Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Disneylover_89

Chatty Member
Always thought Daffyd from Little Britain was modelled on H. I can imagine he gets very outspoken and let’s face it Steps was always highly appreciative of the fact they were valued by the gay community so I can in a way understand the decision not to perform in Dubai. However I have no doubt that if any of them had voiced a different opinion on things he would have been very vocal about it. Realistically a decent earning for one performance, though I guess headlining Pride in Brighton it would seem very awkward to have or be due to perform somewhere where homosexuality is seen be as criminal.
Very true and I did suddenly remember that they are performing at Brighton Pride next weekend shortly after writing my post.

MidnightAura

VIP Member
Where was this mentioned? H sleeping with Tim Byrne wasn't a secret from what I heard. He then went on to work closely with Simon Cowell at Syco.
It’s in the Steps reunion documentary. H himself said it was kept quiet from the band for years. Claire found out and she had to cover for them. Until the day came when she said she didn’t want to lie anymore and H I think I recall saying she blabbed to the others.

KINGAA

VIP Member
Happy for them getting another #1 album, they're the only pop band around these days.

Wish they'd do another arena tour.
So happy for them, I do wish they did more of the anniversary remixes as they brought new life to the songs rather than the songs we have already in various albums / compilations!

MidnightAura

VIP Member
Their families can’t travel with them this time due to covid. They have to remain in a tour bubble to prevent it. Although clearly it hasn’t worked very well cos Faye has it!
Thats a shame. I do feel bad for Faye. It’s a miracle none of the others caught it.

Have a great time people going tomorrow, it will be a good atmosphere for sure.

Does anyone else feel sorry for Lisa's daughter? She's been named Star-Lilly. Poor wee girl
I do. God help her if she can sing better than her Mother:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Although Star Lilly is not as bad as North West Or Apple!

Disneylover_89

Chatty Member
I'm wondering how much money the band will get from it? Unlike ABBA they didn't write the songs, so I would have thought that the songwriters would get a fair chunk?

PeteM

VIP Member
Well, that's quite different to what I've heard. But I guess it adds a touch of drama to the narrative for the documentary...

Kate1970

VIP Member
Yeah! In Totally Scott Lee he proposes to her as if he's been dragged kicking and screaming to do so to be honest. Don't think their marriage lasted long and Michelle has since remarried 😂
Thanks!
I got the impression that Lisa and Michelle never really got on ?

Danni_louu

VIP Member
I went to see them last night and was SO disappointed in it! There was no excitement when they came on the stage. Pretty obvious H loves his legs - was deffo packing a piece 🍆🍆🍆🍆🍆. Claire looked so bored.
Genuine ones lee and Faye

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
I’ve loved Steps since they were around the first time. I was gutted on that Boxing Day when they split up! I remember mentioning it to a fellow Steps fan friend at school when we went back after Christmas and she wasn’t bothered! 😭🙈
I’ve always liked Faye and wanted to be her their first time round! I’ve never met her, but would love to! It’s nice to see that she is as lovely as she seems. She seems to live a very normal life in the North East.
I’ve always loved Claire’s voice, but the reunion tv show confirmed that she is a diva and an overgrown child.
I think that Lisa seems nice enough, but is very delusional about her own talent! She is a below average singer, but thinks she is Claire’s equal. She is also a pushy stage mum and I don’t think that having your own children front and centre in every production is a great way to run a theatre school/business.
Lee seems very bland and boring. One of those guys who looks good but has no personality!
I’ve always found H annoying and even more so since Steps returned. He was like an overgrown child the first time around and now he treats his sexuality like a personality trait and I think he deliberately does things to shock. I think that he is trying to capatalise on it and get attention for it because he didn’t get it in the 90s and early noughties. All of the ‘I’m a gay you know’ stuff is annoying! There’s a guy at work who is gay and he doesn’t announce it every day in the office - or at all actually. I guess because I don’t judge someone based on their sexual preference is why I find it tedious for it to be woven into everything that H does. Homophobia of course still exists unfortunately, but I think he likes people to be aware of him and he is not always aiming to raise awareness. I’m not blocked by him so far! I’m not sure what his motivation is for all of this, but he is clearly enjoying the attention.
You have answered your own question.