Stardew Valley Game

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So obsessed with this game. I'm currently on year 3 of my 3rd play through.

My tips - hang on to a prismatic shard of you find one so you can get the galaxy sword. I always make sure my 1st one goes to that.
If you find a Dino egg, save and hatch it.
Confession: I hate Skull Cavern with a burning passion and couldn't get a prismatic shard for ages, so I cheated with the item code and got a galaxy sword the easy way ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm slightly ashamed but not enough to go through the cavern the proper way.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Going give this a try, any good tips I should do at the beginning? Will I need to hoard certain things lol
Focus everything on getting the horse!

Some random tips if there are any newbies๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐ŸŒพ
-Hoard wood and stones, try not to sell much! They will be needed for the farm.
-Pay attention to crop growth times.
-Keep a couple of spares of each crop/fish/mineral/food etc. you get, don't sell it all. The villagers post help ads on Pierre's shop and the spares come in handy; helping vthe villagers both earn you some money and improve relationship with them.
-Try to fix the greenhouse first, you can plant fruit trees (among other things) in there and you won't need to think about the the trees again until you want to pick the fruit. Four seasons of fresh produce. They come in handy as gifts and for wine/jelly in the future.
-Fishing was so tricky for me for a long time, once I got the hang of it, it became great fun. Some tackles make the job easier, especially for tricky/rare fish.
-Make sure you have a couple of silos up if you have animals, and don't cut all the grass in the farm until the last days of autumn. Grass gives you hay for the farm animals in winter. If you run out, you can buy from Marnie but why spend for it when it's everywhere in the farm? Animals also prefer feeding outdoors, so I always plant a bunch of grass in their area, except in winter when they need to stay in the barn.

Love this game, and looking forward to Haunted Chocolatier too. My fave bachelor is Elliot, he's kind of cringe but he's cute lol. And he gives you coffee in the mornings โ˜• From the girls I like Haley's character development but haven't married any of them yet.

I've heard that Shane goes back to his troubled ways after marriage, is that true? If so, that's a let down ๐Ÿ˜ฃ
Put a lightning rod on a patch of grass - stops the animals eating that bit so it can then regenerate

Reactions: 1
Does it matter what farm you start on? I went for the one in the woods since it said it was good for wood, tried not to chop everything down or clear away everything as well, sorta just cleared enough room for my seeds

I keep getting lost in town as well ๐Ÿ˜…
Not really. But each farm has some specific benefits and/or disadvantages.

I remember getting lost so often as well, but after a while, you know where to find everything!

I HATE fishing. I find it so so difficult I just canโ€™t do it
Fishing frustrated me as well in the beginning, but persist! It does get easier!

I HATE fishing. I find it so so difficult I just canโ€™t do it
what are you playing on? I struggled so much fishing on my phone/iPad but find it so much easier on the switch. The person who makes the game is so nice and I get so much use from it that I donโ€™t mind the fact that I think Iโ€™ve bought it 3 or 4 times now!

Iโ€™m poorly at the moment so Iโ€™ve just started a new farm, four corners this time even though Iโ€™m playing alone I want to divide everything up a bit.

I wish I had the creativity to get everything all nice like the photos I see of peoples farms but I just donโ€™t, the same way I am on animal crossing too, just donโ€™t have that brain!

this is the first time though that Iโ€™ve realised I can put a chest at the door of the mines if I want to go in and havenโ€™t emptied my pockets at home, donโ€™t know why I never thought of that before!

Reactions: 3
I always find fishing really easy, it's the mines which I found hard! First time I've ever gotten to the bottom of them ๐Ÿ˜… I've attempted the skull caverns once and feel out of my depths again ๐Ÿ˜‚

Once you get the iridium rod with the tackle, it's so much easier!

what are you playing on? I struggled so much fishing on my phone/iPad but find it so much easier on the switch. The person who makes the game is so nice and I get so much use from it that I donโ€™t mind the fact that I think Iโ€™ve bought it 3 or 4 times now!

Iโ€™m poorly at the moment so Iโ€™ve just started a new farm, four corners this time even though Iโ€™m playing alone I want to divide everything up a bit.

I wish I had the creativity to get everything all nice like the photos I see of peoples farms but I just donโ€™t, the same way I am on animal crossing too, just donโ€™t have that brain!

this is the first time though that Iโ€™ve realised I can put a chest at the door of the mines if I want to go in and havenโ€™t emptied my pockets at home, donโ€™t know why I never thought of that before!
I'm playing single player at four corners! Originally my husband was supposed to play but he doesn't have the attention span to play games like this. But I'm loving four corners! Makes it easier to divide everything. Plus you get your own little quarry in the bottom right!

