SR_nutrition

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My daughter had a proper Duggee cake for her first birthday. She loved it. But actually didn't eat much of it, we ended up eating most of it :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 5
A pancake sheet cake is baked in a shallow cookie sheet which is oblong, and then cut into pieces. It’s not round. 😒

Reactions: 2
She’s setting them up to be the children I see in my class who when we have a buffet or party food try and shove as much as they can on their plate and be super greedy because they’ve never been around normal food. It’s poor parenting in my opinion. I’m sure I remember raffy had a fruit birthday cake me year that was just loads of fruit stacked up with a candle in 🤦🏻‍♀️

She’s setting them up to be the children I see in my class who when we have a buffet or party food try and shove as much as they can on their plate and be super greedy because they’ve never been around normal food. It’s poor parenting in my opinion. I’m sure I remember raffy had a fruit birthday cake me year that was just loads of fruit stacked up with a candle in 🤦🏻‍♀️
Oh, she did it again 🤦🏻‍♀️ Such disordered eating. It’s a party!! Chuck out some proper party food!

Attachments

Oh, she did it again 🤦🏻‍♀️ Such disordered eating. It’s a party!! Chuck out some proper party food!
My cousins were never allowed sweets etc when we were kids so as a result at every party they were literally hoovering up everything like they’d never been fed, running around screaming, high on sugar and then inevitably always threw up everywhere when they got home

My cousins were never allowed sweets etc when we were kids so as a result at every party they were literally hoovering up everything like they’d never been fed, running around screaming, high on sugar and then inevitably always threw up everywhere when they got home
I’m not surprised 🤦🏻‍♀️ I see it happen all too often these days! I don’t understand the mentality of labelling food as bad or good. Yes some foods are healthier than others, we all know that, but why deny ever having something you see as “bad”. My daughter is 21 months and we all eat a balanced diet, with everything is moderation. If she has some chocolate buttons with her lunch for example she’ll usually eat the fruit or sandwich first rather than the chocolate because she doesn’t see it as this massive treat that she’s never allowed so feels the need to gobble it up! If she has a biscuit, she enjoys it and savours each bite, just like every other food! And doesn’t whinge when she only has one, because she had these things in moderation so it’s not a big deal. Food doesn’t have a value, it’s such disordered thinking she’s promoting. She needs to bung some fish fingers in the oven every once in a while rather than feeding her kids organic slop constantly 🤦🏻‍♀️
Sorry I’m ranting but it’s a massive bug bear of mine!

Reactions: 7
I’m sorry but her daughter’s ‘pancake sheet cake’ or whatever she called it, is the saddest excuse for a birthday cake ive ever seen. Is there really anything wrong with allowing them a proper cake on their birthday?! Let’s face it they’re only going to actually ingest a minimal amount at 1. Do these controlling, obsessive types not realise that their kids are going to go absolutely bleeping mental once they start having free access to sugar etc in life…like on play dates or whatever. Isn’t it better to teach them to enjoy all foods in moderation?! Raffy & Ada have got “gone off the rails” written all over them in later life.
Exactly. What’s wrong with letting them have a bit of regular cake but not making a big deal out of it? Poor kid. Have you noticed how Ada is constantly labelled as the “difficult one” and Raffy is the golden child by comparison. If Raffy goes through a fussy stage, it’s “oh this is normal, he was probably going through a lot bless him”, if Ada starts throwing food or refusing things, it’s “well obviously I find it incredibly frustrating, she’s not like her brother at all”. Poor Ada is going to see the harsh labelling on social media in years to come and realise just how much she lives in the shadow of her brother!

• Sad
From the minute she was born she just wasn’t him and she made that known! Referring to her as “sister” for ages as well 😬

Exactly. What’s wrong with letting them have a bit of regular cake but not making a big deal out of it? Poor kid. Have you noticed how Ada is constantly labelled as the “difficult one” and Raffy is the golden child by comparison. If Raffy goes through a fussy stage, it’s “oh this is normal, he was probably going through a lot bless him”, if Ada starts throwing food or refusing things, it’s “well obviously I find it incredibly frustrating, she’s not like her brother at all”. Poor Ada is going to see the harsh labelling on social media in years to come and realise just how much she lives in the shadow of her brother!
I thought this would have stopped by now, but her recent posts have made it so obvious again! Ada sounds like a normal child with character. She must just be pissed off that perfect Waffy’s behaviour isn’t a result of her supreme parenting and weaning, rather just luck!

