Stephmylife #2 StephMyArse - She’s got some cheek

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was wondering how they travel to all these places and don't get sick/dodgy stomach and now it seems she has. Not glad about it but wouldn't it be useful to her followers to tell them how to avoid Delhi Belly?

Reactions: 3
Lol at her sharing the Shein story when she was caught out with her bikinis!

Reactions: 9
Leaving her expensive Nikon camera on a bus....how do these pair not learn and they are supposed to be travel experts doing it day in day out?! How can you keep loosing high value items I don't get it it

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Leaving her expensive Nikon camera on a bus....how do these pair not learn and they are supposed to be travel experts doing it day in day out?! How can you keep loosing high value items I don't get it it
I think it's cos they have enough money to replace or upgrade them without a second thought! I'd be sickened if I lost an expensive item, and they just order a replacement as soon as it happens. They're privileged and only seem to scrimp on money when it comes to flights, accommodation and travelling in general. They visit less well off countries and contribute as little as possible to their economies by eating in the cheapest of places, haggling and staying in cheaper places; whilst also upping the profits of tech, clothing and cosmetics companies all the time 🤷

• Heart
Reactions: 14
That's a really good point! They splash out big time on capitalist western companies but then are total cheapskates to local businesses.

Reactions: 4
They haven’t got a clue! They are such amateurs, how she is supposed to be a travel blogger is beyond me

I heard a rumour** it was Tim who scammed her, he’s been busy setting up a scam business to rip her off so he can afford to leave her.

**I heard this rumour from myself

• Haha
Reactions: 18
How will her post help "save a few people from this scam". She hasn't given any details of how they were tricked or how to maybe avoid it? It's always me me me with her. Also the rent was probably duck all anyway.

How will her post help "save a few people from this scam". She hasn't given any details of how they were tricked or how to maybe avoid it? It's always me me me with her. Also the rent was probably duck all anyway.
My daughter lives in Bali and accommodation costs have rocketed in the last year, since borders have reopened. Naturally the Balinese are trying to recoup as much of their lost income as possible as they suffered dreadfully due to lack of tourists - the only way my daughter could afford her rent was to pay 2 year's rent upfront for a property that won't be completed until January! ...but at least she lives locally and can check up on the build
- when she first went out to live in Bali during lockdown her rent was £600/ month ....that then shot up to £2400 basically overnight when tourists were allowed back in , so she had to find somewhere else pretty pronto and has been living in a hostel for last 6 months as there's been absolutely nothing suitable in her price range . Just shows out out of touch Steph is if she doesn't realise what's been happening in her "favourite" part of the world ....she'll also find it's much busier than last time she was there and lots of cafes/ restaurants had to close because of covid and have not reopened

A drop in the ocean to them, especially given what she makes from her courses and travel planning plus she always said Tim made more than her. It sucks to have any amount scammed though. It doesn't sit well with me at all though how the "digital nomads" flock to Bali and exploit it. I used to follow Janet Newenham but I cant anymore. It just feels wrong to see them all buy villas when local people seem much worse off.

Reactions: 7
She’s a walking disaster. I can’t wait for these group trips to go horribly wrong. People will crucify her because they will have spent a fair amount on it

Little miss save the planet took another flight today 😂 surprise surprise the group trip is Bali, how original

• Haha
Little miss save the planet took another flight today 😂 surprise surprise the group trip is Bali, how original
How long has she actually ever spent on Bali that she seems to think she is now the oracle for all things Balinese?
another "influencer" I follow also had a very similar trip to Bali for 10 women this summer....there must be a good share of the undoubted ridiculous profits for someone?!

Reactions: 7
How long has she actually ever spent on Bali that she seems to think she is now the oracle for all things Balinese?
another "influencer" I follow also had a very similar trip to Bali for 10 women this summer....there must be a good share of the undoubted ridiculous profits for someone?!
I’m not sure but even if she lived there for 10 years she’d mess it up somehow 😂 would you trust someone who was just scammed for a villa with booking your expensive holiday? It’s comical

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Earlier, a week or so ago, when she was on about finding the place in Bali didn’t she say the agent was recommended to her by her friend (Becca Gillen I think!) because it was so hard to find places in Bali these days? Or was it something else?

Reactions: 4