Stardew Valley Game

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly it sounds like you're doing well. Things are generally pretty expensive on your first year I find. If you upgrade a tool, I'd say start with the watering can and wait for a day when the TV says tomorrow will be raining.

I normally spend my first year focussing on the community centre bundles, which does mean I'm doing a bit of everything to get them completed. But apart from doing quests from the help board for money, I don't really worry about friendship until the end of the year. Try remember your person's birthday and give them a loved gift, and put something really good into the luau soup as that'll really help your friendship points.
Thanks, I was wondering what tk upgrade first but the watercan sounds like it would be the better one, I'll keep a eye on on bdays as well, I was trying get seb to be my dance partner at the event but he was for having none of it ๐Ÿ˜… an no one else wanted me either ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜‚

Are there any tricks to the energy with the mine? Apart from food, it seems a lot of energy is wasted just trying to find the ladders to the next level an I need level 40 for one of my quests

Reactions: 1
Thanks, I was wondering what tk upgrade first but the watercan sounds like it would be the better one, I'll keep a eye on on bdays as well, I was trying get seb to be my dance partner at the event but he was for having none of it ๐Ÿ˜… an no one else wanted me either ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜‚

Are there any tricks to the energy with the mine? Apart from food, it seems a lot of energy is wasted just trying to find the ladders to the next level an I need level 40 for one of my quests
I think if the TV tells you it's a good luck day, it'll be easier to find the ladders.

I also use bombs to clear loads of rocks quickly and build stone staircases where I can or buy them using jade from the desert once that's unlocked.

Also you may already know this but you don't need to do it in one day so if you aim just for 5 levels a day or something then you can use the lift to start where you left off next time :)

Reactions: 2
I think if the TV tells you it's a good luck day, it'll be easier to find the ladders.

I also use bombs to clear loads of rocks quickly and build stone staircases where I can or buy them using jade from the desert once that's unlocked.

Also you may already know this but you don't need to do it in one day so if you aim just for 5 levels a day or something then you can use the lift to start where you left off next time :)
Oohhhh I didn't know you could use the lift, I've been trying to dig down as much as I could everytime ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I went over to it the first time an it said out of service so I just assumed it was somthing for show

Am a total noob tbh, but I have been enjoying the game a lot, was almost up to midnight playing it last night lol, apart from fishing its pretty addictive, I just can't seem to get the controls to work for fishing, if I tap X then it's not moving the bar much an if I hold X it makes the bar fly to the top

Ah Stardew is my all time favourite game! I go through phases of obsessively playing it ๐Ÿ˜‚ Currently in Winter, Year 2 with my current farm, I married Elliot this time. Itโ€™s been a really lucky save for me - I had 4 prismatic shards by the end of Year 1! Itโ€™s also the first save Iโ€™ve managed to find a dinosaur egg and have dinosaurs on my farm. Iโ€™m going to try and go for 100% completion for the first time ever. I always get a bit overwhelmed after unlocking Ginger Island though.

Oohhhh I didn't know you could use the lift, I've been trying to dig down as much as I could everytime ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I went over to it the first time an it said out of service so I just assumed it was somthing for show

Am a total noob tbh, but I have been enjoying the game a lot, was almost up to midnight playing it last night lol, apart from fishing its pretty addictive, I just can't seem to get the controls to work for fishing, if I tap X then it's not moving the bar much an if I hold X it makes the bar fly to the top
Yeah you can only use it every 5 levels, so 5, 10, 15 etc. So you have to get to that level yourself first then it'll unlock the lift for you to get back there next time :)

Fishing is quite hard, you have to do lots of little taps rather than holding it. When your fishing level increases, the little bar gets bigger so it ends up being easier :)

Yeah you can only use it every 5 levels, so 5, 10, 15 etc. So you have to get to that level yourself first then it'll unlock the lift for you to get back there next time :)

Fishing is quite hard, you have to do lots of little taps rather than holding it. When your fishing level increases, the little bar gets bigger so it ends up being easier :)
It's good to know fishing gets easier lol, I can manage it if the fish stays near the bottom but soon as it jumps to the top then I've lost it

