Stephmylife #2 StephMyArse - She’s got some cheek

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've often thought the same. I'd just organise it myself and hope for the best 😅 travel agents are so 1990s 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I don’t feel sorry for anyone booking her tours. Nobody has been coerced into spending. They could all do their own research if they wanted to and see that it’s a rip-off. Steph appeals to a certain demographic. She knows exactly what she’s doing.
I feel sorry only for them because it'll be a crap holiday and. They do deserve it for being so stupid however.
Japan is so much more affordable than many places people think of as cheap in Europe. I paid 80€ for an amazing 4 star hotel in Kyoto. For somewhere like Spain the money wouldn't go anywhere near getting a similar class of hotel in any of their cities.
Book your own trip. But don't get the Japan rail pass. The price has gone up from 30'000 yen to 50'00 recently for 7 days and it's pretty difficult to ever make back your money on that. So many people say the rail pass was great, but they're living in the past when it was 85% cheaper. It's a huge con now and people wait ages at the airport to get it and waste a few days of it using the JR trains in Tokyo that would have cost a few hundred yen a day. Avoid at all costs. Unless you're going from one end of the island to the other with a night in each location, which isn't a good idea anyway to travel that much especially with how many shin stations are a bit out of the way and it doesn't give much time to do anything than rush from crowded popular tourist stop to the next one.

I think it's more influencer wannabes & to be seen on her profile. Travel with Rory does trips for fraction of the coat, meet at x, do xyz and home at Y. I think you book it all yourself but everything included and plenty of options for singles!!

Yeah I didn't get the rail pass either even when it was cheaper. It also depends where you wanna go cos not every route is covered. The pass didn't suit my route as I still would have had to pay for some train tickets. Also I don't like travelling around quickly. A lot of people with that pass go to cities for only one day and stuff like that. Wouldn't be an enjoyable way to travel.

I also think the people who go on these tours haven't a clue about travel and also have nobody go with. Yes, I think it's understandable but they're being taken advantage of basically. If they bit the bullet and tried solo travel they might like it.

Just wondering has Steph ever been to a place that she didn’t recommend? Their South American trip was a disaster but she said they’d a great experience etc etc

Reactions: 2
The other sister Laura Barry is just as thirsty for attention … wonder what it is that causes them to act like this? Are they just desperately insecure?! It’s incessant. Why would someone want to get their arse out like that on a regular basis?! 🤔

Reactions: 8
Why does it blow her mind she has woken up in Bangkok, is she not in that part of the world? 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She's just so so dull. Living in Bangkok ... Thailand content... so boring. How many times has she been to Thailand by now... How mind blowing that you're on a beach in Thailand..

Reactions: 6
I just can’t fathom how living the life they do is in anyway fulfilling as you head towards 40! Like hanging out with back packers in their early twenties, would you not feel out of place? What do you talk to them about? Lazing around, drinking beers, watching sunsets….sounds such a snooze fest, I don’t care what end of the world you’re in! If you’re doing it day in, day out for years on end it’s boring.

Reactions: 5
I find their life exhausting. I'm aware I'm not in Steph and Dim’s target demographic. The constant moving about with accommodation, transport and going to ‘cool’ and ‘cute’ places for lunch and drinks. She's such a slave to ‘the gram’. As others have said, it's nothing groundbreaking and very déja vu.

Reactions: 10
Has she finally realized the way she used to dress in India was wild? She actually used the word "modest" in her stories for the first time giving her clothes packing tips... never heard her use that word before. I'm glad she's giving better tips in that regard , as a female solo traveller though I would still cover up more than what she was showing (e.g. T-shirt sleeves instead of strings)

Also was it actually cold? Or just her version of "cold"?🤭 She didn't mention bringing a jacket. People are gonna need to know the temperature to know what she's talking about. She left South America cos it was "too cold" so who knows ...😅

Reactions: 2
@€1200 for a long weekend in Abruzzo?! 🤯 She must be very well paid from these trips. Anyone who pays that has more money than sense!

Reactions: 1
It’s a Thursday to Tuesday trip and yet she says you don’t have to take too much holiday time. Girl, that’s FOUR days!

I’d rather book four weekdays off the previous week (Tues-Fri) and with the Bank Holiday I’d be able to go away from June 1st to 9th.

€1200 for that is absolutely scandalous!!!

Reactions: 6
It’s a Thursday to Tuesday trip and yet she says you don’t have to take too much holiday time. Girl, that’s FOUR days!

I’d rather book four weekdays off the previous week (Tues-Fri) and with the Bank Holiday I’d be able to go away from June 1st to 9th.

€1200 for that is absolutely scandalous!!!
But you get to meet Tim Nice But Dim probably and also get to see Steph's arse in person. Isn't that worth the price alone?

• Haha
Reactions: 8