SR_nutrition

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yesssss!! And so unnecessary!! Most of them are so high and mighty! How about coming up with a weekly meal plan for those on a tight budget, or those even tighter on universal credit? Especially as the pandemic has affected so many people financially it would be useful for them to see that healthy, balanced meals can be done on a budget! But that would require them shopping at any other supermarket than M&S or Waitrose so I doubt it would happen.
Shout loud enough and I’m sure Jack Monroe will be up for the challenge 😵💫😵💫😵💫

Why does all of the food she serves look like something that comes out of the back end of a very ill cat?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
We love Ada! I hate watching the videos where SR is constantly grabbing the spoon etc. Just let her get on with it!

Reactions: 6
Does anyone know why she gets her children to call each other brother and sister rather than their names? I find it really odd and jarring, it’s makes me think of weird cults where they don’t use names(obviously not suggesting they are in a cult, just that it feels weird to me!).

Reactions: 7
We love Ada! I hate watching the videos where SR is constantly grabbing the spoon etc. Just let her get on with it!
yes I didn’t get that. So what if the spoon is upside down, at least she’s putting it to her mouth and not chucking it on the floor?! No wonder the poor kid gets so irate with her, just let her eat FFS

• Heart
Reactions: 2
The video of Ada getting stressy before dinner last night... stop filming her? It really winds me up when people do this

Reactions: 8
I have 3 children. 2 of them mastered a spoon quite quickly. The youngest is still pretty useless at almost 3 years old. 🤷‍♀️ They are all different. Why make it an issue?? It must be exhausting being so stressed about insignificant things!

Reactions: 4
I supposed she has to try and make them master everything very young to prove that her methods work. Then she’ll get more people buying her book and enrolled in her workshops. 🙄

Also if Ada is stressing while she’s trying to cook why not put her in the high chair and give her some toys to play with. Hate seeing instagrammers sticking the phones in babies faces while they’re upset, so wrong.

Reactions: 6
I supposed she has to try and make them master everything very young to prove that her methods work. Then she’ll get more people buying her book and enrolled in her workshops. 🙄

Also if Ada is stressing while she’s trying to cook why not put her in the high chair and give her some toys to play with. Hate seeing instagrammers sticking the phones in babies faces while they’re upset, so wrong.
totally agree! My little girl used to love playing with her toys in her highchair and watching me cook while we danced to some music! Still does actually!

What is hassling your child to hold a spoon a certain way to the point they’re annoyed and frustrated with you going to achieve? That and the fussing before dinner, her mealtimes seem so stressful. Surely you don’t want to create these negative associations with eating and mealtimes? It’s so strange to watch, especially alongside all the moaning she does about her own child. I wonder what exactly she’s trying to portray?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Poor Ada looks so hungry the way she’s stuffing her food down just like Joe Wick’s daughter Indie
You can feel the stress through the screen when it’s meal times in their house !

Reactions: 3
Wants people to actively compare their children to other strangers children in the comments… I despair 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 5
How nice for her son to get cuddles in bed but don’t dare go near the daughter!!! Leave her well alone!!!

How nice for her son to get cuddles in bed but don’t dare go near the daughter!!! Leave her well alone!!!
I don’t disagree with her point, once my daughter is in bed she’s left well alone, why would I mess about with cuddling her while she’s sleeping and risk disrupting her sleep when I can just cuddled her while she’s awake - but the way she HAS to compare her children really grates on me. Every child is different but I hate the “this one is much better” than the other 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
I don’t disagree with her point, once my daughter is in bed she’s left well alone, why would I mess about with cuddling her while she’s sleeping and risk disrupting her sleep when I can just cuddled her while she’s awake - but the way she HAS to compare her children really grates on me. Every child is different but I hate the “this one is much better” than the other 🤦🏻‍♀️
Yes that’s what grates on me too. All of my children have periods of better and worse sleep but I don’t start putting photos up of the best sleeper and imply how much more I love that one. It’s just how unnecessary the whole story is. Always making out her daughter is the demon child and then even stating that she keeps away from her.

All mothers have a child that is left to sleep for fear of waking them at some point. We don’t usually highlight it 🥴

Yes that’s what grates on me too. All of my children have periods of better and worse sleep but I don’t start putting photos up of the best sleeper and imply how much more I love that one. It’s just how unnecessary the whole story is. Always making out her daughter is the demon child and then even stating that she keeps away from her.

All mothers have a child that is left to sleep for fear of waking them at some point. We don’t usually highlight it 🥴
It’s so very clear that she had her favourite and that’s the end of it. I’m pregnant with number two and I’m sure there will be times when one will get on my nerves more than the other 🤣 but I’ll never highlight it or treat them any different so they’d never be aware! We don’t do favourites in our house, that goes for highlighting who she seems to prefer on any given day (usually the person who’s allowing her to have more snacks 🤣🤣)

I find the way she compares them very uncomfortable.
Apart from anything else we tend to look back with rose tinted glasses on so it is easy to only remember the lovely parts. Also when you have one baby you only have them to look after, so if they sleep badly or get up early then you can take things easier the next day but when you have two or more it is harder because you still have the other child/ren to look after.

Reactions: 4