SR_nutrition

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just looked up orthorexia too and you’re right a lot does fit with Charlotte. She is always adding random extras to food to make it more healthy even when the meal itself is fine as it is.
It really annoys me when she won’t just leave Ada to eat and is constantly questioning her and bothering her so she can make content for the gram. Just let her enjoy her meal.
Also it really annoys me that she insists on adding things that her kids have tried and don’t like to the plate anyway, at Raffys age it’s ok for him to not like avocado or whatever, he is able to ask if he wants to try some.

Reactions: 4
I find it so incredibly uncomfortable when influencers share their kids potty training. How would you feel if someone took a picture of you doing a wee or poo & posted it on the Internet?!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I find it so incredibly uncomfortable when influencers share their kids potty training. How would you feel if someone took a picture of you doing a wee or poo & posted it on the Internet?!
Especially given the longevity of things put on the internet 😬

Reactions: 3
Poor Ada, why would you share that photo? I hope when she is old they film her on the toilet complete with details of how often she wets herself and eating her meals while they are questioning and nitpicking at her(actually I don’t because it would be a disgusting way to treat someone).

Reactions: 2
I actually feel disgusted that I've just open her stories to see pictures of her child on the potty. That poor, poor baby. I hope someone takes a photo of Charlotte on the toilet and posts it for the world to see

Reactions: 5
Exactly my first thought. It is absolutely appalling that she gives that girl no privacy. Plus with the amount of pervers around niw a days why plaster your child all over SM.i have reported few of her pics in past where her kids are practically naked as I feel in this day and age you can't be too careful. I think it is awful how some influencers exploit their kids so much. It really isn't fair on the children.

Reactions: 8
Keep forgetting this thread!

She did this with her eldest too. Zero privacy for both children. She’s done a post on potty training too and it’s interesting the comments underneath of people politely questioning if her daughter was actually ready as it comes across as she pushed it. In one comment she says they started encouraging it as she wanted her daughter out of nappies for environmental reasons!

All the info I read around potty training said that there isn’t much point unless the child is ready and if they are ready they’ll get the hang of it in a week or two. Really sounds like her daughter wasn’t and neither was her son from what I remember - it was like two was a magic number to her that they had to be dry by.

Also another example of how nothing is kept private online for her children with no thought of repercussions further down the line, let alone now. It can then add the pressure of expectation to other parents whose children are a similar age and happily still in nappies.

Imagine being at secondary school and someone produces an complete rundown of how you were potty trained plus photos 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Two weeks of pooing in her pants would suggest to me she is no where ready. They use reusables - why rush? It’s not like she’s throwing a of nappies into landfill so the environmental reason doesn’t stick with me. Unless she no longer uses the #gifted cloth nappies.

My eldest was out of nappies just before 2 years 6 months and it took a couple of days of wee accidents and no poo accidents because she was ready, and we never had to carry a potty around everywhere we went. She seems like the type that’s desperate to be ‘first’ At something that even if it’s inconvenient to her eg all the extra washing

Reactions: 9
She wants to be super mum I think, I imagine she is really judgemental about people who let their children eat a more varied and full diet and is probably pushing potty training because she thinks they should be out of nappies by x age and judges if a child isn’t.
I’ve potty trained a lot of children(worked in early years) and it’s so common that parents push it and it just drags the whole thing out and causes upset and stress for everyone involved. There is a wide range of normal when it comes to being fully trained and that’s without including other factors like SEN.

Reactions: 7
Mmm lovely porridge that looks like sick 🤢
Ada is just a child who wants decent food, is that too much to ask??

I had to laugh when she dropped that muffin, it sounded more like a rock cake when it hit the table, no wonder she didn’t want to eat it!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I had to laugh when she dropped that muffin, it sounded more like a rock cake when it hit the table, no wonder she didn’t want to eat it!
🤣 it did!

also rolled my eyes at this… I love porridge and I wouldn’t eat this! It looks solid?! And very dry like you’d struggle to swallow it without gallons of drink

485B9C7A-CBB8-4913-BF82-0BC00B8F6F6E.png

• Sick
Reactions: 6
I take it this is the usual porridge with carrot yes? Vile enough on it’s own and that’s without it being dry as the Sahara.

Reactions: 1
I thought it was fusilli pasta at a quick glance before I read the caption

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I’m new to following her (currently weaning my baby) and it seems to me that sharing so much about Ada’s eating habits aren’t the best advertisements for her books for tips when it comes to tackling fussy eaters, or even with the wholly veg led approach in the very early days. Essentially the takeaway seems to be that some kids are fussier than others and there’s not much you can really do about it, which is fine, but don’t then try and sell me a book telling me what I should do about it!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’ve never seen such solid porridge, it’s rank. My kids actually love porridge but wouldn’t eat it like that. Of course Raffy likes his porridge dry as a bone(bet he’d rather have a bowl of shreddies and a banana!)

Reactions: 3
I’m new to following her (currently weaning my baby) and it seems to me that sharing so much about Ada’s eating habits aren’t the best advertisements for her books for tips when it comes to tackling fussy eaters, or even with the wholly veg led approach in the very early days. Essentially the takeaway seems to be that some kids are fussier than others and there’s not much you can really do about it, which is fine, but don’t then try and sell me a book telling me what I should do about it!
Yes! But it has made me feel so much better about my fussy 3 year old when I did absolutely everything by the book.

Reactions: 7
Ada is off breakfast at the moment and that’s because she doesn’t have much of an appetite in the morning so I’ll give her a huge crumpet, bowl of cereal and a satsuma. Talk about overwhelming! I couldn’t eat that amount and I’m always starving at breakfast time.

Haha I came on to say the same! And she’s back to comparing them! When she posts, it often seems like she is trying to reassure herself instead of giving expert advice. Like she wants people to message and say oh my child was the same!
It’s not unusual for toddlers to be up and down with food, some seem to survive on fresh air, surely she knows that would be relaxed not constantly pointing it out and treating it like it’s an issue,

Reactions: 4