(I mean I say that as parent to an Ada-a-like who I love very much 🤣)

Reactions: 4
I’m shocked that she had the twiglets out… have you ever seen such a depressing birthday spread? 😂

• Haha
She keeps bleating on about how hard her year has been with Ada. I know we like people who are honest and don’t paint parenthood as a Disney fairytale but I’m not sure her daughter will appreciate reading about it time and time again in the future!

• Heart
  • Sad
She actually said the words “your bother used to do it” to try and convince Ada to blow on a piece of hot quiche in front of her 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ Why are you serving her food that’s too hot in the first place, she’s one! And why are you yet again explicitly trying to turn her into her brother?! 😡

Also lentil stuffed jacket potato sounds vomit inducing. And I’m mainly veggie 🤣🤦🏻‍♀️

• Angry
She actually said the words “your bother used to do it” to try and convince Ada to blow on a piece of hot quiche in front of her 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ Why are you serving her food that’s too hot in the first place, she’s one! And why are you yet again explicitly trying to turn her into her brother?! 😡

Also lentil stuffed jacket potato sounds vomit inducing. And I’m mainly veggie 🤣🤦🏻‍♀️
No wonder Raffy didn’t eat them lentil stuffed jackets they looked rank 🤢 poor kid

Lolling at her stories from yesterday - they are off glamping in the lovely little town of Norfolk 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Lolling at her stories from yesterday - they are off glamping in the lovely little town of Norfolk 🤣🤣
That’s cracked me up 😂 Just seen where this pop up glamping site is and there are much nicer places I would rather go to in Norfolk !

Reactions: 1
Watching her hold the spoon and not let Ada do it herself was painful to watch..considering she's meant to be a weaning expert surely she knows they are meant to do it themselves, no wonder she dropped the spoon and used her hands

Watching her hold the spoon and not let Ada do it herself was painful to watch..considering she's meant to be a weaning expert surely she knows they are meant to do it themselves, no wonder she dropped the spoon and used her hands
This has always annoyed me about her. Absolute control freakery! Ada demonised for having a personality and testing out a spoon in a perfectly normal way, not like perfect Raffy who was a pro 🤦🏽‍♀️

This has always annoyed me about her. Absolute control freakery! Ada demonised for having a personality and testing out a spoon in a perfectly normal way, not like perfect Raffy who was a pro 🤦🏽‍♀️
And pushing her to do things that perfect Raf did! My daughter could quite capably use a use a spoon at 12 months but didn’t because her hands were quicker 🤣 I just always gave her a spoon and let her do her own thing, it’s not like she’ll be using her hands when she goes to school 🤣

• Heart
And pushing her to do things that perfect Raf did! My daughter could quite capably use a use a spoon at 12 months but didn’t because her hands were quicker 🤣 I just always gave her a spoon and let her do her own thing, it’s not like she’ll be using her hands when she goes to school 🤣
Exactly - all kids get there eventually even if by different routes, because *drum roll* all children are different. Not like any of us were still eating with our hands/shitting ourselves by the time we became adults is it?

It kind of reminds me of her obsessing about potty training her son yonks ago - firstly she plastered it over social media for all eternity. Secondly he clearly wasn’t ready as she kept saying he was potty trained but then saying he was still having multiple accidents (a la Joe Wicks and his daughter) weeks/months later. It was like she felt he should have been doing it by X time so she could show off and the fact he wasn’t was clearly an inconvenience. Again kids all do these things differently. Am sure she’ll expose Ada’s journey and complain how she isn’t doing it like Raffy.

Isn’t there a saying about comparison being the thief of joy? She needs to accept/embrace that her two children are different and accept that Ada will do things as and when she is ready. Really feels like they’ll grow up being pitted against each other.

Also I’m sure I’ve said this before but the whole ‘sister’ thing makes me cringe so much.

• Heart
Poor kid just wants what his peers want maybe?

I wish that instead of putting the ‘unfortunately’ at the end she had put something more positive - like he can eat all those things on occasion and still have a healthy/balanced diet. By demonising them she’s going to make it a far bigger issue in the long run. She comes across as a bit neurotic/overly obsessed with the food they eat.

2B0AC716-75D7-421F-B94B-A11F5654F8AB.jpeg

• Heart
Poor kid just wants what his peers want maybe?

I wish that instead of putting the ‘unfortunately’ at the end she had put something more positive - like he can eat all those things on occasion and still have a healthy/balanced diet. By demonising them she’s going to make it a far bigger issue in the long run. She comes across as a bit neurotic/overly obsessed with the food they eat.

View attachment 714543
I’m not surprised he only wanted to eat those bits, he knew it was a once in a blue moon occurance that he was allowed! She has no concept of a balanced diet does she? Obsessed with only eating healthy, bland, boring and organic. Poor children are being set up for a life time of disordered eating.

Reactions: 6