Stephmylife (Stephanie Barry-woods)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Steph giving advice of where to go in Italy for a month makes me wanna scream! She has seen VERY little of Italy - a few days driving through the north and a few in Rome, a long weekend in Naples and passing through the Amalfi coast, a pathetic half-arsed pitstop in Sicily and she feels no shame in giving out advice! She's SUCH a fake! I used to enjoy following there and actually thought she knew something about traveling...but their failed trip to south America and their pure lack of cop on just show her up for being like every other insta hun!
Also her saying avoid Thailand in September.....that's only the West coast of Thailand where monsoon is at that particular time .....east coast ( where Koh Samui and Koh Phangan are ) is perfectly fine in September- and quieter because no school age families or students around!
why they chose to go to Bali now, when it's the height of the wet season, shows how little research she actually does and how little she knows about individual areas - she only knows about the few places shes ever been to and extrapolating from there!

Reactions: 6
Also her saying avoid Thailand in September.....that's only the West coast of Thailand where monsoon is at that particular time .....east coast ( where Koh Samui and Koh Phangan are ) is perfectly fine in September- and quieter because no school age families or students around!
why they chose to go to Bali now, when it's the height of the wet season, shows how little research she actually does and how little she knows about individual areas - she only knows about the few places shes ever been to and extrapolating from there!
They only went back there cos, as you say, they only 'travel' places that they already know! Also, all her insta huns are there so it's the perfect place for her! She's a dose! Also, her giving advice recently on night trains and how safe they are - of course they're safe when you're in a locked, private cabin with your husband! I've never travelled in Asia, but I've taken night trains in Europe with other females, and even in groups, it was definitely not safe! She doesn't seem to see that her travel experience is limited (travelling with her husband with high budget) and makes huge, sweeping statements based on her experience alone rather than considering other factors and how it may be for others. Of course her replies are based on her experiences, but she never states that while she's giving her expert advice! I can't stand self-centered bullshitters!

Reactions: 12
It really bothers me when she comments on places being safe for female travelers when she travels with a man at all times. From someone who has used night trains and buses in Thailand (with my ex lol, not even solo) I definitely did not feel safe.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I felt totally safe travelling on overnight buses and trains in Thailand solo female. But eveyones experience is different. And she definitely hasn't a clue what it's like for a solo female. It's a whole different ball game.

Reactions: 8
Not a hope I'd be going to her for holiday advice. We did Koh Samui in September and it was glorious for the 3 weeks we were there.

Reactions: 5
Surely they knew they would 100% catch covid in Bali. Are they really surprised? Sure the place full of anti Vax anti mask people.

Reactions: 2
Why does she have a filter on, I can’t see any difference in her without the filter on Sinead’s story

Reactions: 1
That fake accent in her latest Q&A 🤢 Also, she needs to stay in her lane regarding some of the answers she is dishing out. She has profound notions.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
That fake accent in her latest Q&A 🤢 Also, she needs to stay in her lane regarding some of the answers she is dishing out. She has profound notions.
Yeah think her saying you're not secure as you think you are in your 9-5 job is so out of touch. Some of us like having sick leave, health insurance and a decent pension 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Yeah and some people aren't skilled or talented enough, which is fine,
to earn as much money as they do freelance to buy their own pensions, insurance etc. But being freelance wouldn't work for everyone.

Steph and Tim are highly skilled in a well paid profession that can be done alone on a computer and done remotely. They are really out of touch.

Did anybody listen to the podcast with Sinead? Don't think I can put myself through that.

I don't understand this girl. She's essentially permanently travelling in a foreign country but yet is still reckless and loose with her belongings. She's has so much big ticket items stolen recently and even still, they are leaving helmets on a scooter overnight instead of just brining them inside?! She thinks (and maybe so!) the staff lifted them but like how naiive can you be generally?!

• Wow
Reactions: 13
My daughter lives and works in Bali and she'd never leave her bike helmet outside overnight! .....Steph has absolutely no common sense whatsoever and total disregard for her belongings and these days is a total joke as a travel blogger ....the market is saturated and so many others do it so much better

• Heart
Reactions: 15
People pay this wan for travel advice🤭🤭🤭Shes away for the weekend & forgot her bag..AND leaves bike helmets out overnight🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The only reason she made it as a travel blogger is cos she is tall, blonde and skinny and posts bikini pics in beautiful places.

This kind of blue skies blue seas content is dead and over now anyway.

I often left my bike helmet outside in South East Asia but it was a tit one and I definitely knew it might be stolen. I wouldn't have cared if it was. They are so cheap and crap anyway. You can't even buy proper helmets in most of SE Asia like we have in the West. Like if you're gonna be that careless with your stuff get over it.

They had gone when she went back for them. Tbh I can’t criticise her for rescuing the puppy, she is making sure it’s fed, taking her to vet and is going to try and find a home for it. so many dogs are abandoned in Bali and SE Asia daily if she can rescue even one I don’t think that’s a bad thing.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.