and Clare came off really badly in that doc. You can tell that H and Lee never really got on as it was super awkward when Lee went to stay with H!

Lisa me laugh when they were in the studio and they were recording their cover of Dancing Queen, subtly suggesting she should sing the first verse rather than Clare: “We could start off with Faye singing, or you know, ME?”

I remember there was a follow up doc that covered the tour but it wasn’t as good and felt like they were just making up drama for the sake of it, with costume issues etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I thought H and Clare came off really badly in that doc. You can tell that H and Lee never really got on as it was super awkward when Lee went to stay with H!

Lisa me laugh when they were in the studio and they were recording their cover of Dancing Queen, subtly suggesting she should sing the first verse rather than Clare: “We could start off with Faye singing, or you know, ME?”

I remember there was a follow up doc that covered the tour but it wasn’t as good and felt like they were just making up drama for the sake of it, with costume issues etc.
I agree. I used to like Claire but she’s the main player in Steps and she knows it!

I think it was in the documentary that Claire said she couldn’t possibly sing live for the entire show. How does she think performers in the Westend cope?

Reactions: 4
That documentary was quite fake. They’d all been friends again for years before they made that. I think that’s possibly where some of you get the vibe they don’t like each other from (they do). Possibly because it all over egged to not seem fake.

That documentary was quite fake. They’d all been friends again for years before they made that. I think that’s possibly where some of you get the vibe they don’t like each other from (they do). Possibly because it all over egged to not seem fake.
I don’t think that some members like each other particularly. Faye and Claire seem close, in fairness Faye seems to be the only one who probably gets along with everyone. Think Lee is okay with Claire, Faye and Lisa but I get the vibe he finds H too much. If Lee made any of the comments H does towards him in regards to one of the girls he’d be cancelled. I still very much get the sense that Lisa and Claire don’t really get on, there’s a sort of awkward politeness between them. I totally agree the programme was forced hostility in many parts but it seemed pretty clear there was a real resentment towards Claire from Lisa particularly and it still seems to be Lisa that makes little comments about the split. I think it’s very much like a family, you love people because they’re family but there’s people you are far closer to than others.

Reactions: 5
The true root of Steps' problems were H.

Knew that the line distribution was very uneven (don't blame them - Claire's got a voice), so goes shagging the manager to suddenly get more lines and spotlight. Would not surprise me if he played the girls off against each other. Convinced Claire to ditch with him, because he knew he had zero chance of success alone.

I think the others could play nice if needed. The other three would be anticipating Claire departing and going solo, and probably be more prepared for when that eventually happened. The girls at least had something unique (Faye skinny, Lisa pretty, Claire could sing), and Lee knew his place. H disrupted that imo.

Reactions: 8
I don’t think that some members like each other particularly. Faye and Claire seem close, in fairness Faye seems to be the only one who probably gets along with everyone. Think Lee is okay with Claire, Faye and Lisa but I get the vibe he finds H too much. If Lee made any of the comments H does towards him in regards to one of the girls he’d be cancelled. I still very much get the sense that Lisa and Claire don’t really get on, there’s a sort of awkward politeness between them. I totally agree the programme was forced hostility in many parts but it seemed pretty clear there was a real resentment towards Claire from Lisa particularly and it still seems to be Lisa that makes little comments about the split. I think it’s very much like a family, you love people because they’re family but there’s people you are far closer to than others.
Yeah I would agree with this. Lisa and Faye seem to get on. They admit they were the ones going out all the time partying, Claire didn’t want to. H also apparently sometimes preferred to stay at the hotel. You can see there’s resentment about vocals. Particularly from Lisa and Lee. Faye admitted she didn’t like it when H was getting pushed forward for verses and she was losing out. Which is understandable particularly as she just found out H was sleeping with their manager. It doesn’t look good. Not to mention H had Claire bound to secrecy about that. It doesn’t make for a good atmosphere.

I think it was H or Lee that said the girls weren‘t happy as early as one for sorrow when they found out Claire was singing everything. I kind of get the impression Claire was of the “Screw you, I’m singing so I’m alright Jack“ mentality.

I imagine Lee finds H if anything even more full on now he’s become so pro trans rights and seems to like wearing skirts and almost more make up than the girls. And there’s nothing wrong with that, but H looks like the type to wear something not because he wants to but more so because he can get attention.

Reactions: 4
I agree. I used to like Claire but she’s the main player in Steps and she knows it!

I think it was in the documentary that Claire said she couldn’t possibly sing live for the entire show. How does she think performers in the Westend cope?
There were a few reasons I was never too keen on Claire... The first was I thought Faye had a better voice and should have had more solo vocals. Then there was the twitch thing she used to constantly do with her nose that I hadn't noticed but after that couldn't help but see.

Then there were the rumors she and Lee had a thing. It was in The Sun so probably BS but I was a teenager at the time and him even looking at someone did my head in. Lastly, and worst of all, my dad fancied her and was forever stealing my videos/CDs and didn't know enough to wipe the history on the desktop whenever he had been on the sites I had bookmarked and when I questioned him, his excuse was he liked the music :sick:

Most of it was stupid and irrational but as I say, I was a teenager at the time so...

Claire was really annoying with her weight obsession some years ago. Constantly in the tabs. I thought it was a shame because she does have a great voice.

I find H to be one of the biggest bellends out there. Must be the most exhausting person in real life, he's just too much constantly with everything.

like when Blue ‘reunite’ every few years even though they’ve been back together for bloody years, did they even officially split?

Just watching this, H is a dick and a proper diva 😂 thinks very highly of himself. Faye is still my fave and feel bad for Lee!

Faye admitted she didn’t like it when H was getting pushed forward for verses and she was losing out. Which is understandable particularly as she just found out H was sleeping with their manager. It doesn’t look good. Not to mention H had Claire bound to secrecy about that. It doesn’t make for a good atmosphere.
Where was this mentioned? H sleeping with Tim Byrne wasn't a secret from what I heard. He then went on to work closely with Simon Cowell at Syco.