SR_nutrition

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like she over complicates things, it’s not rocket science but I suppose she has a book to sell and poor Ada is the ideal way to market it. Wish she’d just stop pushing the camera in her children’s faces. I thought mealtimes with babies and toddlers were supposed to be as distraction free as possible

Reactions: 5
I really wish she would let the poor girl just eat and stop fingering everything it’s infuriating

Ada is referred to as sister twice in her stories on sat eve and today raffy and Charlotte call her sister. Think its her name now tbh
I just don’t understand it, especially as Ada is shorter to type! 🤷‍♀️ Am sure it’s meant as a term of endearment but seems quite impersonal, especially given she’s using Ada as a cash cow essentially.

I’m aware my grammar is awful but she’s from the FOD school of bad spelling/incoherent sentences - which isn’t an issue in itself unless you’re using your child platform to inform people of best practices around weaning. This story made zero sense to me!

27905924-0EF6-43D2-AF40-132905A0D90C.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I love the panic in basically every weaning account managers voice when baby doesn’t eat something. “THAT’S OK THAT’S OK IT’S TOTALLY FINE FOR THAT TO HAPPEN” as if they’ve just taken out the big money box on Deal or No Deal. You’re fuming and panicked hun I can tell! Sister did not come to play!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Her latest story about the chocolate bar left in Raffy’s room - really made me chuckle. Like he was trolling her 😂. Doesn’t matter what you feed kids they still find (in the main) chocolate irresistible.

Did find it sad she felt she had to stipulate the chocolate was hers - it doesn’t matter whose it was. It’s ok to have chocolate etc in moderation (obviously not ideal that he discovered/devoured it at bedtime!).

Reactions: 3
Her latest story about the chocolate bar left in Raffy’s room - really made me chuckle. Like he was trolling her 😂. Doesn’t matter what you feed kids they still find (in the main) chocolate irresistible.

Did find it sad she felt she had to stipulate the chocolate was hers - it doesn’t matter whose it was. It’s ok to have chocolate etc in moderation (obviously not ideal that he discovered/devoured it at bedtime!).

And that the choc bar was "given to her" because she is that amazing not to have to buy chocolate

Reactions: 3
She thought it was quiet at 9pm.... Why wasn't he asleep?
Also is she suggesting she received the chocolate then took it into her son's room and left it there.... More like he helped himself out the cupboard

Reactions: 1
Cant believe there’s a thread finally for SR nutrition. I hate hate hate the baby led weaning community, it’s like a cult! No sugar, no cakes, god forbid a piece of chocolate. Don’t they realise that when the kids are in secondary school with a bit of pocket money they will be picking what they want anyway. Making “treat” food so untouchable only makes it more desirable.
The way she presses the food between her fingers makes me want to vom as well. I don’t get what this shows. I have 2 friends who followed her advice and they are honestly the most stressed out people at meal times with their kids and the kids don’t eat anything. I think for her approach to work it needs someone constantly implementing it day in and day out. Raffy is a good eater but it’s not to say it’s all down to the techniques she uses. I know plenty of kids who are good eaters and their parents have just provided meals they would normally eat. Also the fruit “cake” was a travesty

• Heart
Cant believe there’s a thread finally for SR nutrition. I hate hate hate the baby led weaning community, it’s like a cult! No sugar, no cakes, god forbid a piece of chocolate. Don’t they realise that when the kids are in secondary school with a bit of pocket money they will be picking what they want anyway. Making “treat” food so untouchable only makes it more desirable.
The way she presses the food between her fingers makes me want to vom as well. I don’t get what this shows. I have 2 friends who followed her advice and they are honestly the most stressed out people at meal times with their kids and the kids don’t eat anything. I think for her approach to work it needs someone constantly implementing it day in and day out. Raffy is a good eater but it’s not to say it’s all down to the techniques she uses. I know plenty of kids who are good eaters and their parents have just provided meals they would normally eat. Also the fruit “cake” was a travesty
Baby led weaning isn't no sugar etc and we nutrition does not follow baby led.
Baby led weaning means no purees you give food in its normal form (as you the adult would eat it). It's about family meal times and all eating together and babies feed themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She really makes weaning more complicated than it needs to be. We started with purées and have moved onto finger foods and baby eating similar meals to us. It’s not rocket science, just need to go with what the baby is comfortable with/ready for. I think her and others have created a whole industry which some parents feel compelled to follow and get super stressed about.

Also some of the meals she feeds Ada and Raff are so depressing and bland. I wouldn’t eat them so I wouldn’t expect my baby to.

Reactions: 8
Baby led weaning isn't no sugar etc and we nutrition does not follow baby led.
Baby led weaning means no purees you give food in its normal form (as you the adult would eat it). It's about family meal times and all eating together and babies feed themselves.
Yes I’m aware of what baby led weaning is, it is a part of the job I do. I was just stating that the online community of promoters seem to go to the extreme with other elements of weaning (the sugar ban) and being so dogmatic about food in general. As another poster pointed out, it comes across as controlling and obsessive

Reactions: 2
I hate the 100 first tastes thing that people do 🤣 absolutely no need! I can remember if it was SR or someone else who was like “I can’t seem to get so and so to eat salmon but that’s ok I’m going to keep offering in different ways”

You know what? I’m a human being, just like babies are. I bleeping hate salmon. You can dress it up how you want but I hate it. If you keep offering it to me I’ll get angry because I hate it. I like most other fish. My partner doesn’t eat any fish. My daughter loves all fish so far. Is it not ok for a tiny baby to just simply not like something?!

• Haha
Reactions: 8