Reactions: 3
Harvey gives me the ick. Reminds me of Jim from Friday Night Dinner. I have zero hearts with him and 10 with pretty much everyone else ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Am assuming you can play how many years you want an it's not capped at somthing? I see a few of you saying your year 3 or 4 an on a new playthrough, but I seen someone on YouTube that's in year 10, so I assume yous just want to start a new one after so many years then

Confession: I hate Skull Cavern with a burning passion and couldn't get a prismatic shard for ages, so I cheated with the item code and got a galaxy sword the easy way ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm slightly ashamed but not enough to go through the cavern the proper way.
To be honest even with the galaxy sword, I find the Skull Cavern awful haha. I'm sure I haven't always found it so hard but in my current save file, I seem to lose all my health immediately despite being combat level 10!

I have crystalariums creating jade so I can buy loads of ladders from the desert trader on a Sunday and just use them every time I go in there!

Am assuming you can play how many years you want an it's not capped at somthing? I see a few of you saying your year 3 or 4 an on a new playthrough, but I seen someone on YouTube that's in year 10, so I assume yous just want to start a new one after so many years then
Yeah I'm pretty sure you can just keep playing and playing - I'm on year 7 on one game. It depends how quickly you get through everything, you can take it as slowly or as fast as you like. I tend to rush through then get bored and start again.

Is this a good game for a 9 year old? She's a huge animal crossing fan and i am thinking about buying this for her birthday

Is this a good game for a 9 year old? She's a huge animal crossing fan and i am thinking about buying this for her birthday
I think it's excellent, it has just enough adventure but generally very chill and wholesome.

• Heart
definitely - it has a few similarities to animal crossing, and is genuinely just a very chilled and gentle game (with enough little additions to make it interesting!)

• Heart
Iโ€™m on my first playthrough and Iโ€™m in the summer of year 3 and married to Elliot. Definitely such a good chill game. I am thinking of starting a different game now on a new farm but undecided which one to go for.

Iโ€™m only playing on the iPad so donโ€™t have the latest update. Tried to get it on Gamepass for PC but it kept crashing every time I tried to load a save so I gave up and uninstalled it ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

I didn't know they had disliked gifts an I've just been giving Sebby whatever ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ turns out he doesn't like any of it

• Haha
Reactions: 4
What's everyone's stages roughly at the end of the first season in the first year?

Am almost end of spring but feel like I've hardly done anything, everything seems so pricy, all I've got is a chicken coop an some chickens bought, got my forge an some chests an around 5k, I did buy some seeds to store from the spring season as well, an I've a few hearts with like 3 characters unfortunately none with seb ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ also did the plaque thing for spring for the hall

Also I have come to realise how much I HATE fishing lol, am not sure if the controls on the xbox just don't want to work but it's horrendous trying to fish, I just cannot do it, an also fighting seems tough, my character keeps freezing an being hit, hoping once I've upgraded tools things get easier, I've around 5 copper bars so I'll maybe start getting some things upgraded

Here's hoping summer is a bit better ๐Ÿ˜‚

What's everyone's stages roughly at the end of the first season in the first year?

Am almost end of spring but feel like I've hardly done anything, everything seems so pricy, all I've got is a chicken coop an some chickens bought, got my forge an some chests an around 5k, I did buy some seeds to store from the spring season as well, an I've a few hearts with like 3 characters unfortunately none with seb ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ also did the plaque thing for spring for the hall

Also I have come to realise how much I HATE fishing lol, am not sure if the controls on the xbox just don't want to work but it's horrendous trying to fish, I just cannot do it, an also fighting seems tough, my character keeps freezing an being hit, hoping once I've upgraded tools things get easier, I've around 5 copper bars so I'll maybe start getting some things upgraded

Here's hoping summer is a bit better ๐Ÿ˜‚
Honestly it sounds like you're doing well. Things are generally pretty expensive on your first year I find. If you upgrade a tool, I'd say start with the watering can and wait for a day when the TV says tomorrow will be raining.

I normally spend my first year focussing on the community centre bundles, which does mean I'm doing a bit of everything to get them completed. But apart from doing quests from the help board for money, I don't really worry about friendship until the end of the year. Try remember your person's birthday and give them a loved gift, and put something really good into the luau soup as that'll really help your friendship points.