Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CookieZippy

VIP Member
I'm sure I read somewhere before that Faye's first husband had said their life was perfect and she seemed to up and leave out of nowhere. Was he just saving face?

LDNtea

VIP Member
I'm rewatching steps the reunion, which at nearly 10 years old is out of date now. Still entertaining though. I think faye comes across quite bitter on it, but Claire won't apologise either so I can see why it's hard for faye. Lee comes across the best and Lisa even though on stage Lisa really annoys me.

I agree, scared of the dark album a few years ago was great and the brand new one is really good too. Videos are so boring now compared to the old steps though! J suppose videos aren't that important anymore !
What happened with Faye and Claire?!

lira

VIP Member
Oh wow Claire had 2 husbands? I always thought she just had the one she has kids with (who was involved with steps wasn't he?) I just don't remember her talking about a divorce which I feel she definitely would. H is so fake isn't he. Always agrees with the last person he spoke to.
I'm guessing husband #1 was the one in the reunion video? Such a negative Nancy, I'm glad she got rid.

Lolly505

VIP Member
I am not remotely right wing but IMVHO, women cannot have penises, men cannot have vaginas and gender ideology is terrifying and dehumanising for women's very existence. Do not conflate this with homophobia as they are in no way similar.
If you read my post, I was saying that the overly right-wing folk were the ones somehow blaming H for Steps' salaries in 1999, just desperate to find something to be mad about 😅 The current transphobia in the UK unfortunately is very similar to the homophobia that was prevailant just a few decades earlier - it's the same idea of othering, the same arguments painting a group as 'dangerous' or 'deviant' under the guise of 'protecting' people/children from 'immoral practices'. Section 28 (which made it illegal for schools to "promote the acceptability of homosexuality as a pretended family relationship" or even make kids aware that gay people existed) was still law within my lifetime and I'm only in my 20s 😕 Not wishing to derail this thread with gender arguments but there's a reason H himself only publically came out in 2007, not 1997. Just because we more openly accept homosexuality now doesn't mean we can pretend it was always accepted both socially and legally to this extent.

Definitely sounds like it's not a perfect software that he's used, which is always the danger with AI. Especially when, with most of the algorithms these days and how old SM accounts can be, most of us don't know exactly who we follow these days. I mind recently noticing I followed a random UK councillor - turns out it was because they used to be a massive Katy Perry fan when I followed them and they had simply rebranded their personal account over the years once they got into politics 😂😂 But ultimately there's probably not a lot H can do about it now, unless he's up for manually unblocking thousands of accounts 🙈

Disneylover_89

Chatty Member
What a joke! Not EVERYTHING has to be about sex and your sexuality, get over it! Oh and there are gay ppl in dubai, some that are obviously gay, they just dont go on about it every second of the day. Jeezzz h really needs to get over himself, dubai prob realised how sh*t they are and cancelled them 🤣 also lisa lives in dubai, so h throwing a strop could potentially put her livelihood and family life over tehre in jepoady, selfish idiot. Also wouldbt that be hypocritical of lisa 🤔
---

Its trendy to be a narccist now so probably y she likes him
All except Claire I would say have narcissistic tendencies, it just shows in different ways.

Disneylover_89

Chatty Member
She looks like she’s a boozer. Puffy face.

Really not feeling the musical. Joe Public don’t know most of their songs and would probably only recognise Tragedy and 5,6,7,8.
I read an article saying that following the aftermath of the breakup and during her 1st marriage to musician Jasper Faye was on the booze a lot. That and the fact that she was foul to him as a result of her boozing and taking things out on him was the reason they divorced.

I noticed the other day that Faye posted something about 'Benjamin's mocks had finished so when an opportunity to get away from it all was presented I took it'. Except she didn't go away with her husband and son she went away with Noel Sullivan and someone else. Just found it weird considering that the past couple of years she has been away doing theatre/touring with Steps. She seems to go away on holiday a lot, like she has to escape all the time.

PeteM

VIP Member
Really not feeling the musical. Joe Public don’t know most of their songs and would probably only recognise Tragedy and 5,6,7,8.
I find these kind of musicals are naff but I think it'll do really well - can't blame them going down this route. Pete Waterman's also involved in producing it - basically putting his name to it, I imagine, and getting a % of the profit.

S4buk

VIP Member
I wonder if the man with the sleeveless pink top, pink nails and blonde highlights Lisa got to pose for that photo was gay?
I’m heading there this weekend so will try and recreate the image…I’m sure I’ll be joining a long queue! 😂

Restless Native

VIP Member
Yeah it's in Claire's book (bought from Poundland in the last year - bargain) - in which, as a sidenote, she comes off as spoiled. Shagging whoever as she was "young and didn't know better" - shagging a guy with a pregnant gf in your early 20s? Right you are miss innocent. The H/manager part was she was sworn to secrecy but the others asked her and she said she may as well admit it as they'd worked it out in a very "oops not my fault" at all kind of way.
What I did love is that Lee acted as personal trainer for her to help her get in shape for her wedding.

Meant to add obv Rhys was at fault too but it seems like Claire just gets what Claire wants.
Wait i thought she claimed to have only had sex with 2 people or something

thatstupidcat

They were one of Pete Waterman’s creations, yes he of the early Pop Idol show fame at the turn of the century. He was the first harsh but fair judge in the line up before being replaced in that niche by that Simon Fuller lackey / wannabe Simon Cowell.

I think Steps got the songs Waterman’s other act, Kylie Minogue, passed on.

Also, like all the other pop group acts of the nineties, they walked away with very little while Waterman and other executives made millions.

hol20x

VIP Member
I get that, I’m similar. I’ve lost count of how many times I went to see Steps as a kid.
They kinda ruined themselves for me when Lee, Faye and H were rude to my sisters and I. Well Faye ignored us completely but the boys were nothing like their stage persona. They do say Don’t meet your heros! I was really disappointed.
I have saw them twice as an adult, once at their reunion tour and the party on the dance floor tour. I don’t remember their reunion tour much except that if they were singing live H was having an off night. Their party in the dance floor tour was nostalgic but nostalgia will only get you so far, Steps were always known for their bright costumes and dance routines and I know they aren’t 22 anymore and certain songs embarrass them like 5678 but sometimes I got the impression in that tour they didn’t want to be there. I have saw a lot of footage from this tour and I haven’t been impressed, the costumes are bizarre, the staging is so so basic and in some songs they look so uncomfortable. Is their families travelling with them? Perhaps that’s why they don’t look so unhappy If they aren’t. I think Faye not being there isn’t helping.
Their families can’t travel with them this time due to covid. They have to remain in a tour bubble to prevent it. Although clearly it hasn’t worked very well cos Faye has it!