It's good to know fishing gets easier lol, I can manage it if the fish stays near the bottom but soon as it jumps to the top then I've lost it
There are more difficult fish out there. It's entirely possible you have difficulties to catch some fish!
I got really frustrated tge first time round as well though ๐Ÿ˜… I remember almost crying "I thought this was supposed to be a relaxing game?!" ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
I've managed to catch herrings with different little stars but nothing else an some quest was for a catfish

I've managed to catch herrings with different little stars but nothing else an some quest was for a catfish
You have to check where you can find the fish though. Certain fish can only bebfound in the ocean, others only in the river in town. I think catfish can be caught in the mountains?
Edit: in streams and only when it rains!

For the catfish befriend Linus! Heโ€™ll send you one in the post. Thatโ€™s what I did ๐Ÿ˜‚

With fishing I recommend getting the training rod and just keep catching easy fish to gain experience then start upgrading your rod. Once you get to iridium rod you can attach bobbers, the cork bobber makes the bar bigger so easier to keep the fish inside it

Thanks I'll definitely try all this, I've been trying different places for different fish but never got my catfish an the quest thing finished lol

To be honest, I have never bothered catching all the legendary fish. The process of trying to catch them frustrates me too much ๐Ÿ˜…
I think I've only caught 2 or 3 so far.

Oh, when the Night Market is in town, definitely go on the submarine! You can catch blob fish there, they're so cute ๐Ÿ˜„

Has anyone ever turned there kids into doves yet?
I can't bring myself to do it. I did divorce and wipe my ex's memory already though. I know I ditched you for Leah, Elliott, but we have two kids together, we need to be on speaking terms! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Also, am I the only one who dislikes Pierre? ๐Ÿ˜…

• Haha
To be honest, I have never bothered catching all the legendary fish. The process of trying to catch them frustrates me too much ๐Ÿ˜…
I think I've only caught 2 or 3 so far.

Oh, when the Night Market is in town, definitely go on the submarine! You can catch blob fish there, they're so cute ๐Ÿ˜„

Has anyone ever turned there kids into doves yet?
I can't bring myself to do it. I did divorce and wipe my ex's memory already though. I know I ditched you for Leah, Elliott, but we have two kids together, we need to be on speaking terms! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Also, am I the only one who dislikes Pierre? ๐Ÿ˜…
I havenโ€™t doved my kids, I heard they sometimes come back as ghosts when you do that ๐Ÿ˜‚.

I had back to back kids so mine are both in the toddler stage now and theyโ€™re so creepy when they just stand there staring into the distance together like the shining twins ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
I havenโ€™t doved my kids, I heard they sometimes come back as ghosts when you do that ๐Ÿ˜‚.

I had back to back kids so mine are both in the toddler stage now and theyโ€™re so creepy when they just stand there staring into the distance together like the shining twins ๐Ÿ˜‚
They can run so fast too, it freaks me out! ๐Ÿ˜†
Wish they'd grow up fully and help out on the farm though!

What the heck is doved kids ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‚

I assume the jojo route is much further along cause ive not come accross any of that yet, he did come into pierres an acted like a twit but that's all I've seen of him lol

What the heck is doved kids ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‚

I assume the jojo route is much further along cause ive not come accross any of that yet, he did come into pierres an acted like a twit but that's all I've seen of him lol
Has Lewis shown you the community centre yet? You either complete the bundles in there to restore it or you go to joja mart and buy a membership there which leads Lewis to sell the community centre to Joja.

Has Lewis shown you the community centre yet? You either complete the bundles in there to restore it or you go to joja mart and buy a membership there which leads Lewis to sell the community centre to Joja.
Ahhh OK, yeah I've done the spring stuff for the community hall, thought I had to do that anyway, I'll probably just go down that route then since I've started it an honestly the jojo guys a bit of a twit anyway ๐Ÿ˜…

I LOVE stardew! I only just found out how you get the cinema last week, can't believe I didn't Google it sooner!
I wish my character could live on ginger Island but can't leave the animals for too long (plus Elliott would probably neglect the kids and bugger off to the beach).

At the moment I'm getting really frustrated with the Simon says game on ginger Island, it's too fast for me ๐Ÿ˜ฉ